Thanks for visiting BtownBanners.com!  We noticed you have AdBlock enabled.  While ads can be annoying, we utilize them to provide these forums free of charge to you!  Please consider removing your AdBlock for BtownBanners or consider signing up to donate and help BtownBanners stay alive!  Thank you!

IUc2016

Game Thread: Indiana Hoosiers vs. Minnesota Golden Gophers

Glad we got the dub! That was a stressful game to watch. Really needed it, and didn’t play that great.

A win is a win. Love TJD, as always. Kudos to Brunk and 2nd half Al. 1st half Phin was better than normal.

Want that Wisconsin game bad. Shouldn’t lose at home to them.

Sent from my iPad using BtownBanners

Brian Butch, according to Wikipedia (which is never wrong!!!) is 6-11. 

And he was easily an inch taller than Brunk. 

So Butch is either 7-foot or Brunk is 6-10. 

I don’t think butch is 7-foot. I think he’s 6-foot 12”

Sent from my iPad using BtownBanners mobile app

Was unable to watch tonight. Recording at home and hoping to watch later. I’m at the Kohl center watching Wisconsin vs Northwestern. Boys, this team can flat out shoot the ball. 30-17 badgers with 5m left in the half. Everything they do, and I mean everything, Is designed to get a look at the 3. I swear they have hoisted 17 3’s thus far. We are going to have a nightmare on our hands if we over help off of penetration. Everything for them leads into the three. Penetration, transition, and anything in the half court. Badgers were shooting 100% from the floor for over 12minutes. One thing, they are vulnerable defensively inside. Pound it. Penetrate off the dribble. They are disciplined to lock in on shooters so they don’t necessarily pack the paint. Northwestern is weathering their early fireworks and making a game of it. That’s what we will need to do.

Sent from my iPhone using BtownBanners

I don’t think butch is 7-foot. I think he’s 6-foot 12”

My kids and I were cracking up at that visual and the cameraman figuring out how to film that interview.

Little Archie on twitter should have fun with that one.

Wisconsin will be coming in Saturday with a chance to win a share of the conference title. That should be all the motivation our guys need to come out swinging. Of course, they had no problem with Purdue coming in and sh*tting all over RMK's return, so maybe the thought of an opponent celebrating on this court won't bother them much. 

I’m concerned if we lose the next one, Purdue gets our spot in the dance. They beat us twice and just won a big game on the road.

Purdue wouldn’t get out spot but they might take someone on the cut lines spot if they find a way to win a couple games in the B1G tourney. That loss to Nebraska to go along with 14 losses already is going to hold them back

Sent from my iPhone using BtownBanners mobile app

I’m concerned if we lose the next one, Purdue gets our spot in the dance. They beat us twice and just won a big game on the road.  

Nope, we are locked in. Purdue still has to beat Rutgers and win possibly 2 in the B1G Tourney. Our next game is a Quad 1 game so it won’t hurt if we lose that game. And even if we fall flat on our face against Nebraska, we’re not going to move down that much since the committee looks at the whole body of work. Currently stand at 5-9 vs Quad 1, 4-2 vs Quad 2. 10-0 vs Quads 3/4. 5 wins against top 25 teams. Compare our resume against the other “bubble” teams and our resume looks solid. The #1 bracketolgist had us at a 9 seed (#35 seed overall) prior to tonight’s game. LSU was just a few spots ahead of us and with our win and their loss, we’ve moved up at least another spot if not a couple spots. We have plenty of breathing room. It would take teams like Northwestern/Georgia/Georgia Tech winning their conference tourneys for us not to make it in. Plus IU in the tourney = $$$ for the NCAA. 

Nope, we are locked in. Purdue still has to beat Rutgers and win possibly 2 in the B1G Tourney. Our next game is a Quad 1 game so it won’t hurt if we lose that game. And even if we fall flat on our face against Nebraska, we’re not going to move down that much since the committee looks at the whole body of work. Currently stand at 5-9 vs Quad 1, 4-2 vs Quad 2. 10-0 vs Quads 3/4. 5 wins against top 25 teams. Compare our resume against the other “bubble” teams and our resume looks solid. The #1 bracketolgist had us at a 9 seed (#35 seed overall) prior to tonight’s game. LSU was just a few spots ahead of us and with our win and their loss, we’ve moved up at least another spot if not a couple spots. We have plenty of breathing room. It would take teams like Northwestern/Georgia/Georgia Tech winning their conference tourneys for us not to make it in. Plus IU in the tourney = $$$ for the NCAA.  

Okay Thank you!

8 hours ago, Bowhunter said:

I think the NCAA stopped looking that closely at head to head because the logic breaks down when comparing more than two teams.

People often say the NET doesn’t matter when it come to Bracketology, but it Always seems to be listed when teams are being compared To each other.

That’s because it’s unfortunately a sorting tool. It’s meant to group like teams together and then they are supposed to look at the team sheets to compare. Unfortunately we have been the outlier two years running in both directions.