Thanks for visiting BtownBanners.com!  We noticed you have AdBlock enabled.  While ads can be annoying, we utilize them to provide these forums free of charge to you!  Please consider removing your AdBlock for BtownBanners or consider signing up to donate and help BtownBanners stay alive!  Thank you!

Class of '66 Old Fart

IUBB vs Penn State - 2/23/20 @ Noon

1 minute ago, Brass Cannon said:

Same would have taken green out

Other than the two decisions Al made on passes late in the game, he played as well as he had in quite a while.  I probably have Green out and RP in as well.

I am wondering if part of the reason RP isn't in sometimes at the end is fatigue.  He's only been over 30 minutes once and we know that he has missed a ton of practices due to lingering injuries.

What have we changed on defense? Seems like the hard hedges have mostly disappeared. Anything else? 2 straight games of really good defense. Other than Stevens creating for himself, PSU struggled to get good looks

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

The hard edges are gone and guards getting around screens better to me.

And increased effort

Sent from my iPhone using BtownBanners mobile app

15 minutes ago, brumdog45 said:

I think the biggest thing right now is that there weren't options prior to lately that really looked like they made that much difference.  But the way Race has been playing, I thought the last couple of games he should have started the second half.

Brunk starting doesn’t help anyone but the other team. Bring him in off the bench. He should be a sixth man and nothing more. He’s not playing well right now

3 minutes ago, theriverpilot said:

Another double-double by Trayce. Just solid

He’s a really solid player. He’ll also develop his game after the season. Biggest thing being that he needs to add the right hand to his arsenal

1 minute ago, Hoosier Guy said:

Brunk starting doesn’t help anyone but the other team. Bring him in off the bench. He should be a sixth man and nothing more. He’s not playing well right now

He’s playing really badly.

He’s currently our tenth man.

Just now, Hoosier Guy said:

He's not even getting sixth man minutes right now, so I think his time on the court is reflective of that.  I think that when a guy is struggling you need to look for the best opportunities to play him and I think his best match up today would have been against Mike Watkins.  Since Watkins doesn't start, we never saw Brunk on Watkins.

3 minutes ago, Whoozhers said:

Al had 2 of the biggest boneheaded game killingTO’s within about a minute span. I’m really surprised we survived that.

Sent from my iPad using BtownBanners

Right!  Every foul, nasty, vile disgusting word I've ever heard flew after those passes.

2 minutes ago, HoosierDribbler said:

Right!  Every foul, nasty, vile disgusting word I've ever heard flew after those passes.

Al and Brunk are constantly being asked to do things outside their scope. 

It’s like having a pet fish and a pet dog and asking the fish to guard your house while your gone. Setting them up to fail. 

It’s like having a pet fish and a pet dog and asking the fish to guard your house while your gone. Setting them up to fail. 

Al's 3 turnovers at the end were not really asking too much of him. They were all pretty basic plays.

1. Forced a pass early in the shot clock to Green 30 feet from the hoop
2. Not even sure what that high pass out of bounds was
3. He was the logical ball handler because Phin was being denied. It's a 2 on 1. The pass was easy, or he could pull it out.

I think Al's turnovers are almost always him trying to do too much. When he's running point, his only real job is to make the first pass. He's not exactly leading the offense.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

How exactly are either of them asked to do things outside their scope? Al especially.

He is a guard in the big ten. Those passes at the end of the game are within his “scope” as a big ten guard. Those were all on al. Stop trying to fault Archie for that, ridiculous.