Thanks for visiting BtownBanners.com!  We noticed you have AdBlock enabled.  While ads can be annoying, we utilize them to provide these forums free of charge to you!  Please consider removing your AdBlock for BtownBanners or consider signing up to donate and help BtownBanners stay alive!  Thank you!

IUc2016

Early BIG Projections (2020-21)

There is a reason why some players like OG Anunoby do not go through the process. Anunoby like Trayce Jackson Davis had already decided to return to college for another year and knew he would have another chance in just one year to go through this process. In Anunoby's case he became a lottery pick without having to get advice from NBA types. He understood he was better off spending the time working on his basketball skills than chasing down NBA scouts and executives for advice. 

There is a reason why some players like OG Anunoby do not go through the process. Anunoby like Trayce Jackson Davis had already decided to return to college for another year and knew he would have another chance in just one year to go through this process. In Anunoby's case he became a lottery pick without having to get advice from NBA types. He understood he was better off spending the time working on his basketball skills than chasing down NBA scouts and executives for advice. 

To be fair when you start 0 games as a freshman, average about 13 minutes per game you don’t get invited to much. Then when you blow up early your sophomore year and have the physical traits he has that tends to happen. Wee bit different scenario. OG would have never got invited for workouts. TJD will. Apples/Oranges on another level.

Sent from my iPhone using BtownBanners mobile app

1 hour ago, Honkyman said:

OG was not a lottery pick nor was he projected as a 1st rounder after his freshman season. 

Some of you have short memories. OG was projected as a 1st rounder after his spectacular play in the NCAA tournament. He had to fend off questions about whether he was going to the NBA. In fact, OG's high pick was based as much on his tournament play during his freshman year than anything in his sophomore year when first he was sick and then injured.

OG was not a lottery pick nor was he projected as a 1st rounder after his freshman season. 

He was on radars though. Why he got hyped like did going into his Sophomore season. People saw a guy could be an excellent 3-and-D guy in the NBA. One that could guard just about any position. Could play the 3 and 4. TJD can be seen as a guy that can play the 5 and that could play the 4 if he can at least get a 15-18 foot jumpshot. He’s a role player in the league as a rebounder and rim protector. But you have to be able to hit a shot outside of 5 feet unless you can jump out of the gym.

Some of you have short memories. OG was projected as a 1st rounder after his spectacular play in the NCAA tournament. He had to fend off questions about whether he was going to the NBA. In fact, OG's high pick was based as much on his tournament play during his freshman year than anything in his sophomore year when first he was sick and then injured.

He was not projected as a first rounder after the tournament. If he was he would have been gone. He was projected at number 11 by NBA Draft Express FOR 2017 in 2016. That wasn’t the norm. But hey comparing his situation to TJD’s makes a lot of sense. Oh and here is his “That’s a wrap” after his freshman year. Start talking is different than he is a first rounder. TJD is actually legitimately firmly on radars after his freshman year. OG intrigued people with his length. There are draft boards before Clifton Moore was here that had him on there years out. So his future NBA status was conditional on his games where he had 14, 7, then 2 points his freshman year? Had nothing to do with earlier in the year when we had players out in conference and he tore it up? Guess my memory is failing me.

https://www.insidethehall.com/2016/03/28/thats-a-wrap-og-anunoby/

2 hours ago, Honkyman said:

OG was picked 23rd lol. Show us a source that had him “projected as a 1st rounder” after his freshman season. 

Short memories?

What B1G teams are likely to be better next season? Rutgers & Wisconsin return a lot. Iowa and IU should be better..... on the down side Sexual Assault St loses their best two players (Winston & Tillman) Maryland loses a lot as does Penn St. Michigan might lose their top 3 players. I'm not sold on Purdue either. O$U is hard to read. Ayo likely gone for the Illini. He wasn't their only guy.....but how many games do they lose without him this past season? I know of one  for sure (spits).  

Also participating: N'Western, Nebraska & Minnesota.

Doesn't appear to be an "elite" team in that bunch. Not many gimmes for sure, but not quite as daunting as the past couple seasons, I hope. 

What B1G teams are likely to be better next season? Rutgers & Wisconsin return a lot. Iowa and IU should be better..... on the down side Sexual Assault St loses their best two players (Winston & Tillman) Maryland loses a lot as does Penn St. Michigan might lose their top 3 players. I'm not sold on Purdue either. O$U is hard to read. Ayo likely gone for the Illini. He wasn't their only guy.....but how many games do they lose without him this past season? I know of one  for sure (spits).  
Also participating: N'Western, Nebraska & Minnesota.
Doesn't appear to be an "elite" team in that bunch. Not many gimmes for sure, but not quite as daunting as the past couple seasons, I hope. 

Michigan State will be just fine. Maybe better actually. And Tillman could still return. Along with the possibility of Langford being healthy. Iowa getting better just depends on their defense. Ours depends on our offense. Rutgers depends on if they can play with a target on their back.

9 hours ago, HoosierFan1994 said:

Me too. This drops OSU quite a bit for me. They will be solid but not a major player in the Big Ten race. 

Yeah it will be interesting to see where they go for a true front court player. I mean liddell is talented, but Indiana fans know a 6'6 center isn't the best way to go. I do like their backcourt talent and experience though which I think will keep them in the top half of the BIG. 

Yeah it will be interesting to see where they go for a true front court player. I mean liddell is talented, but Indiana fans know a 6'6 center isn't the best way to go. I do like their backcourt talent and experience though which I think will keep them in the top half of the BIG. 

They do have Ibrahima Diallo that will be a Sophomore. If he makes any sort of jumps. They really only need someone to fill minutes at the 5. They also have 6-9 Alonzo Gaffney if they want to play small ball. He was a Top 50 recruit. Diallo was #369. A Crean recruit only trans not named Indiana would somehow make work.

They do have Ibrahima Diallo that will be a Sophomore. If he makes any sort of jumps. They really only need someone to fill minutes at the 5. They also have 6-9 Alonzo Gaffney if they want to play small ball. He was a Top 50 recruit. Diallo was #369. A Crean recruit only trans not named Indiana would somehow make work.

Gaffney left the program