Thanks for visiting BtownBanners.com!  We noticed you have AdBlock enabled.  While ads can be annoying, we utilize them to provide these forums free of charge to you!  Please consider removing your AdBlock for BtownBanners or consider signing up to donate and help BtownBanners stay alive!  Thank you!

Class of '66 Old Fart

Coronavirus and Its Impact

The more numbers I see, the more I remember the sick people with a weird....something that was never diagnosed and presented as "negative" for the flu, and the more I read about people with antibodies, the more I think this bad boy's been around for longer than "since January 21st."
Brother in-law is an officer for Ft. Wayne PD and he spoke to a doctor at Lutheran Hospital in Ft. Wayne that said they believe the virus has been going around since mid November. Stated that they had at least 200-300 patients in December that given what they know now would have suggested they had Covid-19.

Sent from my Pixel 3a XL using Tapatalk

8 hours ago, Old Friend said:

The more numbers I see, the more I remember the sick people with a weird....something that was never diagnosed and presented as "negative" for the flu, and the more I read about people with antibodies, the more I think this bad boy's been around for longer than "since January 21st."

https://www.google.com/amp/s/amp.usatoday.com/amp/2899027001

Florida I worry about because they were way too lax from the onset.  Even now I don't believe the state is in lockdown -- it's on a county by county basis.

Yes, it’s county by county. There are counties in Florida that have no cases. Mostly up in the bend area but a few inland as well. New York screwed us by them running down here. Still are. It sucks.

Sent from my iPad using BtownBanners mobile app

Wimbledon has been canceled; first time since WW II.

IU Trustee election postponed for a year so we're stuck with Shoulders for another year.

If there is a high school track and field championship it will have to be held somewhere other than Bloomington.  IU has canceled all university and outside events on campus through July 31. 

1 hour ago, brumdog45 said:

Florida I worry about because they were way too lax from the onset.  Even now I don't believe the state is in lockdown -- it's on a county by county basis.

Boy ain't that the truth.  Our county has told us that it's "Safer at Home".  They want only essential businesses to stay open.  However, there's no specifics nor enforcement.

I have a customer that makes pool heaters.  Think about that...they make a luxury item for your luxury item.  They've been deemed essential.

I have a customer that makes window tint for your car or home.  They've been deemed essential.  

I am essential.  And let me tell you, I'm not essential.  The list goes on and on.  There's no seriousness here.  All I can do is make good decisions and pray.

Just now, Josh said:

Boy ain't that the truth.  Our county has told us that it's "Safer at Home".  They want only essential businesses to stay open.  However, there's no specifics nor enforcement.

I have a customer that makes pool heaters.  Think about that...they make a luxury item for your luxury item.  They've been deemed essential.

I have a customer that makes window tint for your car or home.  They've been deemed essential.  

I am essential.  And let me tell you, I'm not essential.  The list goes on and on.  There's no seriousness here.  All I can do is make good decisions and pray.

I live in TN and thought the same when I read the order here. I was like, I feel like an essentials list would be much shorter. I mean if they would have made a non-essentials list it would have been shorter than the essential...

6 minutes ago, TheWatShot said:

(nervous laugh) hahaha, good one, OF, I know what day it is, haha...

Ain't no joke my friend

https://www.hoosiertimes.com/herald_times_online/news/covid19/iu-trustee-election-postponed-one-year-because-of-pandemic/article_2264830c-7425-11ea-bd94-cbab234c539a.html

2 hours ago, rcs29 said:

Brother in-law is an officer for Ft. Wayne PD and he spoke to a doctor at Lutheran Hospital in Ft. Wayne that said they believe the virus has been going around since mid November. Stated that they had at least 200-300 patients in December that given what they know now would have suggested they had Covid-19.

Sent from my Pixel 3a XL using Tapatalk

Yep.  I bet that's happening everywhere.  Something smells funny all over the place.

1 hour ago, Class of '66 Old Fart said:

I have no statement on this matter that wouldn't violate several forum guidelines.

24 minutes ago, Old Friend said:

I'm telling you...I'm buying it.  My middle son had it.  Negative for the flu.  If he had it, I likely did.  No symptoms?    Whole thing is odd

Your beliefs are not evidence of it happening. 

16 minutes ago, Old Friend said:

The US isn't spiking today (well.....yet, anyway) like it did yesterday according to that Johns Hopkins tracker.  And I found this to be a glimmer of positivity.  The negative is very present here, but there's a little hope, too.

https://twitter.com/ABCPolitics/status/1245396273265545216?s=20

Charts didn’t spike because they got made before big reports. Will see it reflected on today’s charts. 

1 hour ago, Brass Cannon said:

Your beliefs are not evidence of it happening. 

You can't pass up a chance to be a jerk, can you?   You posted the article which asked the same questions I asked.  I merely agreed with their hypothesis and you come back.....with this.   Why?  Help me understand why this was necessary when you yourself posted the article?   Drop your personal bullsh*t for just a while, okay?   

1 hour ago, Old Friend said:

The US isn't spiking today (well.....yet, anyway) like it did yesterday according to that Johns Hopkins tracker.  And I found this to be a glimmer of positivity.  The negative is very present here, but there's a little hope, too.

https://twitter.com/ABCPolitics/status/1245396273265545216?s=20

I'm on the daily tracker.....I'm not seeing where this is any listing for today on their daily tracker.  The lower right hand corner has the last date tracked as March 30th.

https://coronavirus.jhu.edu/map.html

Anyway, if you follow worldometer, they track the numbers flowing in from the states.  From March 30 to March 31, the number of cases went up by 22,000.  The number of cases from March 31 to April 1 went up by 30,000 (this assumes that every state has posted their numbers today....if not, it could be more).

https://coronavirus.jhu.edu/map.html

3 minutes ago, Old Friend said:

You can't pass up a chance to be a jerk, can you?   You posted the article which asked the same questions I asked.  I merely agreed with their hypothesis and you come back.....with this.   Why?  Help me understand why this was necessary when you yourself posted the article?   Drop your personal bullsh*t for just a while, okay?   

Yeah, I'm not sure what brass' reply was about there.  It seemed like you were just adding a personal anecdote, nothing more, and not even selling that it was proof.  Brass has been on top of things in terms of Covid news, just not sure what that reply was about.