Thanks for visiting BtownBanners.com!  We noticed you have AdBlock enabled.  While ads can be annoying, we utilize them to provide these forums free of charge to you!  Please consider removing your AdBlock for BtownBanners or consider signing up to donate and help BtownBanners stay alive!  Thank you!

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Brittad2014

Big 10 Basketball

Finally! This is just my opinion, but I feel like when the Big 10 season starts we finally get to see what Indiana is made of.  And yes, while I enjoy (kind of) big blow-outs against no-name teams, they get really boring because there isn't a fight for the win. We expect it.  While I'm stoked about the upcoming game tomorrow, I'm also nervous because it is an away game.  However, that's just me.  What are your thoughts on the Big 10 season?

-Brittad2014

B1G road games scare the crap out of me.  It is the one thing that this Hoosier team hasn't proved themselves on under Crean in my opinion.  With that being said, I think our Hoosiers are up for the challenge and will prove to everyone they can win in hostile environments finally. Not trying to have another Nebraska incident like last year!

B1G road games scare the crap out of me.  It is the one thing that this Hoosier team hasn't proved themselves on under Crean in my opinion.  With that being said, I think our Hoosiers are up for the challenge and will prove to everyone they can win in hostile environments finally. Not trying to have another Nebraska incident like last year!

No kidding! The Nebraska game last year was a complete joke!  We have a lot of room for improvement for these games, but on another hand the B1G as a whole is definitely better in basketball this year.  I'm excited to see what we can prove this season though!

No kidding! The Nebraska game last year was a complete joke!  We have a lot of room for improvement for these games, but on another hand the B1G as a whole is definitely better in basketball this year.  I'm excited to see what we can prove this season though!

It should be a fun year.  Although I'm sure the IU fan base will explode when we lose any game. 

It should be a fun year.  Although I'm sure the IU fan base will explode when we lose any game. 

It wont just be Hoosier Nation, but everyone will be calling us overrated and the likes when we lose. But honestly, it's to be expected, no big 10 team has any true shot of running the table in our bruising conference. Just trying to make it out alive will be a task for most

It wont just be Hoosier Nation, but everyone will be calling us overrated and the likes when we lose. But honestly, it's to be expected, no big 10 team has any true shot of running the table in our bruising conference. Just trying to make it out alive will be a task for most

I expect to lose a few games this year...correct me if I'm wrong but in 87, IU had I believe 4 losses, and went on to bring home a banner!

. I expect to lose a few games this year...correct me if I'm wrong but in 87, IU had I believe 4 losses, and went on to bring home a banner!

As long as we make the Dance, the losses don't matter in my opinion.  Indiana has the talent to beat anyone in March.

I have to believe that a B1G team is bringing home the banner this season. This season will be a meat grinder and maybe one of the deepest conferences EVER.

The Big East was pretty solid a few years ago, but the size of the league protected some of the teams from playing everyone. This season we may see 7 or 8 B1G teams dancing.

I think most teams will have 5-6 losses, while the elite teams, Michigan and Indiana will have 2 - 3 B1G losses.

I think it would be amazing if there was a all Big Ten final four!  It really could happen.  Indiana, Michigan, Ohio State and Michigan State/Minnesota.  That would be something else.  Has that every happened beofre?

1985 the big east had 3 teams in the final four. And considering memphis had to vacate their appearence, some might say that was an all big east final four.