Thanks for visiting BtownBanners.com!  We noticed you have AdBlock enabled.  While ads can be annoying, we utilize them to provide these forums free of charge to you!  Please consider removing your AdBlock for BtownBanners or consider signing up to donate and help BtownBanners stay alive!  Thank you!

Class of '66 Old Fart

Coronavirus and Its Impact

That’s not what the task force doctors say.  

Okeedokee? If you can measure a virus it is contagious. I don’t know if you are confusing incubation with latency. But I don’t know any doctor that would dispute that. That is literally the whole study.

Sent from my iPhone using BtownBanners mobile app

10 minutes ago, Class of '66 Old Fart said:

Japan’s NHK reports Japanese Prime Minister Shinzo Abe and IOC President Thomas Bach have agreed to postpone the Tokyo Olympics until no later than the summer of 2021.

This would be the first postponement, rather than cancellation, in Olympic Games history.

Yes, as announced by IOC member, Dick Pound.

https://www.syracuse.com/sports/2020/03/tokyo-olympics-postponed-likely-to-2021-ioc-member-dick-pound-says.html

The pct. in the US is slowing down.  3/17-3/20 -- cases where increasing at avg 43% rate.  3/21-3/23,  we have dropped to avg. 31%.  And that is with the increased testing the past week.   Italy is also turning the corner.  103,000+ have recovered.   

13 minutes ago, Golfman25 said:

The pct. in the US is slowing down.  3/17-3/20 -- cases where increasing at avg 43% rate.  3/21-3/23,  we have dropped to avg. 31%.  And that is with the increased testing the past week.   Italy is also turning the corner.  103,000+ have recovered.   

Testing behavior has changed though. Hardest hit area New York is not testing unless it would change treatment. 

The percentage of the US population that has tested positive for the virus 0.000138972%. That's with giving 3,00 more cases than the CDC had posted as of yesterday, so 46,000 and US population of 331,000,000. Death per population as a percentage is .0000015%. Just decided to look into this so figured I'd share what I got. No intent beyond that.

Sent from my Pixel 3a XL using Tapatalk

The percentage of the US population that has tested positive for the virus 0.000138972%. That's with giving 3,00 more cases than the CDC had posted as of yesterday, so 46,000 and US population of 331,000,000. Death per population as a percentage is .0000015%. Just decided to look into this so figured I'd share what I got. No intent beyond that.

It would be very interesting to see this number the day they run out of ventilators and then for a time period after. That’s the number I think they would be scared of.

Sent from my iPhone using BtownBanners mobile app

17 minutes ago, rcs29 said:

For reference so far this season in the US Influenza a and b has 36 million positive tests for .11%. 22,000 deaths for .0006%

22,000 in what 6 months versus something that could be 22000 in a few weeks if we follow the path of Italy. 

22,000 in what 6 months versus something that could be 22000 in a few weeks if we follow the path of Italy. 
The reason I said no other intent was in hopes to avoid your comment but since you have a comment on every post here I guess that was silly to think that was possible.

9 minutes ago, rcs29 said:

The reason I said no other intent was in hopes to avoid your comment but since you have a comment on every post here I guess that was silly to think that was possible.

So you posted something pointless and unnecessary at best and dangerous at worst then asked to not be called out for it. Shame that didn’t work out for you 

2 minutes ago, Brass Cannon said:

So you posted something pointless and unnecessary at best at dangerous at worst then asked to not be called out for it. Shame that didn’t work out for you 

YOU ARE NOT AN EXPERT ON ANY OF THIS PLEASE STOP!!!!! 

There are differing opinions on this matter, you have no business to "call out" anyone. Disagree with them fine, but let others decide what is pointless and unnecessary or at best dangerous. 

2 minutes ago, IUc2016 said:

YOU ARE NOT AN EXPERT ON ANY OF THIS PLEASE STOP!!!!! 

There are differing opinions on this matter, you have no business to "call out" anyone. Disagree with them fine, but let others decide what is pointless and unnecessary or at best dangerous. 

There are no experts that think this should be compared to the flu. Stop telling me I’m not an expert I know that. Start telling yourself and the others disagreeing with the experts 

1 minute ago, Brass Cannon said:

There are no experts that think this should be compared to the flu. Stop telling me I’m not an expert I know that. Start telling yourself and the others disagreeing with the experts 

you have no idea what my opinion is on this matter. so again, stop. You need to stop with the snide remarks and comments to anyone who posts their opinions on this matter that may differ from yours. It is soooo irritating and annoying. 

41 minutes ago, Brass Cannon said:

Unlike Italy, we didn't sell out all of our Northern factories to China and have daily non-stop flights from Italy to guess where...Wuhan China...Italy basically was importing the virus daily.  Not that I don't think we shouldn't take this seriously....but this information is important when it comes to Italy.

So what happens when the curve in the U.S. flattens and then begins to decline?   Just using Indiana as an example, how does the Governor pushback the public's clamor to re-open schools, bars and restaurants, allow groups to again congregate, etc., when the threat has diminished but is certainly far from over?

11 minutes ago, Class of '66 Old Fart said:

So what happens when the curve in the U.S. flattens and then begins to decline?   Just using Indiana as an example, how does the Governor pushback the public's clamor to re-open schools, bars and restaurants, allow groups to again congregate, etc., when the threat has diminished but is certainly far from over?

The virus isn't the problem.  And the sooner we get used to that, the better we'll be.  Old people and immune suppressed people are at incredible risk.  So guess, what -- they need to take precautions that others don't.  Basically isolate themselves until the systems are in place to take care of them.   Get the testing and treatments out there.   Ramp up hospital capacity.   And in 12-18 months the vaccine.  

19 minutes ago, Golfman25 said:

The virus isn't the problem.  And the sooner we get used to that, the better we'll be.  Old people and immune suppressed people are at incredible risk.  So guess, what -- they need to take precautions that others don't.  Basically isolate themselves until the systems are in place to take care of them.   Get the testing and treatments out there.   Ramp up hospital capacity.   And in 12-18 months the vaccine.  

I guess because I'm old I'm missing something in your comment.  I need to take precautions and isolate myself but the virus isn't the problem????????????????????   And you really expect us old fogies to isolate ourselves for 12-18 months?  Are you sure you're feeling well?