Thanks for visiting BtownBanners.com!  We noticed you have AdBlock enabled.  While ads can be annoying, we utilize them to provide these forums free of charge to you!  Please consider removing your AdBlock for BtownBanners or consider signing up to donate and help BtownBanners stay alive!  Thank you!

MoyeNeeded

A Transfer Coming?

14 minutes ago, ray said:

Al logged 202 more minutes than Green (846-644) and turned the ball over 8 more times than Green (60-52).

Hmmmm...

Turnovers per game were about even, 1.8 (Green) to 1.9 (Durham).  Green is worse for his career, 1.8 to 1.3.

We didn't have a good option for secondary ball handler.

What is YOUR perceived attitude problem with Durham? I've seen nothing but a guy that has been called upon to do what he has been asked at the best of his ability far be it if his talent isn't necessarily what we would have wanted in our program. Attitude and ability are totally different. If you think that Durham has attitude problems...Sir you are blind, and I question your ability to comprehend what happens on a basketball court! By the way, this isn't solely based on your judgment of Durham alone, but alot of your other observations that you have posted over the several months prior.

Chris007 talked about two guys who consistently acted out during practices that disrupted things. It wasn’t Green and it wasn’t Davis. It was Smith and Durham and both are good friends.

Sent from my iPhone using BtownBanners mobile app

19 minutes ago, Loaded Chicken Sandwich said:

Or we have Nolley and Durham. Durham needs an attitude adjustment or he can walk out the door along with Smith. He’s replaceable considering how average he is. Nolley played his first year of college basketball last season compared to Durhams 3rd. Clearly Nolley has the higher ceiling and having guys around him, like Lander and TJD, could really help him because he wouldn’t be relied on like he was at VT. People greatly overrate Durham even though he should be coming off the bench next season. But he would fall under Old Friends umbrella of guys who need to leave to make us better.

I thought you wanted to see Durham leave?

How do you know Al needs an attitude adjustment?  How do you know Nolley doesn't need one?

Nolley played his first year, but he was in the program for two.

Durham should be better playing with Lander too, and Al wouldn't be relied on like he was at IU last season.  Anyone can improve with the addition of a talented point guard playing beside them.

Outside of rebounding and points, Nolley (who you claim has the higher ceiling...which I won't argue because I can't possibly know either of their ceilings) wasn't any better statistically than Durham (who you say is average at best and shouldn't start on any team).  He was actually worse in most categories.  And considering Durham took 211 field goal attempts to average 9.8 ppg and Nolley took 462 field goal attempts to average 15.5 ppg, it's safe to say Nolley isn't much better than average either based on your comparisons and standards (and based on statistics, which is the only true measure at this point).  Yet, you said you would definitely take Nolley for one year whereas Durham is somewhere hiding in an umbrella owned by Old Friend.

I don't want to argue about who is better, who will fit within the team better, or who has peaked and who hasn't yet reached some sort of ceiling, but you make it too difficult not to.  You've made it readily apparent you wish Al Durham wasn't at Indiana, and your opinions are based solely off of your other opinions, so there's no point in continuing to argue.

So, this will be my last response to you over any of this. 

I do have a final question for you though.

Do you have any children?  If so, then I truly hope you haven't tagged any of them as average and given them no hope for improvement.

I thought you wanted to see Durham leave?
How do you know Al needs an attitude adjustment?  How do you know Nolley doesn't need one?
Nolley played his first year, but he was in the program for two.
Durham should be better playing with Lander too, and Al wouldn't be relied on like he was at IU last season.  Anyone can improve with the addition of a talented point guard playing beside them.
Outside of rebounding and points, Nolley (who you claim has the higher ceiling...which I won't argue because I can't possibly know either of their ceilings) wasn't any better statistically than Durham (who you say is average at best and shouldn't start on any team).  He was actually worse in most categories.  And considering Durham took 211 field goal attempts to average 9.8 ppg and Nolley took 462 field goal attempts to average 15.5 ppg, it's safe to say Nolley isn't much better than average either based on your comparisons and standards (and based on statistics, which is the only true measure at this point).  Yet, you said you would definitely take Nolley for one year whereas Durham is somewhere hiding in an umbrella owned by Old Friend.
I don't want to argue about who is better, who will fit within the team better, or who has peaked and who hasn't yet reached some sort of ceiling, but you make it too difficult not to.  You've made it readily apparent you wish Al Durham wasn't at Indiana, and your opinions are based solely off of your other opinions, so there's no point in continuing to argue.
So, this will be my last response to you over any of this. 
I do have a final question for you though.
Do you have any children?  If so, then I truly hope you haven't tagged any of them as average and given them no hope for improvement.

