Thanks for visiting BtownBanners.com!  We noticed you have AdBlock enabled.  While ads can be annoying, we utilize them to provide these forums free of charge to you!  Please consider removing your AdBlock for BtownBanners or consider signing up to donate and help BtownBanners stay alive!  Thank you!

MoyeNeeded

A Transfer Coming?

3 hours ago, Loaded Chicken Sandwich said:

Best guard? None of them? Our guards were our biggest problem. They just aren’t good enough. They were all backup quality guys. Archie finally recruited some dudes who are starters in the Big Ten.

Sent from my iPhone using BtownBanners mobile app

Starters? You are joking right? Based on your knowledge of how well they will adjust to playing in the Big10 against bigger stronger guys.

Not any different yet improved statistically in every stat.
Simple question:  who was our best guard last season?

If I have to pick 1, I’m gonna have to go with Durham. Anyone disagree? If so, why?

Having to pick Al really helps put this passed season in perspective a lil huh?

They both helped and hurt. Neither were good. But I’d say the difference is the ability to not turn it over. That’s the biggest difference between the two.

Can we count Green’s “why the **** would you shoot that” shots into the turnover category? Green might have set the individual assists for a season if we counted those for the opponent.

Can we count Green’s “why the **** would you shoot that” shots into the turnover category? Green might have set the individual assists for a season if we counted those for the opponent.

So then we’d count Durhams assists for the times he got picked or had crappy passes?

Our guards just were flat out bad this season. Plain and simple. Just not good enough. But sometimes I second guess myself and wonder whose fault it is, the player or the coach? Really not sure anymore.

12 minutes ago, Loaded Chicken Sandwich said:

Landers Nolley II: 15.5 ppg, 5.8 rpg, 2.4 apg, 31.6% 3PT on 6.7 attempts per game, 78% FT. Had a usage rate at VT of 33.9%. TO% of 14.5%.

Sent from my iPhone using BtownBanners

Decent rebounder but he was a volume shooter with an eFG of 44.4%.  The same site you are pulling those numbers of off will tell you the his offensive win share was 0.3.  That's lower than Al (1.7), Devonte (0.8), and Rob (0.5).

4 hours ago, Loaded Chicken Sandwich said:

Franklin was a freshman. Galloway move ahead of him? No. I don’t see him playing a ton. Leal though is good. He’s going to immediately compete for minutes.

Cool, Leal will compete for minutes.  Al's been doing more than just competing for minutes for three straight years.

And you started the gem with "Franklin was a freshman" and then totally dis missed that Leal will be one next year.

Decent rebounder but he was a volume shooter with an eFG of 44.4%.  The same site you are pulling those numbers of off will tell you the his offensive win share was 0.3.  That's lower than Al (1.7), Devonte (0.8), and Rob (0.5).

He was a volume shooter, but clearly a dude who can go make something happen and isn’t scared to shoot. He’d start at Indiana. At the 2 or 3 depending on what Hunter and Smith do.

That’s your opinion. But how much does it matter of who was better than who when neither were good?

Isn't everything you said in this discussion and other discussions your opinion? You do know you aren't the only one who knows basketball in these discussions you have with others, yet you continually dismiss any one who has a different opinion.  

Sent from my SM-G960U using Tapatalk

33 minutes ago, Loaded Chicken Sandwich said:

He was a volume shooter, but clearly a dude who can go make something happen and isn’t scared to shoot. He’d start at Indiana. At the 2 or 3 depending on what Hunter and Smith do.

Cool, a guy who can make something happen and isn't scared to shoot.  So let's look at those shooting numbers:

Per 40 minutes:

Nolley:  shots per 40 minutes:  19.1 shots per game, 37% overall, 44% eFG,  4.5 out of 10.5 from 2 (42%), 2.8 out of 8.9 from 3 (32%), 3.2 assists, 3.6 turnovers.

Green:  shots per 40 minutes:  17.6 shots per game, 37% overall, 47% eFG, 2.7 out of 7.3 from 2 (38%), 3.7 out of 10.3 (36%), 3.9 assists, 3.2 turnovers.

Not exactly the stats I want to see.  And what's even scarier is how tremendously bad he was shooting against the real competition once conference play started.....34 of 134 from three (24.6%).

Anybody can be a shooter.  I want a maker.

50 minutes ago, Loaded Chicken Sandwich said:

That’s your opinion. But how much does it matter of who was better than who when neither were good?

Because you made the claim that Durham would be our fourth or fifth guard next year and then refuse to face the reality that he was our best guard last year.....and if your opinion that Green was our best guard, that is even more reason that Durham wouldn't see minutes drop because our 'best guard' is gone.

You do understand that not putting five guys on the the court isn't an option, right?  This ain't Hickory.  

2 hours ago, MoyeNeeded said:

Starters? You are joking right? Based on your knowledge of how well they will adjust to playing in the Big10 against bigger stronger guys.

Have to remember that you are talking to a guy who said we are really going to miss Clifton Moore.