Thanks for visiting BtownBanners.com!  We noticed you have AdBlock enabled.  While ads can be annoying, we utilize them to provide these forums free of charge to you!  Please consider removing your AdBlock for BtownBanners or consider signing up to donate and help BtownBanners stay alive!  Thank you!

IUc2016

2020-21 IUMBB Season Predictions and Discussion

10 minutes ago, IUc2016 said:

I think for this next season, the biggest barometer will be where this team finishes in conference. It should be another tough year with plenty of conference teams getting into the tournament. I don't expect IU to compete to win it per se, but I do expect them to compete in the top of the second tier of teams. That 4-6 range. Obviously unbalanced schedules play into it, but if IU is in that range this program will have made a significant step forward given how tough the conference is expected to be. 

It is difficult to gauge success based on tournament results. Now over time if you keep seeing early exits that is different. But for one year it is better to look at the entire body of work IMO. 

Completely agree. Again, assuming no major or unexpected changes, next year is about being a real, consistent threat in the conference. Like you said, maybe not competing to win it outright, though who knows if Lander is able to product right off the bat and we're healthy, but most likely being somewhere in that 3-5 range IMO would be a really nice step forward. 

https://www.espn.com/mens-college-basketball/story/_/id/28936673/villanova-tops-college-basketball-way-too-early-top-25-2020-21
IU listed as the 5th team next in line. In other words, the 30th team. I think that is a little low for this team, but still a sure fire NCAA team projection. 

It’s a good place to start out for a team that hasn’t been in the Top 25 since the week of January 14th, 2019. I think I’ve posted on here before how we’ve really struggled to get back to getting into the AP Top 25 over the course of Archie’s tenure and the end of Creans last season.

Sent from my iPhone using BtownBanners mobile app

1 minute ago, Loaded Chicken Sandwich said:

It’s a good place to start out for a team that hasn’t been in the Top 25 since the week of January 14th, 2019. I think I’ve posted on here before how we’ve really struggled to get back to getting into the AP Top 25 over the course of Archie’s tenure and the end of Creans last season.

Yeah it would be nice to see this team earn a top 25 ranking. Especially this upcoming year with Maui and another brutal year in the BIG. If they crack the top 25 it will certainly be earned. 

Yeah it would be nice to see this team earn a top 25 ranking. Especially this upcoming year with Maui and another brutal year in the BIG. If they crack the top 25 it will certainly be earned. 

If we can’t make it into the Top 25 for yet another year, Archie’s seat will be on fire.