Thanks for visiting BtownBanners.com!  We noticed you have AdBlock enabled.  While ads can be annoying, we utilize them to provide these forums free of charge to you!  Please consider removing your AdBlock for BtownBanners or consider signing up to donate and help BtownBanners stay alive!  Thank you!

Stuhoo

IUBB vs Nebraska Game Thread 3/11 @ 8:30 pm BTN

I am really surprised how many people think we beat or destroy Nebraska. Should we win? Yes. Will we win ? Probably. The problem is when you start looking at iu history in this tournament and archie seems to go to extremes when it comes to very embarrassing things happening in a season. Luckily we had the home purdue defeat in front of the general so hopefully that is as bad as it gets but I can totally see iu losing to a depleted bad Nebraska team. It's what we do now

Sent from my SM-G960U using Tapatalk

16 hours ago, coonhounds said:

I am really surprised how many people think we beat or destroy Nebraska. Should we win? Yes. Will we win ? Probably. The problem is when you start looking at iu history in this tournament and archie seems to go to extremes when it comes to very embarrassing things happening in a season. Luckily we had the home purdue defeat in front of the general so hopefully that is as bad as it gets but I can totally see iu losing to a depleted bad Nebraska team. It's what we do now

I am little more comfortable because Mack had 15 and Burke 25 when they almost beat us at home.

Green and Easely combine for a 13-17 shooting night from behind the arc, Banks gets away with bullying Indiana's bigs and puts TJD, Brunk, and Davis in foul trouble early, and Indiana's backcourt shoots 2-21 from three while the entire team shoots 5-19 from the charity stripe.  Indiana wins by 11.

I don't believe this will actually happen........yet, it wouldn't surprise me if one of the guards surprises even himself and becomes unconscious from behind the arc nailing everything that leaves their hands from 20-25 feet and makes more of a game of it than they should.

Indiana by 18-23 points, depending on who plays and for how long.

I’m worried about TJD going forward. He wasn’t himself against Wisconsin. Re:ankle

We shouldn’t need him to be amazing to beat Nebraska but we need him at his best to beat anyone else.

I think unfortunately we will have a banged up TJD the rest of the way.

Sent from my iPhone using BtownBanners

I’m worried about TJD going forward. He wasn’t himself against Wisconsin. Re:ankle

We shouldn’t need him to be amazing to beat Nebraska but we need him at his best to beat anyone else.

I think unfortunately we will have a banged up TJD the rest of the way.

Iu star player banged up at the end of a season? Someone make a list I am sure it is lengthy. Lanford tjd eric Gordon not a main star but Jordan halls not spelled right off the top of my head. Alan Henderson?

12 minutes ago, coonhounds said:

Iu star player banged up at the end of a season? Someone make a list I am sure it is lengthy. Lanford tjd eric Gordon not a main star but Jordan halls not spelled right off the top of my head. Alan Henderson?

Biggest one of all in my mind - Scott May.

9 minutes ago, BlueDevil said:

Pencil IU into the second round. Attended the FSU Game and the Ohio State game at home and they played extremely well in both. Gonna be there tomorrow night.

Better find a way to make it to Thursday as well then

Biggest one of all in my mind - Scott May.
Thanks before my time but yeah probably the biggest. It does seem to be a issue though. Maybe all schools could have a list of star power being injured at the end of season but iu sure has their share

I'm not terribly worried about football players joining the roster (although with our luck, the backup QB will score 30 points against us in a stunning upset), but how is this possible? Can you just add players at this point in the season? If so, can't we go down to the HPER building and find a 3-point shooter from the intramural crowd? LOL! 

After simming the games on PC Stellar with Mack and Burke, I simmed them 12 times without them.  The results:

IU 62, Neb 46

IU 88, Neb 71

Neb 74, IU 71

IU 60, Neb 55

IU 71, Neb 50

IU 90, Neb 56

IU 64, Neb 60

Neb 80, IU 77

IU 83, Neb 59

IU 79, Neb 42

IU 66, Neb 59

IU won 10 of 12 with an average score of 74.5 to 58.7.  With Mack and Burke, IU was +8.3 points per game against Nebraska.  Without them, IU is +15.9 ppg.

Interesting article in IndyStar by Greg Doyle about coach Miller. He was wondering if CAM was rising to the challenge or beginning to melt down. Cited changes in behavior and intensity as his reason for speculation. Said he would be watching Wednesday night.

Interesting article in IndyStar by Greg Doyle about coach Miller. He was wondering if CAM was rising to the challenge or beginning to melt down. Cited changes in behavior and intensity as his reason for speculation. Said he would be watching Wednesday night.

We all will be, wondering the same thing. I verbalized this recently. He’s certainly less restrained lately. Honestly I think the pressure is getting to him, but maybe that’ll be the added vigor we need in the locker room.

Sent from my iPad using BtownBanners mobile app

48 minutes ago, cthomas said:

If we make the NCAA Tournament, the pressure lowers immensely. If we miss the NCAA Tournament, then he is on the hot seat next season with a new AD in town. I think Archie knows this. Which is why we see a more intense, short fused Archie. He doesn’t want to be fighting for his job next year. Which will hurt recruiting. He wins and gets into the NCAA’s this year and all the noise goes away. He can just keep building.