Thanks for visiting BtownBanners.com!  We noticed you have AdBlock enabled.  While ads can be annoying, we utilize them to provide these forums free of charge to you!  Please consider removing your AdBlock for BtownBanners or consider signing up to donate and help BtownBanners stay alive!  Thank you!

Feathery

Beilein will be available.....

Not sure.

Coaching is terrible.
Confidence and togetherness is terrible.
Roster construction is bad.
Players are mediocre at best overall. I have never seen what some people claim about some of our players. TJD is only one with star potential. No grit or toughness. Little athleticism. Our most athletic guy plays like a scared poodle.

Sent from my iPad using BtownBanners mobile app

The coaching is terrible. All you’ve got to do is watch. The didn’t change the way they defended and didn’t make any adjustments. The kept hedging and it wasn’t working. Michigan has one playmaker and he always drives left and IU couldn’t stop it. The team has it’s issues. There is an issue with togetherness but that’s starting to become a patter too. At some point that says more about the culture that the coach is instilling or allowing.

Sent from my iPhone using BtownBanners mobile app

I wouldn’t be excited about Tony Bennett. I’d probably go to sleep. I’d quit watching if we hired Fife. I’d be happy with Beilein. If we are going young, I’m going with Scheyer without a care. Want someone proven? Going with Pearl. Want someone that’ll work in the grey area but not Pearl and not proven, I’m going with Payne.

Sent from my iPhone using BtownBanners

Hire Pearl before it’s too late. Guy has proven himself at every stop. Freaking Auburn is Powerhouse. Started his head coaching career in Indiana. May as well end it here.

Sent from my iPad using BtownBanners

I do realize, Indiana would never Hire Pearl given his history. I probably should hate Pearl, but man, he gets it done.

Sent from my iPad using BtownBanners mobile app

My home run candidate that isn’t at all likely but pay him 6 mil a year to see.

Bruce Pearl.

Sent from my iPad using BtownBanners

Kind of agree, not even kidding would love to see some fishy recruitment and a Coach that will surely win.

1 hour ago, Feathery said:

Dakich was saying today on his radio station that if he was Glass, he would be calling Beilein immediately. That these things happen before a coach is fired all the time, gave examples. Said if it’s not a former IU player Beilein or Stevens are the 2 he would get behind. Also stated fundamentals are lacking badly and if you can’t guard a screen other than hedging then you can’t coach. Can’t say I disagree. 

Agree on the hedging

If we want a young coach, stick with Archie as he is young and learning on the job. IU isn’t a learn on the job program. Need to be able to hit the ground running and know your ****. I want a coach with a track record of success. I went to USI and would love love love Pearl, but it isn’t going to happen. 

If we want a young coach, stick with Archie as he is young and learning on the job. IU isn’t a learn on the job program. Need to be able to hit the ground running and know your ****. I want a coach with a track record of success. I went to USI and would love love love Pearl, but it isn’t going to happen. 

It’s clear he’s not learning on the job. He’s set in his ways and they won’t succeed here.

6 hours ago, Loaded Chicken Sandwich said:

Well Al clearly isn’t good enough to be starting. And might see the writing on the wall that his replacement for next season is either on the team or coming in.

So which is it......Belein would inherit talent above and beyond what he inherited at Michigan, or one in which a team that has subpar upperclassmen would transfer out to some unnamed player you have starting over him next year?

I mean, name names if you are going to have a point.  You say Durham isn't good enough to start next year, so even with Green's 20+ minutes gone, we suddenly will have the talent next year to replace Durham?

Durham isn't great.  But to think he's not going to be a 20+ minute player next year is inaccurate. 

2 hours ago, Feathery said:

Dakich was saying today on his radio station that if he was Glass, he would be calling Beilein immediately. That these things happen before a coach is fired all the time, gave examples. Said if it’s not a former IU player Beilein or Stevens are the 2 he would get behind. Also stated fundamentals are lacking badly and if you can’t guard a screen other than hedging then you can’t coach. Can’t say I disagree. 

Many excellent coaches use the hedge to manage high screens.

3 hours ago, MikeRoberts said:

I posted last season how players had regressed at the free throw line and at the 3 point line from the time they were with Crean to Archie. Haven’t taken a look this year, would likely need to base it on high school vs Archie for the newer players.

In terms of free throws, Davis is a head scratcher.  Hard to believe he shot 76% from the line as a freshman.  In terms of Green, his free throw shooting was 71% as a freshman and has been between 71 and 74% the last three years.  He shot 44% from three as a freshman and 38% from three since.  Certainly lower, but as a freshman he certainly wasn't a guy that was an offensive focus.

In terms of high school stats....that's not really a fair comparison in terms of level of competition, but here are some notable ones I could find:

Rob shot 35% from three over his high school career and 36% as a senior.

Damezi Anderson shot 37% from three over his high school career up until his senior year.  I am unable to find his senior numbers.

Armaan Franklin shot 37% from three over his high school career, 39% as a senior.

15 minutes ago, CS2 said:

Many excellent coaches use the hedge to manage high screens.

The hedges lately have been particularly much too high and the rotations behind it have been much too late....that's been the biggest problem.  Brunk in particular has gotten into a habit of not timing his recovery well at all.  You need to hedge to force the ball back but then you HAVE to sprint back in position to recover so that whoever has had to shift can get back on their man.  Lately either the underneath shift hasn't taken place or the player hedging has been so late to recovery that there is a player on the wing open.

40 minutes ago, Bobman1 said:

Kind of agree, not even kidding would love to see some fishy recruitment and a Coach that will surely win.

If that is what it takes to win, I guess I have more important things in my life than wanting the team I root for to win.  Anything worth doing well is worth doing right.

**** the Astros mentality.

So which is it......Belein would inherit talent above and beyond what he inherited at Michigan, or one in which a team that has subpar upperclassmen would transfer out to some unnamed player you have starting over him next year?
I mean, name names if you are going to have a point.  You say Durham isn't good enough to start next year, so even with Green's 20+ minutes gone, we suddenly will have the talent next year to replace Durham?
Durham isn't great.  But to think he's not going to be a 20+ minute player next year is inaccurate. 

If Archie is here, he’s playing Durham 25+ minutes no matter how good he is.

3 minutes ago, brumdog45 said:

The hedges lately have been particularly much too high and the rotations behind it have been much too late....that's been the biggest problem.  Brunk in particular has gotten into a habit of not timing his recovery well at all.  You need to hedge to force the ball back but then you HAVE to sprint back in position to recover so that whoever has had to shift can get back on their man.  Lately either the underneath shift hasn't taken place or the player hedging has been so late to recovery that there is a player on the wing open.

High and over stepped IMO.  Hated when Crean used Cody and put him waay too far out.

Just now, CS2 said:

High and over stepped IMO.  Hated when Crean used Cody and put him waay too far out.

Brunk has been the biggest culprit lately.  I'm simply not sure what he is doing.....you hedge to give the player who got screened to get into better position, but Brunk hedges so high -- where he can't keep up with the guard -- that he's giving up the easy pass to the screener.