Thanks for visiting BtownBanners.com!  We noticed you have AdBlock enabled.  While ads can be annoying, we utilize them to provide these forums free of charge to you!  Please consider removing your AdBlock for BtownBanners or consider signing up to donate and help BtownBanners stay alive!  Thank you!

Hoosier Guy

Wisconsin at IU Game Thread 03/07 12 PM ESPN

There's death, taxes and ... our scoring droughts. 

In every half of every game, you can just tell yourself "We're gonna have a 6-7-8 minute stretch where we won't score. Or maybe we'll get a couple free throws." ... And you almost can sense when it's coming. 

I just cannot understand for the life of me, why the staff hasn't figured out a way to create some better scoring opportunities during these stretches. It boggles the mind. 

Gonna go watch the second half of the Florida/Kentucky game.  Florida up 10, but after what I just witnessed....

A UK loss always makes me feel better but still would’ve loved to seen us win today

Sent from my iPhone using BtownBanners mobile app

7 minutes ago, MikeRoberts said:

How does race get slapped in the face, almost goes down to a knee and no body on the court nor the bench even asks let alone throws a fit to have them review the play?

Should have been a flagrant with free throws and the ball. Different game

As they take the lead with 4+ minutes to go and we only have 2 fouls, how do we not get super aggressive on D to get steals or burn fouls?

How do we get all their bigs on foul trouble with 7 minutes to go and they become the aggressors?

I’ve had it with this crap. Dumb basketball all around

Sent from my iPhone using BtownBanners

Who do you call the flagrant on, Durham?  It looked to me on the reply I only saw once, so take it for what it's worth, like Durham poked Race in the eye.  Wisconsin is famous for poking opponents in the eye, so I thought it was deliberate at first.  Idk, look at it if you can and come back here and tell us what you saw.  I can't do that with the laptop I am using right now.

There's death, taxes and ... our scoring droughts. 
In every half of every game, you can just tell yourself "We're gonna have a 6-7-8 minute stretch where we won't score. Or maybe we'll get a couple free throws." ... And you almost can sense when it's coming. 
I just cannot understand for the life of me, why the staff hasn't figured out a way to create some better scoring opportunities during these stretches. It boggles the mind. 

Exactly. How many of those 12 losses had at least 7 minute stretches without a FG? Gotta be close to all of them.

Exactly. How many of those 12 losses had at least 7 minute stretches without a FG? Gotta be close to all of them.

How many of their wins did they have 7 min without a FG? Gotta be close to all of them!

Sent from my SM-G973U using BtownBanners mobile app

1 minute ago, colonel06 said:

I personally feel the basketball team should workout in the weight room with the football players. As long as they are stretching along with it. We are way too soft under the basket especially.

Sent from my iPhone using BtownBanners

Lol I thought under the basket was our strength on this year's model.

That one's on the players.  100%.   Many of the scoring problems Indiana has are directly related to shot selection and shot timing.  How many quick shots without offense does it take before these kids learn that's not how you win basketball games? 

I mean, seriously...Green missed 9 straight shots or something, and only ONE of them was in the flow of the offense.   Kid shoots 36% for his career and gets 17 shots?  Why?   No one else gets more than 8??  Are you kidding me?  17 shots taken without a single assist?  Happy senior day, DeVonte.  Guess it was your show....team and their season be damned.  Don't let the door hit you.

He wasn't alone, but he has cost Indiana enough basketball games.  Good riddance.  Team had 9 total assists and Phinisee had 7 of them.  Lots of individual crap today and against Wisconsin?  That can't happen.  You're praying to make shots and the game lies solely on that single variable.  No offense being run and hero ball trying to knock out a good team.   That was an embarrassing second half, and if I were Archie, there would be some major changes, but I am very happy it's THIS senior day.

Just now, cbp4iu said:

IU has to get 2 grad transfers for next year that can shoot or else TJD will face even more double and Triple teams.

Yes. Khristian Lander alone isn't going to cut it. I like the other freshman but they aren't ready to be major contributers. This offseason has to be like the 2011 one (I've said that the last two years thought.) The addition of Zeller to that team helped but Hulls, Jones, Watford, Oladipo, and Sheehey got so much better. 

1 minute ago, cbp4iu said:

IU has to get 2 grad transfers for next year that can shoot or else TJD will face even more double and Triple teams.

IU is getting 3 kids who can shoot it.   If they get grad transfers, they need to be bigs.

IU is getting 3 kids who can shoot it.   If they get grad transfers, they need to be bigs.

We are getting 3 kids “who can shoot it.” We have no idea what any of the freshman will do yet. Though I believe Lander and Leal are better than any of our current guards.

Guys, IU is in the tournament. That’s perfectly fine for this season. However, next season is when I expect to get back to contention on a yearly basis

I agree but we have to be better next year. I just don’t see that we have the roster to improve much unless we have addition by subtraction.

If we make it in barely again next year is that enough.