Thanks for visiting BtownBanners.com!  We noticed you have AdBlock enabled.  While ads can be annoying, we utilize them to provide these forums free of charge to you!  Please consider removing your AdBlock for BtownBanners or consider signing up to donate and help BtownBanners stay alive!  Thank you!

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Hoosiers of IU

Tough Matchups

A potential 2nd round matchup with NC State could be a dangerous game for the Hoosiers.. This is a team that has several players with NBA talent, and started the season ranked in the top 5. They dropped some tough games during the ACC stretch, but being that I live in ACC country, I've seen them play on several occasions. They rebound well, have a rotation of big bodies, and can score.

NC State's CJ Leslie and Richard Howell lead the team in both scoring and rebounding. and are both about as athletic as they come.. They remind me a lot of Minnesota, who gave IU fits with their bruising, crash-the-boards style the last time the two met.

I'm extremely nervous about this potential game, and hope that Crean and Co. aren't looking past a team like this en route to the Final Four.

A potential 2nd round matchup with NC State could be a dangerous game for the Hoosiers.. This is a team that has several players with NBA talent, and started the season ranked in the top 5. They dropped some tough games during the ACC stretch, but being that I live in ACC country, I've seen them play on several occasions. They rebound well, have a rotation of big bodies, and can score.

NC State's CJ Leslie and Richard Howell lead the team in both scoring and rebounding. and are both about as athletic as they come.. They remind me a lot of Minnesota, who gave IU fits with their bruising, crash-the-boards style the last time the two met.

I'm extremely nervous about this potential game, and hope that Crean and Co. aren't looking past a team like this en route to the Final Four.

Well said, this team has me nervous as well. Indiana's draw, which many consider favorable, actually has some impressive teams on it. NC State, Syracuse, Miami were all once considered top 5 teams at some point this year. While they might have faded, they still have the talent to be considered top 5. Those to me are always dangerous games in any tournament situation. The good news for Hoosiers is IU normally plays very well against good teams.

It will be interesting to watch James Madison in round 1 (I will never call this round 2) slow the ball down or attack like the did in the Forst Four games. Here is to hoping they attack and leave with a L.

I always go into panic mode at tourney time. It's like every team has a different mindset and they have a blood thirst, anything can happen. Just like last night, a couple of 16 seeds damn near won, thats what makes March one of my favorite times of the year and I will be a depressed redneck when it's over no matter what happens