Thanks for visiting BtownBanners.com!  We noticed you have AdBlock enabled.  While ads can be annoying, we utilize them to provide these forums free of charge to you!  Please consider removing your AdBlock for BtownBanners or consider signing up to donate and help BtownBanners stay alive!  Thank you!

Stuhoo

IUBB vs Nebraska Game Thread 3/11 @ 8:30 pm BTN

3 hours ago, Loaded Chicken Sandwich said:

Vonleh did it in 30 games though compared to 32 for TJD. Averaged 9 rebounds to TJDs 8.4. Biggest difference between the two was the fact that Vonleh could shoot.

Sent from my iPhone using BtownBanners mobile app

Biggest difference between the two was their ability to lead a team to win.

It doesn’t change the fact that the two are good. Vonleh was just a better shooter. Possibly a better defender. Definitely a better ball handler, kind of an underrated part of his game that wasn’t really usable on that team. Vonleh was pretty strong too for a kid that was supposed to be a HS Senior. He seems to be forgotten about by IU fans but he was pretty dang good as a freshman. He’s someone I would have loved to see when the team got some shooters. If only he had stayed another year.

It doesn’t change the fact that the two are good. Vonleh was just a better shooter. Possibly a better defender. Definitely a better ball handler, kind of an underrated part of his game that wasn’t really usable on that team. Vonleh was pretty strong too for a kid that was supposed to be a HS Senior. He seems to be forgotten about by IU fans but he was pretty dang good as a freshman. He’s someone I would have loved to see when the team got some shooters. If only he had stayed another year.

The IU fan base never embraced Vonleh like other players--maybe because he never seemed to embrace IU. If he had grown up in Indiana it might have been different. He left after one year because he was a high draft pick but probably would have benefitted from another year of college play.

The IU fan base never embraced Vonleh like other players--maybe because he never seemed to embrace IU. If he had grown up in Indiana it might have been different. He left after one year because he was a high draft pick but probably would have benefitted from another year of college play.

True but he was on a team that struggled, sat out some end of year games then left early. I was excited when he committed as I loved the story about him wanting to skip Disney to practice basketball. I liked his talent here at IU and thought he could have been awesome if he had stayed but the lure and pay of the NBA is too much to ignore.

True but he was on a team that struggled, sat out some end of year games then left early. I was excited when he committed as I loved the story about him wanting to skip Disney to practice basketball. I liked his talent here at IU and thought he could have been awesome if he had stayed but the lure and pay of the NBA is too much to ignore.

He was a lock as a lottery pick. You have to go really. That team wasn’t really embraced but there was also some trouble that came with it if I remember correctly.