Thanks for visiting BtownBanners.com!  We noticed you have AdBlock enabled.  While ads can be annoying, we utilize them to provide these forums free of charge to you!  Please consider removing your AdBlock for BtownBanners or consider signing up to donate and help BtownBanners stay alive!  Thank you!

IUc2016

Game Thread: Indiana Hoosiers vs. Minnesota Golden Gophers

Kept to Twitter tonight to switch things up. Very proud of our Hoosiers tonight, especially TJD and Race.

My only critique is Race needs to start over Joey. Never see it happening even though this team plays better with TJD and Race playing together.

Sent from my iPhone using BtownBanners

I got laughed at earlier this year when I said race needed to take brunks spot. The thing is with race, it’s not going to be pretty. The only thing that you know you are going to get out of him is 110%. Kid just plays hard, sometimes it’s even wrong but he plays hard. And that is something you clearly cannot teach my friends.

Sent from my iPhone using BtownBanners mobile app

*Thought we would lose and am very glad to be wrong

*Very encouraging to see us fall behind and respond rather than give up.

*Good things happen when TJD gets the ball. I have an idea....maybe we should try that again.

*Race exhibited the type of edge we need on the court. Should he start....maybe, but it depends on the match-ups.

*Not to detract from the win but Minnesota missed a lot of close shots and were 34% from the field, 16% from the three and 52% from the line. Pretty poor.

*ANY road win is great in the BT this year. Beat PSU at home and we will be close to a shoo-in for the tourney.

Good grief. I can't believe what a total scam the B1G Network has become. ... I had to work last night and didn't record the game. I did monitor the live stream, but couldn't pay real close attention. So when I got home, I started watching the replay on FoxSports.com. Unfortunately, I dozed off. I went to rewatch the final 10 minutes or so this morning and it's already archived.

So I have to have a BTN-plus subscription just to watch a game that's less than 12 hours old? Pretty damn lame, BTN and FoxSports. You really suck! 

Good grief. I can't believe what a total scam the B1G Network has become. ... I had to work last night and didn't record the game. I did monitor the live stream, but couldn't pay real close attention. So when I got home, I started watching the replay on FoxSports.com. Unfortunately, I dozed off. I went to rewatch the final 10 minutes or so this morning and it's already archived.
So I have to have a BTN-plus subscription just to watch a game that's less than 12 hours old? Pretty damn lame, BTN and FoxSports. You really suck! 

I was streaming big ten network and all I was getting was a 2008 Big a ten tournament game with Dj white and Eric Gordon .

26 minutes ago, LamarCheeks said:

Hmm....I just pulled it up on the replays on foxsports.com and all it required was my directv login, not a BTN+ subscription. Maybe a refresh and log back in will take care of it?

1 minute ago, NashvilleHoosier said:

Hmm....I just pulled it up on the replays on foxsports.com and all it required was my directv login, not a BTN+ subscription. Maybe a refresh and log back in will take care of it?

I did the same last night and it worked. I'm logged in through verizon. This morning, it  says "Your subscription does not allow access to this program." 

41 minutes ago, Class of '66 Old Fart said:

Jarrad Odle @JarradOdle

Don’t read into it too much. I told @CoachDaneFife to STFU at least 3x a day on the court and 5x a day in the locker room. We were/are still friends.

I think we have a tendency to over analyze things like this. I was never on a team where a fight didn't break out at least once a week between guys on the team. It's just the nature of guys competing and being together so much in close quarters. And, I was never on a team where everyone liked everyone else on the team. Usually we had 3 or 4 guys who hung out together of the court, but certainly not everyone. To me, good chemistry refers to playing well together and not necessarily personal relationships.

Well coached game and preparation by the staff. The things here that we regularly ***** about ie spacing, hedging out too far, substitution patterns, accountability for making stupid mistakes, all seemed greatly improved last night. Seemed CAM was quick to pull the trigger on personnel if they weren't playing well. No negative comments on Green's play. Seemed engaged with minimal TO's and did a good job along with Rod and Al feeding the post. I know it was a buge game for TJD but that W wouldn't have happened without the way Race played. He has improved vastly since he has returned from his back problems. Love his motor.

4 minutes ago, Alford Bailey said:

This version of Race gives us better options than Brunk

Sooo true!

And while I realize that last night is a best game possible scenario for Race, I wonder if “this version” of Race can be reasonably approximated going forward.

Remember, Joey had a string of three or four fantastic games in a row earlier this year.

Sooo true!
And while I realize that last night is a best game possible scenario for Race, I wonder if “this version” of Race can be reasonably approximated going forward.
Remember, Joey had a string of three or four fantastic games in a row earlier this year.

I feel Race has shown flashes of this when given minutes, but for awhile always had his minutes taken away from Justin and Joey. I feel he is more prone for this sort of production because of his all out effort. Not saying he will score a bunch, but he’s proven to be a very good defender and rebounder that provides energy.

Brunk’s in a bad slump, and he deserves minutes for sure, but I feel we are better with Race in there because of all the intangibles he brings. Not saying he’s an all-star, but someone who could easily get us 6pts and 8rbs a game.

I feel Race has shown flashes of this when given minutes, but for awhile always had his minutes taken away from Justin and Joey. I feel he is more prone for this sort of production because of his all out effort. Not saying he will score a bunch, but he’s proven to be a very good defender and rebounder that provides energy.

Brunk’s in a bad slump, and he deserves minutes for sure, but I feel we are better with Race in there because of all the intangibles he brings. Not saying he’s an all-star, but someone who could easily get us 6pts and 8rbs a game.

Brunk was doing great then he seemed to try or we seemed to try and expand his game. Move up to a higher option on offense, shoot a little jumper, try to back your guy down every time vs being the 3rd or 4th option and scoring as available.