Thanks for visiting BtownBanners.com!  We noticed you have AdBlock enabled.  While ads can be annoying, we utilize them to provide these forums free of charge to you!  Please consider removing your AdBlock for BtownBanners or consider signing up to donate and help BtownBanners stay alive!  Thank you!

Class of '66 Old Fart

IUBB - 2020 Off-Season News

2 hours ago, Loaded Chicken Sandwich said:

You can roll your eyes, but Durham is ready for overseas now. He was after his Sophomore year. He could even do the G-League. But he’s not an NBA player. There have been hundreds of players just like him and better who haven’t made it.

Sent from my iPhone using BtownBanners mobile app

Didn't you mention in the NBA thread at the beginning of the season that TJ McConnell wasn't an NBA player?

He was a bad move. Along with some others. Just par for the course for the Pacers.

You obviously don’t watch much pacers games if you think tj McConnell was a bad move.

Are we gonna have guys leaving or not? So far, there's been no word on that front. Yet we're finalists for this grad transfer from San Francisco. So obviously, we're pursuing him. Yet if Lander does indeed reclassify, we don't have an open scholarship -- unless someone leaves. I can't imagine we'd be recruiting a kid (particularly a grad transfer) if we don't have a spot for him. 

2 minutes ago, Loaded Chicken Sandwich said:

Would he start from day 1? If Lander does come and he did... we’d have Lander, Phinisee, Durham, Leal, Franklin and Minlend.

Sent from my iPhone using BtownBanners

And Galloway. I want good players, but SG seems like the last need based on numbers. A big man seem much more necessary. 

Charles Minlend shot 30% from 3-point range last season and 28% the year before. That's better than Armaan Franklin but not as good as Al Durham and Rob Phinisee. Archie apparently does not think either Leal or Galloway are ready for significant playing time next season if he is recruiting another shooting guard. It could also mean that there are indications that Lander won't be able to re-classify or that another IU player has told Archie he plans to transfer.

Charles Minlend shot 30% from 3-point range last season and 28% the year before. That's better than Armaan Franklin but not as good as Al Durham and Rob Phinisee. Archie apparently does not think either Leal or Galloway are ready for significant playing time next season if he is recruiting another shooting guard. It could also mean that there are indications that Lander won't be able to re-classify or that another IU player has told Archie he plans to transfer.

Even if a guard transferred it still wouldn’t make sense. We need a point guard if Lander isn’t coming and we need a big. Can we go under the table and get Jordan Burns from Colgate?

I agree that recruiting a shooting guard makes little sense at this point in time. If I am a recruit and saw that IU's team next season already has four shooting guards and six guards total (included Phinisee and Lander) I wouldn't choose to join the IU team.