Thanks for visiting BtownBanners.com!  We noticed you have AdBlock enabled.  While ads can be annoying, we utilize them to provide these forums free of charge to you!  Please consider removing your AdBlock for BtownBanners or consider signing up to donate and help BtownBanners stay alive!  Thank you!

Class of '66 Old Fart

Coronavirus and Its Impact

Here it is Sunday night. I can’t work tomorrow. Maybe I’ll have an emergency. I hope I do for the sake of making some money and not relying on the government for some bailout. (And helping someone out)

I have enough experience to be a skeptic. I don’t trust politics or politicians.

I am a conservative primarily based off of financial decisions. I am not a “Trump Lover”, but how the media treats Trump and George W Bush compared to the treatment that Obama had is an absolute travesty. I’ve never “disliked” sides, but the media during trumps tenure has brought about strong feelings from me. It’s remarkably unfair.

Something about this entire Corona virus and the way decisions are being made really makes you think.

Sent from my iPhone using BtownBanners

Here it is Sunday night. I can’t work tomorrow. Maybe I’ll have an emergency. I hope I do for the sake of making some money and not relying on the government for some bailout. (And helping someone out)

I have enough experience to be a skeptic. I don’t trust politics or politicians.

I am a conservative primarily based off of financial decisions. I am not a “Trump Lover”, but how the media treats Trump and George W Bush compared to the treatment that Obama had is an absolute travesty. I’ve never “disliked” sides, but the media during trumps tenure has brought about strong feelings from me. It’s remarkably unfair.

Something about this entire Corona virus and the way decisions are being made really makes you think.

I also know Indiana University and most Major universities run off liberal platforms. My parents could barely stand me for those 4 years of my life.

Sent from my iPhone using BtownBanners mobile app

Maybe we all need a hobby? I’m trying my best to restore an old circular saw. Just a black and decker. Last thing left from my dads wreck back in 2000. He probably bought it back like 96’ or something (it’s older than my wife I know). It won’t get completely cleaned, but it’ll make for a great birthday present.

IMG_3160.thumb.jpg.faa7460acb8b4e7d868ad89f5c6761da.jpg

Maybe we all need a hobby? I’m trying my best to restore an old circular saw. Just a black and decker. Last thing left from my dads wreck back in 2000. He probably bought it back like 96’ or something (it’s older than my wife I know). It won’t get completely cleaned, but it’ll make for a great birthday present.
IMG_3160.thumb.jpg.faa7460acb8b4e7d868ad89f5c6761da.jpg

Search you tube on how to restore a skill saw. I’ll bet there is plenty of good info for you. If not, then you publish one!

Sent from my iPad using BtownBanners mobile app

Search you tube on how to restore a skill saw. I’ll bet there is plenty of good info for you. If not, then you publish one!

Sent from my iPad using BtownBanners mobile app

I’ve seen some stuff on there. I didn’t want to get too deep into it and mess with any of the mechanics. I know my dad would rather it be completely original (outside of the cord). So I’m just deep cleaning and doing some rust removal. A little WD-40 as well. I don’t expect to really ever use it but he might.

You'd think being a retiree that this social distancing/isolation crap wouldn't be that big of a deal.  Well it is.  My typical morning would start with a 90-minute coffee break at my local greasy spoon with my fellow tellers of tall tales.  Couple of times a week Mrs. OF and I would take a drive to some out-of-town restaurant for lunch or dinner.  Trips to watch the gkids in some kind of school activity at least once a week.  Thankfully I'll have to start mowing grass this week for something to kill some time.  Not sure which will be higher in the next year the birth rate or the divorce rate.

So the missus and I have started a major de-clutter effort.  We've had stuff stored in our basement from the time we had to move her parents into a nursing home and the same for my mother.  We're finally going through the boxes and discovering some hidden treasures as well as lots of junk.  Kind of project that we wouldn't have even started if it weren't for this damn virus.  Certainly not a hobby, but at least it's something to help pass the time.  

5 minutes ago, BlueDevil said:

Seems some of the numbers are starting to turn a little

For sure. Fatalities increase has slowed.  Need to starting turning it around. 

I am concerned though that those numbers are because of the weekend 

29 minutes ago, Class of '66 Old Fart said:

The PGA TOUR has announced the rescheduled dates for three of golf's major championships.

PGA Championship: Aug. 6-9, 2020
U.S. Open: Sept. 17-20, 2020
The Masters: Nov. 12-15, 2020

I know it sucks right now, but could we get the masters twice in 6th months?? YES PLEASE!!

For sure. Fatalities increase has slowed.  Need to starting turning it around. 

I am concerned though that those numbers are because of the weekend 

Keeping my fingers crossed for more improvement. What I don’t want to see is people going out too early and causing another spike.

This in China after they started loosening restrictions.  20,000 people flocked to a popular mountain range and they had to close it down.   Can easily see similar things happening in the U.S. if restrictions are relaxed much too quickly.

https://nypost.com/2020/04/06/tourists-mob-mountain-range-as-china-loosens-coronavirus-restrictions/?utm_campaign=SocialFlow&utm_source=NYPTwitter&utm_medium=SocialFlow