Thanks for visiting BtownBanners.com!  We noticed you have AdBlock enabled.  While ads can be annoying, we utilize them to provide these forums free of charge to you!  Please consider removing your AdBlock for BtownBanners or consider signing up to donate and help BtownBanners stay alive!  Thank you!

IUc2016

Game Thread: Indiana Hoosiers vs. Minnesota Golden Gophers

5 minutes ago, Uspshoosier said:

IU won a quad 1 top 45 road game. Let’s stop the fighting. If you are up watch the Journey. Brunk is featured

Sent from my iPhone using BtownBanners

To be fair, tonight's The Journey starts out as a feature on Brunk but about 4 minutes in switches to a feature on Race Thompson.

5 minutes ago, JaybobHoosier said:

Kept to Twitter tonight to switch things up. Very proud of our Hoosiers tonight, especially TJD and Race.

My only critique is Race needs to start over Joey. Never see it happening even though this team plays better with TJD and Race playing together.

Race’s role will continue to increase. When Joey has a good matchup, he has been very effective this season. The last few games have not been good matchups for him inside.

Race’s role will continue to increase. When Joey has a good matchup, he has been very effective this season. The last few games have not been good matchups for him inside.

I like Brunk a lot but he has has his weaknesses and doesn’t allows deserve the start. Deron is playing better and Race has shown flashes. I think there could be nice rotation there where the best matchup changes each game

Sent from my iPhone using BtownBanners mobile app

I like Brunk a lot but he has has his weaknesses and doesn’t allows deserve the start. Deron is playing better and Race has shown flashes. I think there could be nice rotation there where the best matchup changes each game

He seems to be forcing things offensively. More than he used to. Fade-aways and such. He needs to let things develop more. He needs better judgement when he goes 1v1.

Sent from my iPad using BtownBanners mobile app

Net net, finally a fun game to watch where I found myself leaning forward in excitement vs getting pissed and spewing venom here:)

Except you caused us a technical!! Thanks for nothing ;)

Really strong finish to get the road win. Interesting that the team didn’t go into the fetal position after getting down double digits early in the game.

Liked the lineups with TJD and Race. Race is strong enough to hold his own when he gets switched onto the big. We’ll need minutes from Brunk and a Davis against certain opponents but really like how Race is playing.

Here’s to hoping this team shows up more times than not the rest of the season. I think we’ll like the results if they do.

He’s an annoying chap, no doubt. He’d be even more annoying if his teams were good and won a lot.

Annoying B1G list

1. Izzo
2. Fran
3. Pitino
4. Underwood
5. Gard and his rat pack
6. Turgeon and his cheating ways

I’m okay with Painter, Holtman, Chambers, Pikiell, Juwan, Hoiberg, Collins

Izzo is easily #1. Cries about everything. Gard is #2 for me though followed by Pitino. I don’t really have a problem with Fran. I actually find him entertaining. Like a mad JimJim Boeheim.

FWIW, when Race took a rest in the last ten minutes of the game, Joey came in and had a really good stretch.

That’s his best role. Give TJD a break. And this season, it’s between him and Davis to give TJD a break. Though Davis is better playing with TJD. But Davis’ and Brunks minutes should be split by who is playing better that game. It’s tough not to play someone like Brunk, but sometimes it’s just best for the team.

1 hour ago, MikeRoberts said:

Net net, finally a fun game to watch where I found myself leaning forward in excitement vs getting pissed and spewing venom here:)

Leaned forward so much you touched the floor and got yourself a techie there Mike ;) 

6 hours ago, WayneFleekHoosier said:

Archie just asked if they are cutting back on the hard hedging. He didn’t take to kindly to that question. Asked reporter what he knows about hedging and If he’s ever done it.

Lol, feel the heat Archie.

Sent from my iPad using BtownBanners

Archie laughed and joked about it with Rabby. Then he answered the question.

No heat during his post game presser whatsoever.

Archie laughed and joked about it with Rabby. Then he answered the question.
No heat during his post game presser whatsoever.

I was being facetious. It was a funny question and answer. But it’s a question he deserved to be asked.

I thought the lead guard fought harder tonight to get through screen. They’ve certainly talked a lot about their hedging strategy.

Also Minnesota missed a ton of shots.

I was being facetious. It was a funny question and answer. But it’s a question he deserved to be asked.

I thought the lead guard fought harder tonight to get through screen. They’ve certainly talked a lot about their hedging strategy.

Also Minnesota missed a ton of shots.

Yes, we did get fortunate there, but it’s nice to finally have a team not shoot well against us on the road lol.