Thanks for visiting BtownBanners.com!  We noticed you have AdBlock enabled.  While ads can be annoying, we utilize them to provide these forums free of charge to you!  Please consider removing your AdBlock for BtownBanners or consider signing up to donate and help BtownBanners stay alive!  Thank you!

JerryYeagley23

Game Thread - Iowa vs. YOUR Indiana Hoosiers (2/13 @8pm ET on BTN)

19 minutes ago, JerryYeagley23 said:

Been a low couple weeks, but consider this:

Saturday there’s a real possibility 1) ILL lose at Rutgers, and 2) Mich St. gets beat by Maryland.

Which would mean:

Entering our game at Michigan on Sunday, IU would be 1-game back in the loss column from a tie for 3rd place in the B1G. 

Advantage to staying where we are in the standings. Get to play Northwestern in the BTT

How many more games can Danny Green come to? I would love to see Green go on a late season run. I know it might be doubtful but if he could then think of the possibilities. Could be like that UConn team a few years back.

Dreaming a little sure so I would settle for half of that run.

Sent from my iPhone using BtownBanners

Just watched Frans presser. I cannot really stand him in games but I love his postgame presser. I am not sure I really heard many stupid cliches but instead he looks at a stat sheet and makes comments from that.

Compared fast break points. Rebounds. Our 3 point shooting. How they doubled teamed incorrectly

So much better than Izzo and even Archie’s after a loss.

1 hour ago, Brass Cannon said:

Advantage to staying where we are in the standings. Get to play Northwestern in the BTT

That would mean 12th in the Big Ten, though.  Win against Northwestern would do nothing for our resume.  Loss would eliminate us.

Minnesota bears watching at this point.  12-11 overall bug killer SOS.  But a 3-4 finish for them puts them at .500.

7 hours ago, Alford Bailey said:

Surely it wasnt Doyel? He isnt that stupid is he?

Doyle is defending himself from a lot of flack.  The premise of the question is fine...it was the confrontational way he asked it especially after DG asked him to elaborate.  Poorly executed on Doyle's part.

That would mean 12th in the Big Ten, though.  Win against Northwestern would do nothing for our resume.  Loss would eliminate us.
Minnesota bears watching at this point.  12-11 overall bug killer SOS.  But a 3-4 finish for them puts them at .500.

Depends on how many wins IU had total in 12 place. It they finished 12th and say they went 8-12 with an overall record of 18-13. A win against northwestern would just add the win total to 19 which would probably get them an at large bid depending on how others do around the bubble. Lose to Northwestern in that situation and you lose one of your advantages that IU would have against other bubble teams which is no bad losses. Minny has played a top 5 SOS. Playing Minny will improve IU’s overall SOS. Should be an interesting next 7 games

Sent from my iPhone using BtownBanners mobile app

10 hours ago, rcs29 said:

Race Thompson can stay for 7 years if he'd like imo

Sent from my Pixel 3a XL using Tapatalk

Race plays with heart.Wish it would rub off on a couple other members of this team.

I also wish he was about 4 inches taller.

Reminds me a bit of Darrel Thomas being undersized but great at positioning and instinct.

Love the kid.

10 hours ago, brumdog45 said:

Very little court time for Franklin today.  When that happens, it's because our first three guards played well enough.  45 points and 10 threes between Green, RP, and Durham.

That and the fact that in the limited time he was on the floor he had two plays where an Iowa player blew right past him for a layup (ie "matador defense").

Thoughts: Hoosiers played great in a must-win game. From the beginning it was evident it’d be one of those lights out games from 3 and they needed it. All loose balls seemed to have a few Hoosiers either around it or on the ground and those forced turnovers in the first half really helped. Race and DeRon played great underneath and gave it their all. This may not have been Brunk’s night but it was refreshing to see a few others step up in place for him. Jerome played solid for the most part today and I loved how much he was out there.

On the downside, these type of games don’t happen often and I still think it’s important to see this Hoosier team play well without being unconscious from deep. I also think tonight was a good learning opportunity for TJD. Sure he played well and put up some nice stats, but he played against the best big man he’ll face all year and got a few shots sent back and didn’t hunt his shot quite enough when Garza wasn’t on him. Armaan didn’t have his best game and rode the pine for a majority which I’m fine with when Devonte’s playing that well.

Overall, loved the fight in the Hoosiers in an incredible bounce back game. Hopefully they can get streaky again on Sunday and make some real noise. Go Hoosiers

2 hours ago, CS2 said:

Doubtful and there shouldn't be.  Gregggg is getting hammered on the open market for it.

Reminds me of the time IU beat Butler and he approached Crean's wife and daughter to bring up the possiblity of Crean getting replaced by Brad Stevens..

https://www.indystar.com/story/sports/columnists/gregg-doyel/2014/12/20/doyel-for-a-day-hoosiers-quiet-the-brad-stevens-noise/20705131/