Thanks for visiting BtownBanners.com!  We noticed you have AdBlock enabled.  While ads can be annoying, we utilize them to provide these forums free of charge to you!  Please consider removing your AdBlock for BtownBanners or consider signing up to donate and help BtownBanners stay alive!  Thank you!

IUc2016

Game Thread: Indiana Hoosiers vs. Minnesota Golden Gophers

Trayce was incredible!

Race had his best game.

The rest of the roster wasn’t great.

Defensive rebounding on long missed 3s was bad. Really bad.

Hedging was better, but Minnesota didn’t work the roll or the wing much.

Minnesota missed a lot of 3s.

Sent from my iPad using BtownBanners

Minny was awful shooting FTs too. Our Guards were serviceable but need to better still. Race should start from here on out

Sent from my iPhone using BtownBanners mobile app

1. We needed that win. 
2. THAT is the effort we expect. 
3. Trayce is showing that hes special.
4. Race is showing he needs more minutes. Really think he is the key to this team.
5. Not excusing the f you non sense. But smith and Trayce did have a little embrace after the horn sounded. 

Couldn’t watch... could someone elaborate on #5?

Sent from my iPhone using BtownBanners

Couldn’t watch... could someone elaborate on #5?

Sent from my iPhone using BtownBanners

Trayce told Justin to go up strong when he missed that easy layup early in the game when it should have been an and one. Justin turned and instantly told him to shut the **** up. Easily visible on tv.

7 minutes ago, monskisprodigy said:

1. We needed that win. 
2. THAT is the effort we expect. 
3. Trayce is showing that hes special.

4. Race is showing he needs more minutes. Really think he is the key to this team.

5. Not excusing the f you non sense. But smith and Trayce did have a little embrace after the horn sounded. 

My thing with the 'f you' (I'll defer to everyone here who said that's what he said, my lip reading isn't good) was that it seemed to me like he was smiling when he said it...that it wasn't said in anger.  Don't think Justin gets much slack (I know I don't give him much) because of things we've seen and heard previously.

I must say we got a gratuitous call when Al got all tangled up in his own feet. We’ll take it!

Sent from my iPad using BtownBanners

It wasn’t the officials best night on either side. Unfortunately that’s a trend this year in the B1G.

1 minute ago, mdn82 said:

Trayce told Justin to go up strong when he missed that easy layup early in the game when it should have been an and one. Justin turned and instantly told him to shut the **** up. Easily visible on tv.

I saw it too, and don’t know for sure either way, but it easily could have been like a “get outta here man,” way of saying it, kind of responding to a ribbing from your teammate saying “come on bro, you gotta dunk that” (semi tongue in cheek giving him a hard time) 

7 minutes ago, monskisprodigy said:

I noticed this as well and am happy to see he’s not a total scumbag but doesn’t change my opinion of him and his continuous bad attitude. He’s way to bad of a player to be this uncoachable and arrogant.  

I saw it too, and don’t know for sure either way, but it easily could have been like a “get outta here man,” way of saying it, kind of responding to a ribbing from your teammate saying “come on bro, you gotta dunk that” (semi tongue in cheek giving him a hard time) 

Right. Without being there in that moment you don’t know.