Thanks for visiting BtownBanners.com!  We noticed you have AdBlock enabled.  While ads can be annoying, we utilize them to provide these forums free of charge to you!  Please consider removing your AdBlock for BtownBanners or consider signing up to donate and help BtownBanners stay alive!  Thank you!

Class of '66 Old Fart

IUBB vs Penn State - 2/23/20 @ Noon

Need it. Got it.

Good effort from the guys despite it being pretty ugly for 18 minutes there.

Convinced we drop 2 next week but if we could steal 1 of those.

Finishing 3-1 would be fantastic. No problem with 2-2 but I’ll be nervous if we drop the next 2.

Sent from my iPad using BtownBanners

Just now, Stuhoo said:

It just doesn’t matter.

1) Brunk has played less than 10 minutes for three consecutive games.

2) Joey Brunk will have games going forward in which he makes big contributions.

It actually does matter. You can’t constantly lose battles to begin halves. That’s not a recipe for success. Brunk does make contributions. They’re few and far between though

3 minutes ago, Stuhoo said:

It just doesn’t matter.

2) Joey Brunk will have games going forward in which he makes big contributions.

I think it’s fine at the start of the game, but after starting and then sitting for basically the rest of the 1st half, starting him after halftime has been a disaster. 

2 minutes ago, Stuhoo said:

It just doesn’t matter.

I would have preferred to see Race start the second half instead of Brunk. Great win but I still don’t understand why the same 5 starters seemingly automatically start the second half.

It just doesn’t matter.

It’s good to see his minutes being reduced. I like the kid but it’s pretty evident he and TJD out there together isn’t the best fit.
So what I don’t understand is why he keeps getting the start in the first and second half?

Minutes aren’t all created equal and he is going against their best players at critical times. I like him better spelling other players and coming in to play against their backup

Sent from my iPhone using BtownBanners mobile app

7 minutes ago, Brass Cannon said:

Our only ball handler needs to be getting the PT at the end of a close game. 

I agree that RP needed to be in the point when Al threw it away.....but it wouldn't have been Durham I put on the bench for him.  Al has to handle it better there.

13 minutes ago, Hoosier Guy said:

It actually does matter. You can’t constantly lose battles to begin halves. That’s not a recipe for success. Brunk does make contributions. They’re few and far between though

I think the biggest thing right now is that there weren't options prior to lately that really looked like they made that much difference.  But the way Race has been playing, I thought the last couple of games he should have started the second half.

A few more takeaways for y’all:

1) Down six in the second half, PSU on a 21-2 run. Jerome Hunter takes one of his only two shots and nails a contested three. Jerome with zero tos in 21 minutes. 

2) Phin played like a savvy veteran: one turnover in 27 minutes, five steals, 7-8 ft, and the best at stopping the ball off the bounce on the team. Really solid.