Thanks for visiting BtownBanners.com!  We noticed you have AdBlock enabled.  While ads can be annoying, we utilize them to provide these forums free of charge to you!  Please consider removing your AdBlock for BtownBanners or consider signing up to donate and help BtownBanners stay alive!  Thank you!

Class of '66 Old Fart

Coronavirus and Its Impact

As a kid my family had 24 acres in Beechwood. By Little Blue River and it’s still my favorite place in the world. Seriously! That’s why I got jacked up. Sorry! I love that place. Like I live in Florida but my favorite place is the Overlook restaurant ! I love Crawford County!

Sent from my iPad using BtownBanners

Been to The Overlook many times. Great place. I spent a lot of time in Old Leavenworth down on the River. The Dock restaurant was owned by my Brothers-in-law’s family. Good times.

I’m 61 yrs old. I was running around Crawford County 50 + yrs ago ever heard of the Mattie Whitman hole on Turkey Fork?

Sent from my iPad using BtownBanners mobile app

I love walking down the streets of new Albany. Know it well Aloha will tell you his father knew my father very well I knew Aloha’s dad when I was a kid! True! Good guy! Really good guy!

I’m 61 yrs old. I was running around Crawford County 50 + yrs ago ever heard of the Mattie Whitman hole on Turkey Fork?

I’m not familiar with it but I wouldn’t mind finding it. Good fishing holes are usually top secret around here.

It’s times like this I wish I had an A-Frame in Crawford County to hang at!

Don’t worry it will be there soon. I live in Harrison County. In 3 days we’ve went from 2 confirmed to 9, as of yesterday afternoon, and it seems no one is interested in staying home. My wife went to Corydon yesterday, we need milk, bread, diapers, and such. Walmart, Jay C, Dollar Stores, and gas stations were all packed, usual traffic on the roads, and every fast food place had the drive thru’s packed. A lot of Crawford resident shop in Corydon.

County health department released the places that the confirmed have been the last 2 weeks and they’ve been everywhere.

Sent from my iPhone using BtownBanners mobile app

So it turns out Italy also has had extraordinary death rates from the regular flu.  
https://www.sciencedirect.com/science/article/pii/S1201971219303285

Yeah I read that earlier in the week. They are really getting hit hard with the Coronavirus and it seems they might just be more susceptible due to age, close nit lifestyle

I’m not familiar with it but I wouldn’t mind finding it. Good fishing holes are usually top secret around here.

The road that runs along the river I think it’s 64 to beechwood etc. turkey fork crosses under that road at the bottom of a big hill about 2 miles before you get to Beechwood. Park at the bottom of that hill and walk left on Turkey fork. It’s not really far and I don’t think you could miss it. It’s pretty deep there, maybe 15’.

I love walking down the streets of new Albany. Know it well Aloha will tell you his father knew my father very well I knew Aloha’s dad when I was a kid! True! Good guy! Really good guy!

I don’t know what happened to Joe’s kid though! Lol.

24 minutes ago, 8bucks said:

Yeah I read that earlier in the week. They are really getting hit hard with the Coronavirus and it seems they might just be more susceptible due to age, close nit lifestyle

Yeah, the more we learn, the more it looks like Italy was in a unique position to be especially susceptible to a bad respiratory virus. That's not to say this isn't serious, but the Italy doomsday situation seems increasingly unlikely to happen here. 

When this finally subsides, I would be interested to see if the medical profession finds there was any particular correlation between the number of people infected and subsequent deaths to heavy lifelong smokers and to those in the military who served overseas especially in Vietnam.  I'm not on a soapbox regarding smoking vs. non-smoking but my dad was a 2-3 pack/day smoker and had all kinds of respiratory problems in his last years.  Covid-19 is seemingly targeting us old folks and respiratory problems are one of its main effects and I'm just curious if any such correlation is found.

5 minutes ago, Hoosierfan2017 said:

Yeah, the more we learn, the more it looks like Italy was in a unique position to be especially susceptible to a bad respiratory virus. That's not to say this isn't serious, but the Italy doomsday situation seems increasingly unlikely to happen here. 

400 people died yesterday which is right on course with following Italy’s progression. This was an 8x increase from previous Friday’s death total. 

But yeah why let facts get in the way 

Just now, Class of '66 Old Fart said:

When this finally subsides, I would be interested to see if the medical profession finds there was any particular correlation between the number of people infected and subsequent deaths to heavy lifelong smokers and to those in the military who served overseas especially in Vietnam.  I'm not on a soapbox regarding smoking vs. non-smoking but my dad was a 2-3 pack/day smoker and had all kinds of respiratory problems in his last years.  Covid-19 is seemingly targeting us old folks and respiratory problems are one of its main effects and I'm just curious if any such correlation is found.

They obviously don’t have any peer reviewed studies but doctors are pretty certain that those things great affect the mortality rate.