Thanks for visiting BtownBanners.com!  We noticed you have AdBlock enabled.  While ads can be annoying, we utilize them to provide these forums free of charge to you!  Please consider removing your AdBlock for BtownBanners or consider signing up to donate and help BtownBanners stay alive!  Thank you!

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

HoosierBeezo

Hoosiers a 2 Seed in Lunardi's Bracketology

Just for fun, I filled out this updated bracket to see where it would take me.  What I ended up with, was a final four of Indiana vs Louisville and Michigan vs Kentucky (pains me to say it, but they are improving.  That bracket was weak too). 

Here is my bracket.  You can download the Excel file to do your own and post it if you want.  Here is the way I see it.  What do you think?

(If you are filling out your own bracket, just place a 1 by the team you want to advance)

NOTE: Must be logged in to download files.

IU Hoosier41 Picks.pdf

March Madness Bracket 1-8-13.xlsx

You'd have Kentucky beating both Minnesota and Michigan State? I guess anything can happen come March, especially if UK improves A LOT, but I'd be shocked by that. Also, I love that the ESPN guy has IU and Louisville playing in Lexington.

Yeah, I'm not too sure about where IU was placed as a 2 seed either, but it would be in Lexington, meaning closer to home. Also, with the way Zona has played the past week, there is no way they should still be a 1 seed. Jesus Christ they look bad for having Seth Davis/Doug Gotlieb (whichever idiot said it) say they were the team to beat this year

You'd have Kentucky beating both Minnesota and Michigan State? I guess anything can happen come March, especially if UK improves A LOT, but I'd be shocked by that. Also, I love that the ESPN guy has IU and Louisville playing in Lexington.

Reason for beating both teams is purely style of play.  Kentucky has the ability to make their opponents play their 1 on 1 garbage.  I don't think Michigan State is that good this year, and Minnesota is susceptible to Kentucky's antics IMO.

Reason for beating both teams is purely style of play.  Kentucky has the ability to make their opponents play their 1 on 1 garbage.  I don't think Michigan State is that good this year, and Minnesota is susceptible to Kentucky's antics IMO.

I can see why you can see them beating both, especially with a couple more months of improvement. I can easily see UK beating one but can't see them beating both. Who knows what could/will happen. It's called March Madness for a reason.

I would agree that it might look as if we are the last 2 seed. But being in Lexington would allow it to be a closer game than another regional. So, I'm going to hope that's the case, but I also believe that the path doesn't matter, still have to win 6 games.

Unfortunately, we very well might end up with a 2 considering the gauntlet that is the B1G this yr. Arizona has bumbled and stumbled their way to an undefeated start, and in that powder puff league, they're not going to lose many. No way, from what I've seen, are they one of the 4 best teams in the country... and if Lunardi can't see that, he's out of his mind!!

There is no difference between a 1 or 2 seed. You can typically make an argument for either seed almost any year. As long as we are a 1 or 2 we would have to go through similar teams to win a title. At the end of the day you have to beat whoever shows up on a given night to cut down the nets. I would love to be a 2 seed or higher and take our chances. We can beat anyone on a given night. The winner will do it 6 consecutive games whether they are a 1 or 2.

I dont mind being a 2 seed. I would rather play in Indy though, hopefully Arizona will lose a few games, they dont have any chances left to get quality win. I like our chances to move up as the season progresses.

IU is the 6th team according to Joe's snake bracket. I firmly believe that. their will be a dark horse in this tourney along with 2-5 mid-majors in the sweet sixteen 

From looking at it, it looks as if tey have Duke as the #1 overall one seed, that would make IU the #4 two seed. Am I wrong?

Also, I understand all this is irrelevant, still 16+ games left. But interesting to talk about.

that is the way it is suppose to be, but who knows. I agree with al this doesnt matter with 16+ games. Plus with Kelly a possible out for Duke i believe that will hurt them big time