Thanks for visiting BtownBanners.com!  We noticed you have AdBlock enabled.  While ads can be annoying, we utilize them to provide these forums free of charge to you!  Please consider removing your AdBlock for BtownBanners or consider signing up to donate and help BtownBanners stay alive!  Thank you!

Class of '66 Old Fart

Coronavirus and Its Impact

Come on dudes! Let’s not fight. I can but choose not too. We don’t have the info. Sack up! We really don’t. Let’s support the ones that do. We’ll get through this BS. We will. And Cannon, you can have another kid. don’t do it now! Lol

Sent from my iPad using BtownBanners

7 hours ago, Brass Cannon said:

You and your partisan Hackery aren’t worth responding too. You are devoid of objectivity. I ignored you the same way I would ignore somebody else’s screaming toddler at a store.  

You have no facts to back up your claims. You are simply parroting the claims of somebody that has failed at just about everything he has ever done. 

You say there’s 0 data against this drug despite people having died from taking it. You are a partisan Who ignores everything that doesn’t fit within his tiny and limited worldview 

https://www.google.com/amp/s/www.axios.com/chloroquine-coronavirus-death-09c91a91-4fe7-472c-9de9-79b890aa8fff.html

So dead people don’t count as negative data?  How little value can you possibly have for human life 

Please tell me you’re joking, or you’ll lose all credibility.   See the last line of you reference.

“Editor's note: The story and headline have been corrected to reflect the fact that the form of chloroquine the couple ingested was used in aquariums (not the medication).”

Know what is strange about this miracle cure Old Friend keeps talking about?  He says doctors are prescribing it “left and right”.  If this is the miracle cure he touts it to be, then we would see it causing a significant drop in the death rate.  But that’s not happening.

Do I think it could be a beneficial treatment option?  Maybe.  So are a lot of a lot of drugs that are being prescribed.  

Cue Old Friend’s tap dancing novel of a response that doesn’t answer anything.

29 minutes ago, Golfman25 said:

Well the model predictions of fatalities have plummeted. Down to 60,000 to Aug.  

The model predictions that were showing 100,000 to 240,000 seemed to be based on an inaccurately low amount of social distancing.

21 minutes ago, Josh said:

Whoops.  This is certainly not fake news

Unless and until they warned of uncontrollable human to human spread it's really just noise.  Let's see the actual report.  You have the WHO saying on Jan 14 that the virus wasn't transferred between humans.  

Unless and until they warned of uncontrollable human to human spread it's really just noise.  Let's see the actual report.  You have the WHO saying on Jan 14 that the virus wasn't transferred between humans.  

Yes, I wish we knew exactly what was going to happen on September 11, 2001. Then we could go back in time to adjust accordingly. Unfortunately that’s not how this works. You have intelligence that warns you of these things and it’s the leaders responsibility to make a decision based on partial information. Sorry that’s unfair, but that’s exactly what that is. It’s been that way for every president. It’s not the media or someone else’s fault he doesn’t have full information. Or whomever we are blaming today.

Look I am as moderate as they come, but both dug in sides Republicans and Democrats need to quit towing the company line. It’s old. He didn’t listen to intelligence. Shocking considering he has a whole section of Americans believing his own intelligence is somehow against Americans. Then when he disagrees he starts getting rid of people. When that happens, he screams Fake News!!! It’s a tired playbook. He doesn’t need help. For me his success on the presidency is based on his economy. He is a horrible global leader. He is a horrible uniting domestic leader. He had the economy. Without that what is there to be so defensive of? Republican title? The same one he denounced four years ago as the “Establishment”. It’s truly sad where we are as a country. I am glad he could help friends, family, and yes man in his four years. Without the economy he doesn’t have a leg to stand on. I wonder why they would start putting out information to show this is much better than originally thought...

Sent from my iPhone using BtownBanners mobile app

Here we go with people calling me a Libtard, Leftist, Communist, in 3... 2... 1... because I am a Moderate sick of this playbook... Hell I would have taken Ted Cruz over this. Just no Jim Jordan due to what went down at OSU. That much like Hillary for me too is the only hard no.

Sent from my iPhone using BtownBanners

6 minutes ago, mdn82 said:

Here we go with people calling me a Libtard, Leftist, Communist, in 3... 2... 1... because I am a Moderate sick of this playbook... Hell I would have taken Ted Cruz over this. Just no Jim Jordan due to what went down at OSU. That much like Hillary for me too is the only hard no.

You are a poopyhead.

15 minutes ago, mdn82 said:

Wow that’s harsh.  Ted Cruz is horrible.  That being said I agree

32 minutes ago, mdn82 said:

Ted Cruz....I think I just threw up a little...

41 minutes ago, mdn82 said:

Yes, I wish we knew exactly what was going to happen on September 11, 2001. Then we could go back in time to adjust accordingly. Unfortunately that’s not how this works. You have intelligence that warns you of these things and it’s the leaders responsibility to make a decision based on partial information. Sorry that’s unfair, but that’s exactly what that is. It’s been that way for every president. It’s not the media or someone else’s fault he doesn’t have full information. Or whomever we are blaming today.

Look I am as moderate as they come, but both dug in sides Republicans and Democrats need to quit towing the company line. It’s old. He didn’t listen to intelligence. Shocking considering he has a whole section of Americans believing his own intelligence is somehow against Americans. Then when he disagrees he starts getting rid of people. When that happens, he screams Fake News!!! It’s a tired playbook. He doesn’t need help. For me his success on the presidency is based on his economy. He is a horrible global leader. He is a horrible uniting domestic leader. He had the economy. Without that what is there to be so defensive of? Republican title? The same one he denounced four years ago as the “Establishment”. It’s truly sad where we are as a country. I am glad he could help friends, family, and yes man in his four years. Without the economy he doesn’t have a leg to stand on. I wonder why they would start putting out information to show this is much better than originally thought...

Sent from my iPhone using BtownBanners mobile app

The problem is that if "leadership" reacted full bore to everything intelligence reported, where do we stop?  Intelligence frequently misses things and is never 100% right.  They missed the Russian invasion of Afghanistan.  Overplayed WMD.  Etc.  We don't even know what was reported -- so let's see the reports.  Right now, everyone who "predicted" a pandemic is being stood up as a genius.  A prediction without a time frame is meaningless.  It's easy to be a Monday morning QB.