Thanks for visiting BtownBanners.com!  We noticed you have AdBlock enabled.  While ads can be annoying, we utilize them to provide these forums free of charge to you!  Please consider removing your AdBlock for BtownBanners or consider signing up to donate and help BtownBanners stay alive!  Thank you!

Class of '66 Old Fart

IUBB vs Penn State - 2/23/20 @ Noon

Archie punching out the clip board on The General’s 35th anniversary of throwing the chair was pretty sweet!!
Didn’t know ol’ Arch had it in him.

Sent from my iPad using BtownBanners
Which coach was holding it?

Sent from my SM-G960U using Tapatalk

Which coach was holding it?

Sent from my SM-G960U using Tapatalk

I’m not sure. Go to espn NCAAM college basketball home and scroll down quite a ways and you’ll find the video.
“Miller resembles Knight in clipboard meltdown
On the 35th anniversary of Bobby Knight throwing his chair, Archie Miller emulates his anger on a clipboard after Indiana misses free throws down the stretch.”

I don’t have enough smarts to copy it and post it here. Not really sure you can

Sent from my iPad using BtownBanners mobile app

It wasn't always pretty, and there were things to complain about, but I'm not going to. PSU is a really good basketball team who plays pretty well on the road. This was a very high quality win. If this team can exact a little payback at Purdue, they will be rolling. Thompson and Hunter finally emerging has been and will be huge going forward.

Do you think he is not ready to be a starting PG or not even ready to be a back up PG?

Sent from my iPhone using BtownBanners mobile app

On our roster he’d get time. Just not sure it’s his smartest move for himself. In AAU, he didn’t play above or better than Leal/Galloway.
He has a different skill set, and speed is his biggest attribute (which Phinisee sorely lacks). He hasn’t had the season you’d expect from a 5 star HS player.

Imo, he’s overrated currently but I can see the potential and why he’s ranked so high. Maybe he grows into that more next year. Would be very curious how they would rank him as a 2020 recruit.

Sent from my iPad using BtownBanners mobile app

4 hours ago, Brass Cannon said:

Al and Brunk are constantly being asked to do things outside their scope. 

It’s like having a pet fish and a pet dog and asking the fish to guard your house while your gone. Setting them up to fail. 

You are relentless, I'll give you that.  Good on you to say the same thing OVER AND OVER AND OVER again but using different words.  It is seriously impressive.

4 minutes ago, mookied39 said:

You are relentless, I'll give you that.  Good on you to say the same thing OVER AND OVER AND OVER again but using different words.  It is seriously impressive.

Lol Archie even admitted this basically when he changed the hedging after Michigan lol. But yeah keep pretending it’s not true. 

My thoughts one one of the only games I've been able to fully watch.
- Justin Smith saved us despite not doing much of anything on offense. Huge rebounds and defensive plays and stunts that were critical. 
- Rob & Thompson are great players. Injuries have both set them back clearly. If they were both fully healthy.. man this team could be different. I think that's something fans must consider.
- TJD is good. Glad he's coming back home next year. I'd like to see him add a perimeter game.
-Al and Green did some nice things on offense. We need both of them heading into the tournament. 
- Brunk was the odd man out today. Looks frustrated with those early fouls, never got into a flow. Next game big fella!
Overall, this is a great win for a program that NEEDED it. The fanbase needed it more than the program perhaps. Defense was tremendous in that first half. Second half we clearly didn't give it our best, but we fought back after falling down six points. I liked the fight despite that 16-0 run we faced. 

Our defense is so much better when Thompson is on the floor than when Brunk is out there. I didn’t say it was great defense either

Sent from my iPhone using BtownBanners mobile app

1 minute ago, Brass Cannon said:

Lol Archie even admitted this basically when he changed the hedging after Michigan lol. But yeah keep pretending it’s not true. 

I am not saying what you are saying is necessary wrong.  You just repeat yourself.  Kinda like the wife.  If you can't see that.....no worries.  Enjoy fan.