Thanks for visiting BtownBanners.com!  We noticed you have AdBlock enabled.  While ads can be annoying, we utilize them to provide these forums free of charge to you!  Please consider removing your AdBlock for BtownBanners or consider signing up to donate and help BtownBanners stay alive!  Thank you!

mamasa

IU @ Michigan 2/16 1 pm CBS

Watched on delay. Expected to lose but figured it'd be an 8-12 point deficit so it was even worse than this negative person thought. I'm now only watching to see how bad it can actually get I guess because I know better than to expect something good. Wonder how many fans become detached after these type of performances? It's ugly and it needs a makeover

Sent from my Pixel 3a XL using Tapatalk

4 hours ago, pumpfake said:

Evidently I picked a good day to miss the telecast and only catch a few minutes on the radio.

I did, however, catch the post game radio interview with CAM.  SMH at his comment that our performance was "a bit unacceptable".

I picked a bad day to stop sniffing glue.

By doing plenty of standing around, by not demanding the ball in the post, and by doing very little offensive rebounding.

Today was the first time I’ve seen TJD walk the dog. Everyone has one of those games, hope this is his one and he gets back to playing with purpose.

If he starts doing this most games like his teammates we are in for a world of hurt

Sent from my iPhone using BtownBanners mobile app

10 hours ago, theriverpilot said:

Rooting for Davis to build on that career high

Sent from my iPhone using BtownBanners

The best I have seen him move since ankle injury. IMO still get out of defensive position jumping out on D getting too far away from basket, 9 for 9 fantastic  Also made big boys work

Assembly Call.... 

"It was bafflling how Indiana would feed the post to Brunk, who continued to struggle as he missed numerous point-blank layups and went 3-10 from the field. Every time Brunk gets the ball in the post, its like a black hole because he rarely passes out of it, which when he is not connecting on shots, thats not the best offensive option."

True story.

22 minutes ago, Alford Bailey said:

Assembly Call.... 

"It was bafflling how Indiana would feed the post to Brunk, who continued to struggle as he missed numerous point-blank layups and went 3-10 from the field. Every time Brunk gets the ball in the post, its like a black hole because he rarely passes out of it, which when he is not connecting on shots, thats not the best offensive option."

True story.

I was a strong voice against Brunk at the beginning of the year and felt he should have a 10-15 minute backup role. he did have a few games where he showed that I may be wrong but lately it's mostly what I thought. 

He just cannot play defense and for some reason this team uses him as the focal point of the offense. They are correct that once he touches the ball he is going to shoot it, its frustrating how much he gets the ball vs TJD. Why he continues to start along with Smith is basically malpractice. You have two players that are offensive black holes playing a majority of your minutes. 

5 minutes ago, IUc2016 said:

I was a strong voice against Brunk at the beginning of the year and felt he should have a 10-15 minute backup role. he did have a few games where he showed that I may be wrong but lately it's mostly what I thought. 

He just cannot play defense and for some reason this team uses him as the focal point of the offense. They are correct that once he touches the ball he is going to shoot it, its frustrating how much he gets the ball vs TJD. Why he continues to start along with Smith is basically malpractice. You have two players that are offensive black holes playing a majority of your minutes. 

Well yesterday I’m told he got the ball because unlike TJD he was calling for it while TJD was more passive 

7 minutes ago, Brass Cannon said:

Well yesterday I’m told he got the ball because unlike TJD he was calling for it while TJD was more passive 

a bit on him yes. He did not have a great game. 

But when you continually watch Joey Brunk catch it from 15 feet out and back someone down for 10 seconds while everyone else stands around you might be like the rest of us and get a little frustrated. 

1 minute ago, IUc2016 said:

a bit on him yes. He did not have a great game. 

But when you continually watch Joey Brunk catch it from 15 feet out and back someone down for 10 seconds while everyone else stands around you might be like the rest of us and get a little frustrated. 

Over the course of 3 seasons we have seen close to 20 scholarship players be ineffective and not playing intelligently.  

This is not a player problem.  Brunk has a role to play but it’s not to his strengths. That’s on Archie. 

Frankly Archie’s entire tenure reminds me of Crean with his man to man zone switch 

1 minute ago, Brass Cannon said:

Over the course of 3 seasons we have seen close to 20 scholarship players be ineffective and not playing intelligently.  

This is not a player problem.  Brunk has a role to play but it’s not to his strengths. That’s on Archie. 

Frankly Archie’s entire tenure reminds me of Crean with his man to man zone switch 

I am not faulting Joey Brunk for what he is. He could have a really good role to play on this team as an energy guy that gets rebounds and put backs. Not as a primary post option.

So yes, I am blaming this staff for continually putting him in bad spots offensively and defensively.  

Just now, Loaded Chicken Sandwich said:

Brunk is a role player. And one that should be coming off the bench. He came off the bench at Butler for a reason. That’s just what he is. Now if TJD could shoot like Watford, Brunks starting spot would make more sense.

Sent from my iPhone using BtownBanners

Honestly DeRon has been more capable than Joey lately. I hate to Joey bash as I really like him as a person and teammate. But he has a role he could play, it just isn't the one he has.