Thanks for visiting BtownBanners.com!  We noticed you have AdBlock enabled.  While ads can be annoying, we utilize them to provide these forums free of charge to you!  Please consider removing your AdBlock for BtownBanners or consider signing up to donate and help BtownBanners stay alive!  Thank you!

Str8Hoosiers

Prediction League (Game 27 - Penn State 2/23/20)

On paper IU doesn't win this game.  So, the smart thing to do is to pick Penn State.  However, I don't think it matter any longer.  I don't think I've been out of the top 5 all year but I'm not going to catch fwgreenway.  Unless he gets a sever case of the dumbs, he is going to win this season pulling away.  Great job all year.  If we were in a chess match I'd conceed. I guess I am conceeding. Taking a look at all the picks that are in so far, I think most of you agree.  I hate to pick against the Hoosiers and then root for them to win.  No fun in that and nothing to be gained

Now on to the actual serious business of making a selection.  Very interesting pattern for Indiana this year.  When we are competitive we usually win.  When we are going to lose we lose big.  I don't care what the spread is for the game that pattern has held almost all season.  I'm a pattern guy, if you haven't guessed.  We have 15 Big 10 games in the books and only 4 have been decided by 6 points or less Maryleand -1, Michigan State +4, Northwestern +4, and Nebraska +6).  That is why this team has been so frustrating.  We have too many games where we just weren't competitive.

Against common opponents PSU is 15-8 and we are 13-12.  Against teams with "Like" ratings we are 8-9 and they are 12-6.  IU is 13-3 at home and Penn State is 5-3 in away games.  We average scoring 76 points/ game and Penn State averages 72.  We both average giving up 68 points/game.  Penn State won 8 games in a row in the Big 10 before stumbling against Illinois in their last.  We all know how well IU have been playing.  You have to give the edge to Penn State.  That is why they are ranked and we are not even close.  Penn State puts up between 20 and 25 3's/game and in their last three have hit 14-11-4.  the four was against Illinois and so we know why they lost that game.  So, duh, if we want to win this one we need to guard the 3-point line and force a repeat of the Illinois result.

So, all of that said, I'm climbing out on a limb today and predict that the baskets and refs will be friendly to the Hoosiers.  At least I can enjoy the game and not worry about standings.

Indiana 80 - Penn State 72