Thanks for visiting BtownBanners.com!  We noticed you have AdBlock enabled.  While ads can be annoying, we utilize them to provide these forums free of charge to you!  Please consider removing your AdBlock for BtownBanners or consider signing up to donate and help BtownBanners stay alive!  Thank you!

Sign in to follow this  
mamasa

IUWBB vs Minnesota 6 pm 2/22

2 minutes ago, Class of '66 Old Fart said:

Great job mamasa.  You've regained your starter's role for game threads.

Did I see that Rutgers defeated O$U earlier today?

Yep. Pretty much assures us the 4-seed for the B1G tourney. Does anyone know, is the ESPN standings accurate that NW holds the tie breaker over Maryland and would be the 1-seed?? That would be a big break for IU, as I’d much rather have a potential matchup on a neutral court with NW than Maryland in the semis. 

15 minutes ago, JerryYeagley23 said:

Yep. Pretty much assures us the 4-seed for the B1G tourney. Does anyone know, is the ESPN standings accurate that NW holds the tie breaker over Maryland and would be the 1-seed?? That would be a big break for IU, as I’d much rather have a potential matchup on a neutral court with NW than Maryland in the semis. 

B1G site has Northwestern listed first also, but they shouldn't have the tie breaker, Maryland should. They split with each other and both lost to Iowa, but Maryland also beat Iowa. Northwestern only played the Hawkeyes once. According to my understanding of tie breaker rules that should be advantage Maryland ( 1-1 is better than 0-1). Guess we'll find out 

2 hours ago, johnsoniu said:

B1G site has Northwestern listed first also, but they shouldn't have the tie breaker, Maryland should. They split with each other and both lost to Iowa, but Maryland also beat Iowa. Northwestern only played the Hawkeyes once. According to my understanding of tie breaker rules that should be advantage Maryland ( 1-1 is better than 0-1). Guess we'll find out 

That is correct Maryland has tiebreaker. ESPN has an error.

We continue to baffle in the fact we are much better on the road then at home. We have four home losses which isn't terrible but 10-4 at home could be better and is actually worse then Men's team. However, on the road IU is 9-2, including 6-2 in conference compared to just 5-3 at home. How often do you see a team play better away from home?

Maybe it is a good thing we are travelling for NCAA Tournament as a 5 seed most likely as we play better away from home. Won four straight on road. Lost two straight at home. Very odd.