Thanks for visiting BtownBanners.com!  We noticed you have AdBlock enabled.  While ads can be annoying, we utilize them to provide these forums free of charge to you!  Please consider removing your AdBlock for BtownBanners or consider signing up to donate and help BtownBanners stay alive!  Thank you!

Hoosier Guy

Wisconsin at IU Game Thread 03/07 12 PM ESPN

Could they be good? Sure they could.

Will they be good? We project to be a similar team.

TJD returns. He’s good he’ll be better.

Lander is young and small, and may really help or may face the physicality of the B1G and be in for a shock?

I look forward to seeing our other freshman but realistically can’t count on any of them being impact players from jump.

The returning players?

Al Durham- role player. Peaked
Race- not impressed outside of hustle.
Justin Smith- ha. Sure. Is he a basketball player? Will he even return
Brunk-peaked. Limited
Phinisee- he’s ok. Maybe he’ll be better. Maybe not.
Jerome- hope he gets better. Realizes he can do more than jack 3s.
Franklin- ????

It’s hope and prayer my friend.

The optimists will tell you how great we will be.

Bottom line, we won’t start the season top 25 and those guys get paid to evaluate rosters and talent.

Sent from my iPad using BtownBanners mobile app

I’d say if Thompson has a good summer he can make an impact on this team. Watch the move he made in the post in the second half. He simply needs to be a GREAT role player to take the heat off TJD.

Hunter needs to show his post moves a bit more. He could dominate at the 3 if we could afford him space with shooters.

Phin will benefit playing some off the ball if Lander can run point.

We need a grad transfer guard in the worst way.

Sent from my iPhone using BtownBanners mobile app

They are a better team (better coaching leading to better chemistry and motivation), but they are not as talented as IU.  There is a difference between team and talent.

Reuvers, Potter, Trice, Davison and Ford are all better basketball players and have more basketball talent than just about everyone on IU minus TJD.

Just now, cappymo14 said:

I’ve told you guys several times. That is the mother of D’mitrik Trice.

D’mitrik Trice’s mother is an embarrassment to D’mitrik Trice and needs to take a ******* hike. 

If you don’t think 20 wins is good enough, you don’t understand which teams get into a 68 team field and you’re gonna be very pleasantly surprised that IU is in with no worries.

He was referring to next year in that particular post. The rest of his stuff I have no idea what he's talking about

Sent from my Pixel 3a XL using Tapatalk

2 hours ago, cappymo14 said:

I’ve told you guys several times. That is the mother of D’mitrik Trice.

What is the deal with that at Assembly Hall this year?  During the OSU game we had the a$$hole yelling O-H-I-O every time we shot a free throw!

2 minutes ago, Brass Cannon said:

Devonte Green was our only player in double figures. But he didn’t score the final 26 minutes of the game. 

I honestly don’t think there is a word for how terrible that is. 

crazy

Devonte Green was our only player in double figures. But he didn’t score the final 26 minutes of the game. 

I honestly don’t think there is a word for how terrible that is. 

Although I would agree that Green left his killer instinct in the locker room at the half, we would all be in the wrong not to give credit for that statistical anomaly to Wisconsin’s D’metrik Trice. Dude was all over him. Green wore him like some under armour cool gear. We haven’t seen much of it to recognize when it happens....it’s what people call “halftime adjustments”

14 minutes ago, cappymo14 said:

Although I would agree that Green left his killer instinct in the locker room at the half, we would all be in the wrong not to give credit for that statistical anomaly to Wisconsin’s D’metrik Trice. Dude was all over him. Green wore him like some under armour cool gear. We haven’t seen much of it to recognize when it happens....it’s what people call “halftime adjustments”

What’s an adjustment? 

I’d say if Thompson has a good summer he can make an impact on this team. Watch the move he made in the post in the second half. He simply needs to be a GREAT role player to take the heat off TJD.

Hunter needs to show his post moves a bit more. He could dominate at the 3 if we could afford him space with shooters.

Phin will benefit playing some off the ball if Lander can run point.

We need a grad transfer guard in the worst way.

We have 4 guards coming in next to year. We don’t need a grad transfer guard, we need a grad transfer 4 or 5 that can spread the floor and give us 4 legit shooters on the floor with TJD.

We have 4 guards coming in next to year. We don’t need a grad transfer guard, we need a grad transfer 4 or 5 that can spread the floor and give us 4 legit shooters on the floor with TJD.

At this time IU has 2 guards. Geronimo isn’t a guard and Lander isn’t for sure going to be in the 2020 class.