Thanks for visiting BtownBanners.com!  We noticed you have AdBlock enabled.  While ads can be annoying, we utilize them to provide these forums free of charge to you!  Please consider removing your AdBlock for BtownBanners or consider signing up to donate and help BtownBanners stay alive!  Thank you!

Feathery

Beilein will be available.....

Before Beilein Michigan missed the NCAA tourney from 1999 to 2007. Then missed the first year of his tenure in 2008. Made the NCAA tourney in 2009. Missed in 2010. Then made the tourney in 2011, 2012, 2013, 2014, missed in 2015, made it in 2016, 2017, 2018 and 2019.

Sent from my iPhone using BtownBanners

Yep and their fanbase would have drove him down to Bloomington personally and traded you him for Crean for years.

Sent from my iPhone using BtownBanners mobile app

2 hours ago, Loaded Chicken Sandwich said:

So he’s only going to go somewhere that has a bunch of 3pt shooters? So he’s going nowhere?

Go look at the 3 pt % of Phinisee, Hunter, and Franklin over the last month. It’s the offense and being comfortable in it. The plays have the talent. The staff isn’t getting it out of them. 

Yep and their fanbase would have drove him down to Bloomington personally and traded you him for Crean for years.

By the time Crean hit his stride, Beilein had hit his as well. Both in 2011-2012.

Dakich was saying today on his radio station that if he was Glass, he would be calling Beilein immediately. That these things happen before a coach is fired all the time, gave examples. Said if it’s not a former IU player Beilein or Stevens are the 2 he would get behind. Also stated fundamentals are lacking badly and if you can’t guard a screen other than hedging then you can’t coach. Can’t say I disagree. 

Dakich was saying today on his radio station that if he was Glass, he would be calling Beilein immediately. That these things happen before a coach is fired all the time, gave examples. Said if it’s not a former IU player Beilein or Stevens are the 2 he would get behind. Also stated fundamentals are lacking badly and if you can’t guard a screen other than hedging then you can’t coach. Can’t say I disagree. 

Don’t want Beilein. Agree with everything else. Wish we could find some homerun candidate someplace.

Sent from my iPad using BtownBanners mobile app

Don’t want Beilein. Agree with everything else. Wish we could find some homerun candidate someplace.

What is a home run hire? For me that would be someone who has been coaching at a power conference for several years and having success there. Hard to get those guys to leave but if you go down to a mid major every guy is a risk.

What is a home run hire? For me that would be someone who has been coaching at a power conference for several years and having success there. Hard to get those guys to leave but if you go down to a mid major every guy is a risk.

Yeah, Calipari to UK. Roy Williams to UNC. It’s rare, idk.

I don’t even know who I’d be excited about. Tony Bennett, Billy Donovan.

I’m starting to believe I’ll never be happy with Indiana basketball. Some up and comer can carve out a niche. Who knows who. I’m not convinced Indiana wants to be a top program. Glass spread lies during and after his coaching search.

They took a chance on Archie and it isn’t paying off.

Beilein is the perfect candidate. He could get IU turned around then in 4 or 5 years when he retires IU would be able to possibly get that top tier younger coach. Unfortunately that’s not happening right now. All that said IU’s coach next year will be Archie Miller.

Beilein is the perfect candidate. He could get IU turned around then in 4 or 5 years when he retires IU would be able to possibly get that top tier younger coach. Unfortunately that’s not happening right now. All that said IU’s coach next year will be Archie Miller.

I would bet Beilein doesn’t perform well with this roster either. He is a good coach. He got more from his players than many expected. He wasn’t an Elite coach. No guarantee he’d do well here, especially quickly.

I would bet Beilein doesn’t perform well with this roster either. He is a good coach. He got more from his players than many expected. He wasn’t an Elite coach. No guarantee he’d do well here, especially quickly.

Given what we expect from the admin, no entry to the grey area, Beilein may be the best candidate assuming none of the top dogs are interested.

IU’s biggest issue is the coaching. It’s really bad. That game yesterday didn’t look like they had a scout on Michigan at all.

IU’s biggest issue is the coaching. It’s really bad. That game yesterday didn’t look like they had a scout on Michigan at all.

Not sure.

Coaching is terrible.
Confidence and togetherness is terrible.
Roster construction is bad.
Players are mediocre at best overall. I have never seen what some people claim about some of our players. TJD is only one with star potential. No grit or toughness. Little athleticism. Our most athletic guy plays like a scared poodle.