Thanks for visiting BtownBanners.com!  We noticed you have AdBlock enabled.  While ads can be annoying, we utilize them to provide these forums free of charge to you!  Please consider removing your AdBlock for BtownBanners or consider signing up to donate and help BtownBanners stay alive!  Thank you!

LamarCheeks

IUWBB: B1G women's tourney

The bracket is set. As the No. 4 seed, we get a double bye. Illinois plays Wisconsin with the winner meeting Rutgers and that winner meeting us. Should we win, a semifinal matchup with Maryland looms. We got crushed in College Park, but were competitive in B-town before fading late and losing by 10 or so. They're tough. In latest rankings, we're No. 22 in the AP and No. 24 in the coaches' poll. But ESPN's bracketologist expects us to be in the final 16 for Monday night's final NCAA reveal.

Oh, and South Carolina remains a solid No. 1 in both polls and should be No. 1 in the NCAA reveal. The Gamecocks have one loss. Guess who beat them???

1 hour ago, LamarCheeks said:

Guess ESPN's bracketology guy was wrong: We were not one of the top 16 seeds in the NCAA reveal. 

Not shocked. We are a 5 unless we beat Maryland somehow. With this teams propensity to play better on road and neutral sites we may be better travelling. My dream is either Chicago against Depaul so we are close or Women go to Gonzaga and Men draw Spokane for one stop shop:).

Ali and crew will play about 2:30 Friday afternoon at Bankers Life against Rutgers, Illinois or Wisconsin. We don't have a whole lot of depth, so I'm hoping the rest from the double bye proves beneficial ... 

Am hoping we can get past Rutgers (likely), get another shot at Maryland and take care of business this time!

I think our floor is a 5-seed in the big dance, even if we get beat by Rutgers, which I don’t see happening. 

The bracketology projections I’ve seen have us going to Chicago where DePaul is hosting, which is probably best case scenario for us except for the fact that Oregon would be waiting in the Sweet 16 as the 1-seed. I think based on our season as a whole, the Sweet 16 would have to be considered a good finish.

Next year is the year I’m looking at for making a run at a 2-seed and getting a favorable schedule that will put us 1 game where we play out of our mind against an elite team and shock some folks by making a Final Four. With the talent we have coming back, and my thought that Moren is going to hit the transfer market hard and have a pretty attractive product to sell a grad transfer on with being the missing piece - I think we’re top 10 all year. Sure, we need to use this momentum to grab a few highly rated recruits in order to secure the future, but I think next year will be the culmination of this current success the past two years. 

5 minutes ago, JerryYeagley23 said:

I think our floor is a 5-seed in the big dance, even if we get beat by Rutgers, which I don’t see happening. 

The bracketology projections I’ve seen have us going to Chicago where DePaul is hosting, which is probably best case scenario for us except for the fact that Oregon would be waiting in the Sweet 16 as the 1-seed. I think based on our season as a whole, the Sweet 16 would have to be considered a good finish.

Next year is the year I’m looking at for making a run at a 2-seed and getting a favorable schedule that will put us 1 game where we play out of our mind against an elite team and shock some folks by making a Final Four. With the talent we have coming back, and my thought that Moren is going to hit the transfer market hard and have a pretty attractive product to sell a grad transfer on with being the missing piece - I think we’re top 10 all year. Sure, we need to use this momentum to grab a few highly rated recruits in order to secure the future, but I think next year will be the culmination of this current success the past two years. 

Wonder where we'd be had we not let the Ohio State, Northwestern and Iowa games slip away. ... Obviously, I have not seen every game this season, but I've seen as many as I can -- but when you look back at our schedule, we have those three games that we lost and should have won. We really don't have any wins in games that we probably should have lost. 

Would love to think if we beat Rutgers/Wisconsin that we could give the Twerps a run, but I just don't see it happening. They crushed us in College Park and once they made up that 10-point deficit, they more or less controlled us as the game wore on in B-town. 

1 hour ago, mamasa said:

Trying to log in to Fox Sports streaming to watch 1st game at noon.  Won't connect :(  

That is because its only 1130am. Try again at Noon when game starts and it should work. 

1 hour ago, Aaron said:

That is because its only 1130am. Try again at Noon when game starts and it should work. 

It's the screen where I verify my cable provider- won't connect.  Just watching it on phone :)

Really like this article- gives a good timeline!

Sent from my iPhone using BtownBanners mobile app