Thanks for visiting BtownBanners.com!  We noticed you have AdBlock enabled.  While ads can be annoying, we utilize them to provide these forums free of charge to you!  Please consider removing your AdBlock for BtownBanners or consider signing up to donate and help BtownBanners stay alive!  Thank you!

Class of '66 Old Fart

Coronavirus and Its Impact

Speaking of, what do all of you consider the least essential business that you’ve seen remain open?  For me, it’s a car wash (and from what I’ve read car repair and maintenance places may remain open — but that is not what a car wash is IMO).

The one near us isn’t even an automatic one or one you can put a card or cash into a machine — they have to have an employee literally go from car to car to get the money or run the card.

Just now, brumdog45 said:

Speaking of, what do all of you consider the least essential business that you’ve seen remain open?  For me, it’s a car wash (and from what I’ve read car repair and maintenance places may remain open — but that is not what a car wash is IMO).

The one near us isn’t even an automatic one or one you can put a card or cash into a machine — they have to have an employee literally go from car to car to get the money or run the card.

Least essential business open near me? Taco Bell 

Most essential business open near me? Tijuana Flats ... yum

https://www.msn.com/en-us/news/us/nearly-900-workers-at-tyson-foods-plant-in-indiana-test-positive-for-coronavirus/ar-BB13ssUy?li=BBnb7Kz

This was just informative of the situation at the Tyson plant. Sounds like they are trying to make some changes which is good. Tough working environment to change that drastically.

Sent from my iPhone using BtownBanners

Ohio's plan for slowly easing its restrictions:

Ohio has extended its stay-at-home order until the end of the month.

Dr. Amy Acton, director of the Ohio Department of Health, signed the extension late Thursday. The order replaces the previous one, which was set to expire on May 1. The new stay-at-home order expires at 11:59 p.m. on May 29.

Residents should stay home except for essential work or travel, according to the order. People are strongly encouraged to wear masks in public; businesses must require masks for all employees, with few exceptions allowed.

Earlier this week, Gov. Mike DeWine said the state would slowly loosen restrictions as Ohio worked to reopen its economy.

Beginning Friday, medical providers can resume non-essential and elective procedures. Dentists can also resume operations.

On Monday, manufacturing, distributing and construction businesses can reopen. Other office buildings can also reopen, although the state still recommends that people who can work from home continue to do so.

Retail stores can reopen on May 12. Stores that restrict operations to curbside pickup, delivery or appointment-only can open Friday.

Several businesses, including beauty salons, barbershops and gyms, will remain closed. Dine-in services are still prohibited at restaurants, which can offer carryout, delivery and drive-thru services.

5 minutes ago, Class of '66 Old Fart said:

Dr. Amy Acton, director of the Ohio Department of Health, signed the extension late Thursday. The order replaces the previous one, which was set to expire on May 1. The new stay-at-home order expires at 11:59 p.m. on May 29.

Residents should stay home except for essential work or travel, according to the order. People are strongly encouraged to wear masks in public; businesses must require masks for all employees, with few exceptions allowed.

Earlier this week, Gov. Mike DeWine said the state would slowly loosen restrictions as Ohio worked to reopen its economy.

Beginning Friday, medical providers can resume non-essential and elective procedures. Dentists can also resume operations.

On Monday, manufacturing, distributing and construction businesses can reopen. Other office buildings can also reopen, although the state still recommends that people who can work from home continue to do so.

Retail stores can reopen on May 12. Stores that restrict operations to curbside pickup, delivery or appointment-only can open Friday.

Several businesses, including beauty salons, barbershops and gyms, will remain closed. Dine-in services are still prohibited at restaurants, which can offer carryout, delivery and drive-thru services.

Are armed protestors threatening this governor for tyrannical restrictions. 

3 minutes ago, Brass Cannon said:

Are armed protestors threatening this governor for tyrannical restrictions. 

Don't know about Ohio, but I'm sure if ours is extended, we'll see at least one report of a bunch of Confederate flag-waving, rifle-toting, teeth-missing, tatted-up embarrassments outside the governor's house again. 

15 minutes ago, Class of '66 Old Fart said:

Been traveling to Cincy and back for the past couple of months. Downtown is definitely getting busier. 

1 hour ago, Class of '66 Old Fart said:

I think (hope) that Holcomb's plan is similar to this, but who knows given that golf courses are open.

1 hour ago, Andowen1990IU said:

I think (hope) that Holcomb's plan is similar to this, but who knows given that golf courses are open.

Except in places where it was locally banned (like Columbus), golf courses in Ohio were always allowed to be open...the state announced that back on March 30.

https://www.google.com/amp/s/www.golfdigest.com/story/heres-a-state-by-state-breakdown-of-where-golfs-allowed-and-where-it-isnt/amp

1 hour ago, Andowen1990IU said:

Despite our death rate being double Ohio's, we are opening quicker.  Retail shops open to 50% capacity on May 4th.  Restaurants open at 50% capacity as early as May 11th.  

I heard no mention of masks.

Despite our death rate being double Ohio's, we are opening quicker.  Retail shops open to 50% capacity on May 4th.  Restaurants open at 50% capacity as early as May 11th.  
I heard no mention of masks.

I thought the screen said masks optional in phase 4

Sent from my iPhone using BtownBanners mobile app