Thanks for visiting BtownBanners.com!  We noticed you have AdBlock enabled.  While ads can be annoying, we utilize them to provide these forums free of charge to you!  Please consider removing your AdBlock for BtownBanners or consider signing up to donate and help BtownBanners stay alive!  Thank you!

Hoosier Guy

Wisconsin at IU Game Thread 03/07 12 PM ESPN

39 minutes ago, coachv jr said:

yes, that's what i am referring to. nice misdirection but you and i know what i am talking about. people would consider this less funny if you let them see what you said and what you deleted. 

For the life of me I can’t find anything of yours I deleted or hid (May be another mod, but not sure).

PM me if you are ticked off;  let’s get it out of the basketball thread.

23 minutes ago, coachv jr said:

what we need in the worst way is a big who can shoot from outside, even a little bit, to pull big defenders out of the lane. miller sees these guys everyday but i wonder if he appreciates that a big guy who only hits 20% from outside pulls a defender and opens up a lot of good things for the offense. doesn't have to be a three. just from 20. race and trayce have good strokes. i'd let them shoot one or two from outside

How about getting anyone to consistently hit outside shots? It would also keep teams from collapsing on our bigs.

13 minutes ago, coachv jr said:

sure, anyone would be an improvement. 40% used to be the benchmark for a decent 3 point shooter but since they moved the line back 35% might be. i think that percentage will slowly move back up over the next few years as players become accustomed to it. but a 4 or 5 who can shoot from outside...that's the ticket. potter, smith at md, opens up driving and passing lanes and limits help defense as you mentioned

Especially with a guy like Lander coming in. A guy who can get in the lane and create! Would also like to see Jerome get his confidence back to take advantage off the dribble! 

57 minutes ago, coachv jr said:

did you see that doug gottlieb called miller a condescending d!ck in response. guess that's that modern way. sounds like he has the right stuff to be a moderator here

Good.  I want a condescending d!ck as a coach.  We had one years ago.  

i thought i heard that once before, earlier in that season. that rules out trice's mommy

I guess the Trice
mother came to the Indiana /Florida St game because the exact same voice was yodeling that night too.

Sent from my iPhone using BtownBanners

Well, I live under 5 miles from the Kohl Center. I go to about 6-7 Badger games per season. Many away games in Illinois, Iowa, and Minnesota for work functions. I have lived here since graduating in 96 and am sad to say, I have now been to more live Badger games than IU games. It’s Trice’s mother. Just believe me. She’s quite famous for it here. Has been interviewed for her famous yodel on local news stations. Listen, the reason you have heard it before is because she does it every single time UW has played in Assembly Hall since her kid joined the team. And it works like a fricken Rolex. I don’t post often, so I make sure I’m right when I do. I’m right as the mail on this.

Sent from my iPhone using BtownBanners mobile app

In addition. I must also point out that this isn’t new for her. D’metrik Trice has an older brother named Travis. Travis played for Michigan St. somewhere around 2015 possibly? And yeah, she’s been laying it on Assembly Hall for about 7 years now. Anyway, she got a ton of press for it back then as well. MSU had several articles on her including one where she was branded the “secret weapon” Shoot, try google. I can’t lay it out any cleaner. Her name is Julie.

Sent from my iPad using BtownBanners

9 hours ago, 8bucks said:

If you have the data how was it the last 7 games? He had three really nice games in a row then ended the season like he ran out of gas.

Sent from my iPhone using BtownBanners mobile app

4/11. His hot streak was MD, at OSU, Purdue he went 7/16 hitting multiple 3's each game.

https://www.sports-reference.com/cbb/players/jerome-hunter-2/gamelog/2020

On 3/10/2020 at 12:41 AM, cappymo14 said:

In addition. I must also point out that this isn’t new for her. D’metrik Trice has an older brother named Travis. Travis played for Michigan St. somewhere around 2015 possibly? And yeah, she’s been laying it on Assembly Hall for about 7 years now. Anyway, she got a ton of press for it back then as well. MSU had several articles on her including one where she was branded the “secret weapon” Shoot, try google. I can’t lay it out any cleaner. Her name is Julie.

Sent from my iPad using BtownBanners

Agree. I was at an AAU tourney in Springfield OH with my daughter somewhere around 2013-14. Travis was there with his mom in full MSU gear. I believe the boys have a younger sister? Anyways mom was doing it back then.