Thanks for visiting BtownBanners.com!  We noticed you have AdBlock enabled.  While ads can be annoying, we utilize them to provide these forums free of charge to you!  Please consider removing your AdBlock for BtownBanners or consider signing up to donate and help BtownBanners stay alive!  Thank you!

IUc2016

Game Thread: Indiana Hoosiers vs. Minnesota Golden Gophers

When: 7 p.m.

TV: BTN

Indiana Hoosiers: 18-11 (8-10)

Minnesota Golden Gophers: 13-15 (7-11)

This game is huge. Many feel that IU can solidify its NCAA bid with a win tonight regardless of what happens against Wisconsin or the BIG Tourney. This is probably the biggest game of Archie's tenure at IU as it is at home against a quality opponent with a chance to punch a ticket to the NCAA, lose it and this Saturday will most definitely be the biggest of Archie's tenure (both bigger than Ohio State last year).

Minnesota is a Quad 2 opponent and Archie has not done well the past few years against Quad 2 opponents at home. He is 0-2 this year (Iowa was Quad 1 when we played). Last year he didn't fare very well losing to both Ohio State and Iowa at home that most likely kept the team out of the tournament. Here's to hoping that tonight is a night Hoosier Nation can celebrate, we deserve it. GO HOOSIERS!

56 minutes ago, NOLA Hoosier said:

Bad bad bad bad feeling about this one. I don’t think I’ve ever wanted to be so wrong.

Yeah, I'm not confident either. We haven't shown that we are a very mentally resilient team, so I'm concerned that since we beat them there, we will come in with the wrong mindset. Plus, they may think they are playing for their coach's job. And then, I look at yesterday's game results...

26 minutes ago, coonhounds said:

Hope we can win.

Sent from my SM-G960U using Tapatalk

That's all we can do haha. Since I haven't picked up a basketball in years, I can only sit and listen to Don Fischer and hope that we don't get embarrassed on our home floor. Such is the life of a basketball fan.