Thanks for visiting BtownBanners.com!  We noticed you have AdBlock enabled.  While ads can be annoying, we utilize them to provide these forums free of charge to you!  Please consider removing your AdBlock for BtownBanners or consider signing up to donate and help BtownBanners stay alive!  Thank you!

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Homegrown Hoosier

I'm excited about... IU Football?

With the best recruiting class in IU Football history and the favorable home schedule, I'm quite excited about this upcoming season. Through in the fact that we have 3 strong QB candidates and I'm thinking this season will be a lot of fun. Sure, this team isn't a Rose Bowl team. However, I can't remember a time when I was this excited about college football this far in advance of the season. Will be interesting to see how Wilson now deals with higher expectations. Either way, can't wait for the season to start!

With the best recruiting class in IU Football history and the favorable home schedule, I'm quite excited about this upcoming season. Through in the fact that we have 3 strong QB candidates and I'm thinking this season will be a lot of fun. Sure, this team isn't a Rose Bowl team. However, I can't remember a time when I was this excited about college football this far in advance of the season. Will be interesting to see how Wilson now deals with higher expectations. Either way, can't wait for the season to start!

Only things I have to add to this are

1.  Tre Roberson will be back.  If he had been healthy last year, I say we would've gone bowling.

2.  Every starter from last year's offense is returning except our center, and most of the defensive players will be back too.  Add returning experience to the best IU football recruiting class EVER, and you should have something awesome.

I feel pretty strongly about our chances at getting to a bowl, and I'd say an 8 win season isn't too likely, but it's not totally out of the question either.

I'll predict a 7-5 season for the Hoosiers, and their 3rd bowl appearance in the past 20 (lol) years!

just don't look past Ball State

We don't play that high school this year.

Speaking of which, when I went to the IU-Ball St bball games this season, I almost started the "Ball State high school!" chant, but held my tongue for the sake of the ball state fan sitting in front of me.

We don't play that high school this year.

Speaking of which, when I went to the IU-Ball St bball games this season, I almost started the "Ball State high school!" chant, but held my tongue for the sake of the ball state fan sitting in front of me.

LOL that would have been great.. the only problem, we lost

I meant at the IU vs Ball State *high school* Basketball game which we won 101-53.

Anyone else go to the spring game? The first half was pretty interesting, but the second half left much to be desired in my opinion

Nah I didn't go.  I DVR'ed it last night so I can watch later though.