Thanks for visiting BtownBanners.com!  We noticed you have AdBlock enabled.  While ads can be annoying, we utilize them to provide these forums free of charge to you!  Please consider removing your AdBlock for BtownBanners or consider signing up to donate and help BtownBanners stay alive!  Thank you!

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Andrew_114

Page is great, but Improvement Suggestions

I really like this forum website and intend to use it regularly. In my opinion how it is now is great but I would like to suggest a few improvements and thought other users may have some.

1. It would be great if there was an email or some notification if someone liked your post (potentially facebookish,) or if they quoted a comment of yours.

2. I also think it would be cool if there was a home page button at the bottom of the screen, yeah I know it's minor and really not a big deal but I'm lazy

As of right now that's all I can think of but everyone feel free to give their ideas.

Ill try and answer both of these questions.

To Andrew: I'm not sure what can be done about email, but you should receive a notification when someone likes your content. Its at the top of the page, and will let you know when someone likes your post. Ill see what we can do about quoting and possibly email. Also, you can return to the "home page" by going to either the top or bottom, where it shows the route you took to the thread, and click on the "btownbanners forums" link to send you back to the original page.

To hoosier93: I'm not sure if I can see it only because I'm a moderator or not, but it should be at the bottom of the home page.

I really like this forum website and intend to use it regularly. In my opinion how it is now is great but I would like to suggest a few improvements and thought other users may have some.

1. It would be great if there was an email or some notification if someone liked your post (potentially facebookish,) or if they quoted a comment of yours.

2. I also think it would be cool if there was a home page button at the bottom of the screen, yeah I know it's minor and really not a big deal but I'm lazy

As of right now that's all I can think of but everyone feel free to give their ideas.

Point 1:  This actually can be done.  Instructions:

• Top right of screen, click dropdown by your username.  Select "My Settings"
  • On the left side menu bar, click "Notification Options"
  • Here you can adjust all of your notification settings.  Based on what you are saying, I would click the Auto Follow Topics I reply too Button and then pick your notification method.

Point 2: At the bottom left of every page, you will see BtownBanners Forums --> Board Category --> Board Name.  Clicking BtownBanners Forums (will take you to main screen),

Thanks for starting this topic, If anyone else has any questions, go ahead and add them here.  Thanks for joining!

Point 1:  This actually can be done.  Instructions:
  • Top right of screen, click dropdown by your username.  Select "My Settings"
  • On the left side menu bar, click "Notification Options"
  • Here you can adjust all of your notification settings.  Based on what you are saying, I would click the Auto Follow Topics I reply too Button and then pick your notification method.

Point 2: At the bottom left of every page, you will see BtownBanners Forums --> Board Category --> Board Name.  Clicking BtownBanners Forums (will take you to main screen),

Thanks for starting this topic, If anyone else has any questions, go ahead and add them here.  Thanks for joining!

Hey thanks! I guess I hadn't explored the website enough!

Is their anyway we could see the results of the score on the Pick'ems ?

Go to the Pick Ems section and choose which category ya wanna see, there's a spot that says leaderboard on the right, it has who got how many right and your ranking