Thanks for visiting BtownBanners.com!  We noticed you have AdBlock enabled.  While ads can be annoying, we utilize them to provide these forums free of charge to you!  Please consider removing your AdBlock for BtownBanners or consider signing up to donate and help BtownBanners stay alive!  Thank you!

Class of '66 Old Fart

IUBB - 2020 Off-Season News

I thought we had a similar thread last year but couldn't track it down.  If there is a pre-existing thread will the mods please merge this into that one?

Transfer portal list grows every day but still no Hoosiers have announced.  Surprising?       Secondly, neither TJD nor Justin (2 most likely candidates) have indicated they intend to explore the NBA draft.  Not to necessarily officially declare for the draft but to get NBA level feedback.  Surprising?  

2 minutes ago, Class of '66 Old Fart said:

I thought we had a similar thread last year but couldn't track it down.  If there is a pre-existing thread will the mods please merge this into that one?

Transfer portal list grows every day but still no Hoosiers have announced.  Surprising?       Secondly, neither TJD nor Justin (2 most likely candidates) have indicated they intend to explore the NBA draft.  Not to necessarily to officially declare for the draft but to get NBA level feedback.  Surprising?  

Not surprising yet, but it would be very surprising if it lasted another two or three weeks without any news.

Completely agree that TJD, Justin Smith, and maybe Al Durham should and will be looking for NBA feedback.

31 minutes ago, Stuhoo said:

Not surprising yet, but it would be very surprising if it lasted another two or three weeks without any news.

Completely agree that TJD, Justin Smith, and maybe Al Durham should and will be looking for NBA feedback.

This came out over a month ago. I wonder if, since he already said this -- and is sticking with it -- he figures there's really no point to getting feedback if he's not planning to go anywhere? 

3 minutes ago, LamarCheeks said:

This came out over a month ago. I wonder if, since he already said this -- and is sticking with it -- he figures there's really no point to getting feedback if he's not planning to go anywhere? 

But for any kid with NBA aspirations the feedback should be invaluable to tell them what areas of their game need work.

TJD should get feedback. Smiths feedback will be the same but has the athleticism that will tease someone somewhere. Durham has no reason to think about it. All kids have aspirations of the NBA. But it’s the hardest sport to go pro in and Durham isn’t an NBA talent. He just needs to focus on next season.

Sent from my iPhone using BtownBanners mobile app

TJD should get feedback. Smiths feedback will be the same but has the athleticism that will tease someone somewhere. Durham has no reason to think about it. All kids have aspirations of the NBA. But it’s the hardest sport to go pro in and Durham isn’t an NBA talent. He just needs to focus on next season.

Neither is Smith but he should and will get feedback. It’s funny someone telling someone they shouldn’t think about something. Maybe he uses things to his advantage he learned there overseas? Maybe someone should have told you that you can do something more in your life, whether it was your dream job or close to it. It might have made a difference.

Neither is Smith but he should and will get feedback. It’s funny someone telling someone they shouldn’t think about something. Maybe he uses things to his advantage he learned there overseas? Maybe someone should have told you that you can do something more in your life, whether it was your dream job or close to it. It might have made a difference.

What’s he got to learn for overseas? He’s ready for that already. The NBA? Nah.

You can roll your eyes, but Durham is ready for overseas now. He was after his Sophomore year. He could even do the G-League. But he’s not an NBA player. There have been hundreds of players just like him and better who haven’t made it.

You can roll your eyes, but Durham is ready for overseas now. He was after his Sophomore year. He could even do the G-League. But he’s not an NBA player. There have been hundreds of players just like him and better who haven’t made it.

No I was rolling my eyes at myself for responding to you the first time. Cause I figured by the end of it I would have rather been flicked in the nut than rehashing anything we have discussed over time. You didn’t disappoint.

No I was rolling my eyes at myself for responding to you the first time. Cause I figured by the end of it I would have rather been flicked in the nut than rehashing anything we have discussed over time. You didn’t disappoint.

Yet you never have a legitimate argument.

Yet you never have a legitimate argument.

Nope never do man. Your word is golden. I don’t know why anyone would ever question you. I mean getting feedback and advice from professionals in your career of dreams is idiotic. No argument here. Guess you have never wanted to be a professional at anything in life.

Nope never do man. Your word is golden. I don’t know why anyone would ever question you. I mean getting feedback and advice from professionals in your career of dreams is idiotic. No argument here. Guess you have never wanted to be a professional at anything in life.

At times One has to face reality. You have about a 1 in 11,000 chance of becoming pro in basketball. It’s incredibly difficult. Not everyone will go pro. Not everyone needs to go get feedback. These guys have the resources to know whether they are on an NBA Radar. Only guy we have is TJD. Maybe Smith because of his athletic ability but even he’s a long shot to ever make a roster. But Durham? Just isn’t there.

Will anyone, legit prospect/not quite ready prospect/never will be a prospect, even have the chance to get feedback this year? I don’t see anyone being brought in for workouts with the virus going on. I guess they could get it from just watching film, but anyone could do that. 

Will anyone, legit prospect/not quite ready prospect/never will be a prospect, even have the chance to get feedback this year? I don’t see anyone being brought in for workouts with the virus going on. I guess they could get it from just watching film, but anyone could do that. 

That should happen any given year. And coaches should try and help and be part of that process. Durham “tested the waters” last season. But so did Smith. Both got betterish at a marginal rate. Both are just who they are. Smith is frustrating as hell because has the physical tools to be almost dominate and Durham is just not good with a ball in his hands unless he’s shooting. I’d really like to see Durham watch some Kendrick Nunn tape. That’s the guy he needs to be for us and next season he needs to be taking 6 3’s a game, which would double this season. Smith... I feel bad for him really. The offense ran this past season really just took so much away from him. Can’t slash and back cut when there is always a dude on the block and in the way. Maybe that will change this coming season though. I know what my hopes are and I’m sure they are close to others. But both players have crazy jumps to make to become NBA players. Both would last in the G-League and overseas.

25 minutes ago, Loaded Chicken Sandwich said:

At times One has to face reality. You have about a 1 in 11,000 chance of becoming pro in basketball. It’s incredibly difficult. Not everyone will go pro. Not everyone needs to go get feedback. These guys have the resources to know whether they are on an NBA Radar. Only guy we have is TJD. Maybe Smith because of his athletic ability but even he’s a long shot to ever make a roster. But Durham? Just isn’t there.

You don’t have to be going to the NBA to want NBA feedback!

Analogy: my kid wants to be a professional musician. He would love to get feedback from a group of Metropolitan Opera singers, even if he may never be one of them.

You don’t have to be going to the NBA to want NBA feedback!
Analogy: my kid wants to be a professional musician. He would love to get feedback from a group of Metropolitan Opera singers, even if he may never be one of them.

This is all I am saying. If you had the opportunity why wouldn’t you? They still have to invite you, but if one team would why wouldn’t you? To act like it is the dumbest thing ever is just asinine.

This is all I am saying. If you had the opportunity why wouldn’t you? They still have to invite you, but if one team would why wouldn’t you? To act like it is the dumbest thing ever is just asinine.

Because it is apparently useless because it didn’t help either of them. Just because you can, doesn’t always mean you should.