I don’t want Durham to leave. He just needs to learn his place. That’s a backup. We have two guys coming in who are better than him. He needs to be a spot up shooter that shoots 6 3’s a game off the bench. He needs to a 6th man of the year candidate.
And I do have a child(close to children). He’s 1.5. Not 21.

What is YOUR perceived attitude problem with Durham? I've seen nothing but a guy that has been called upon to do what he has been asked at the best of his ability far be it if his talent isn't necessarily what we would have wanted in our program. Attitude and ability are totally different. If you think that Durham has attitude problems...Sir you are blind, and I question your ability to comprehend what happens on a basketball court! By the way, this isn't solely based on your judgment of Durham alone, but alot of your other observations that you have posted over the several months prior.

I was thinking the same thing

Sent from my SM-G960U using Tapatalk

I don’t want Durham to leave. He just needs to learn his place. That’s a backup. We have two guys coming in who are better than him. He needs to be a spot up shooter that shoots 6 3’s a game off the bench. He needs to a 6th man of the year candidate.

And I do have a child(close to children). He’s 1.5. Not 21.

We have 2 people coming in that are better than him right now? You don’t truly believe that do you? If so, you are wrong. Very, very wrong.

Lander at best at 17 has more upside, but a 21 year old Durham at this point is better than him. I honestly have no clue who you think is better than Durham right now other than Lander, but come on. You truly have no clue what it means for a player to be in a program for 4 years and what advantages that holds.

We have 2 people coming in that are better than him right now? You don’t truly believe that do you? If so, you are wrong. Very, very wrong.

Lander at best at 17 has more upside, but a 21 year old Durham at this point is better than him. I honestly have no clue who you think is better than Durham right now other than Lander, but come on. You truly have no clue what it means for a player to be in a program for 4 years and what advantages that holds.

Yes, I believe Landwr and Leal are already better. You should be happy about that. It means we are finally getting more talent.

Obviously, the coach will decide whether Lander and Leal deserve to start over Durham. Lander is a point guard and there is only one other point guard on the team. So presumably Phinisee and Lander will share point guard duties, though there may be occasions when both are on the floor. Durham, Franklin and Leal will fight it out for the other guard spot. Any one of those three could end up starting although all three are likely to see playing time. I think it is premature to conclude that Leal is already better than Durham or Franklin.

Obviously, the coach will decide whether Lander and Leal deserve to start over Durham. Lander is a point guard and there is only one other point guard on the team. So presumably Phinisee and Lander will share point guard duties, though there may be occasions when both are on the floor. Durham, Franklin and Leal will fight it out for the other guard spot. Any one of those three could end up starting although all three are likely to see playing time. I think it is premature to conclude that Leal is already better than Durham or Franklin.

Might be premature. But I’m going out on a limb and saying we will be happy with Leal and more frustrated by Durham and be ready for the change.

37 minutes ago, Loaded Chicken Sandwich said:

Correct. And by close, I mean she is due Sunday.

Woah. Congrats. And I hope the current situation the world is in does not complicate this experience for you guys. I have 2 myself. Get ready to start posting on here a whole lot less :-). 

Woah. Congrats. And I hope the current situation the world is in does not complicate this experience for you guys. I have 2 myself. Get ready to start posting on here a whole lot less :-). 

As of now Bloomington Hospital has only put restrictions on visitors. But I’m still allowed in the delivery room as of now. It definitely makes it more stressful because there are cases of in Bloomington. Paoli has a really good baby unit and it’s just across town for us, but we just really like Bloomington and that where our son was born. And the posting will probably slow. So you all’s are welcome lol.

13 minutes ago, Loaded Chicken Sandwich said:

As of now Bloomington Hospital has only put restrictions on visitors. But I’m still allowed in the delivery room as of now. It definitely makes it more stressful because there are cases of in Bloomington. Paoli has a really good baby unit and it’s just across town for us, but we just really like Bloomington and that where our son was born. And the posting will probably slow. So you all’s are welcome lol.

Here’s to a happy, healthy new baby and family!

Congrats in advance, and all my best.

1 hour ago, Loaded Chicken Sandwich said:

Yes, I believe Landwr and Leal are already better. You should be happy about that. It means we are finally getting more talent.

Wait no. Leal is not better than Durham, right now.. not all that close, honestly. 

25 minutes ago, Loaded Chicken Sandwich said:

Same boat, same hospital later this summer. Who knows what things will be like then. Good luck and good health to you, the old lady, and Chicken Little #2. 

Same boat, same hospital later this summer. Who knows what things will be like then. Good luck and good health to you, the old lady, and Chicken Little #2. 

Hopefully Bloomington is able to keep things open. I know some places a little further south of here wouldn’t even allow fathers in the delivery rooms. I’m really hoping for you guys this is much calmer for you when the time comes. It’s crazy enough with a new born as is.