Thanks for visiting BtownBanners.com!  We noticed you have AdBlock enabled.  While ads can be annoying, we utilize them to provide these forums free of charge to you!  Please consider removing your AdBlock for BtownBanners or consider signing up to donate and help BtownBanners stay alive!  Thank you!

Hoosier Guy

Wisconsin at IU Game Thread 03/07 12 PM ESPN

I agree but we have to be better next year. I just don’t see that we have the roster to improve much unless we have addition by subtraction.

If we make it in barely again next year is that enough.

Sent from my iPhone using BtownBanners mobile app
I believe this knocks them out of tournament. At times I can't stand Joe Lunardi but most of the time he spot on when it comes to these things.

Sent from my SM-G973U using BtownBanners mobile app

This team does not deserve to play in the NCAA tournament. And, if they manage to get selected they will undoubtedly lose to an inferior team in the first game. I can't remember seeing a team miss so many 2 foot shots. This was a really pathetic performance in the final 8 minutes.

I realize Franklin hasn't been setting the world on fire lately, but he didn't play one minute today. 

Unless he's hurt, it seems as if he should get at least 5-6 minutes to see if he can contribute anything. If not, then sure, sit him the rest of the way. 

6 minutes ago, Old Friend said:

IU is getting 3 kids who can shoot it.   If they get grad transfers, they need to be bigs.

Demezi  Anderson could shoot too. We need guys who do shoot and have in a college game before. We need guys who have confidence already playing at this level. Two Nick Zeislofts and this team is top 15.  

4 minutes ago, 8bucks said:

I agree but we have to be better next year. I just don’t see that we have the roster to improve much unless we have addition by subtraction.

If we make it in barely again next year is that enough.

IU will be better strictly because of Lander. Next season better be the return of contention on a yearly basis. I’m so ******* tired of waiting to see elite basketball. There’s no excuse that it’s been this long

14 minutes ago, colonel06 said:

At times yes until we come up against average to above average strength. That toughness will also give them a mental edge.

I would really like to see a tough Justin Smith. A guy who can finish.  That Justin Smith does not exist.  Now he is going into his senior season.  Maybe we can get one tough year out of him next year.  I am not counting on it.  He just does not seem all the way invested. He is not a guy who is going to will this team to a championship doing everything he needs to do to be the best he can be.  And Jackson-Davis most likely can be expected to toughen up between freshman and sophomore seasons.   Brunk plays tough, and De'ron, despite his overwhelming injuries can out-tough anybody in the league it seems, but yeah, he can only do that for so long in a game before he is required to sit before his body falls apart into puzzle pieces on the floor.  Race plays with toughness, but he is such a newbie to planned minutes on the floor, he is just beginning to learn the league.

6 minutes ago, chicagoHOOSIER said:

I would really like to see a tough Justin Smith. A guy who can finish.  That Justin Smith does not exist.  Now he is going into his senior season.  Maybe we can get one tough year out of him next year.  I am not counting on it.  He just does not seem all the way invested. He is not a guy who is going to will this team to a championship doing everything he needs to do to be the best he can be.  And Jackson-Davis most likely can be expected to toughen up between freshman and sophomore seasons.   Brunk plays tough, and De'ron, despite his overwhelming injuries can out-tough anybody in the league it seems, but yeah, he can only do that for so long in a game before he is required to sit before his body falls apart into puzzle pieces on the floor.  Race plays with toughness, but he is such a newbie to planned minutes on the floor, he is just beginning to learn the league.

Tough and Justin Smith never belong in the same sentence lol. Guy is so soft going to the rim

14 minutes ago, CandyStripers said:

When you compare the talent IU has to Wisconsin and Purdue it's not even close and you go 0-4 against them. Ultimately comes down to coaching

Sent from my SM-G973U using BtownBanners mobile app

It's a lot closer than some of our fans want to believe. The biggest difference is we suck at fundamentals and doing the little things it takes to win. 

Not sure what happened to the player development thread as I would have posted this there.

Remember mid BT season when Race and Hunter were coming on and we were looking forward to the finish? Race has kept it up but Hunter has gone backwards since then. He has only scored more than 3 points once in our last 7 games.

When Smith’s effort drops off it would have helped had Hunter been able to maintain those 3 games he had in row back in early Feb.

Sent from my iPhone using BtownBanners