Thanks for visiting BtownBanners.com!  We noticed you have AdBlock enabled.  While ads can be annoying, we utilize them to provide these forums free of charge to you!  Please consider removing your AdBlock for BtownBanners or consider signing up to donate and help BtownBanners stay alive!  Thank you!

JerryYeagley23

Game Thread - Iowa vs. YOUR Indiana Hoosiers (2/13 @8pm ET on BTN)

I’m guessing Doyle was the one that asked the question

This is the 4th time I’ve seen Garza score over 30 and Iowa lost. With Iowa take away the threes and let Garza get his. smiths defense on Weiscamp was huge

Sent from my iPhone using BtownBanners

Doyle was my first thought. He’s an interesting character

Sent from my iPhone using BtownBanners mobile app

I’m guessing Doyle was the one that asked the question

This is the 4th time I’ve seen Garza score over 30 and Iowa lost. With Iowa take away the threes and let Garza get his. smiths defense on Weiscamp was huge

A lot are guessing the same on Twitter trying to figure it out.

15 minutes ago, brumdog45 said:

Luka Garza played 39 minutes and 40 seconds.  Only sat for the last possession of the first half.

Hawks have to turnaround and head to the Barn on Sunday...how much stamina does the big guy have.  What a performance, dude is scoring machine.  

Enjoyed this game and enjoyed this effort. I wish for our sake and Greens sake he could be like this on a more regular basis.

Garza is unreal. We recruited him a bit. Never thought he’d be this good.

I predicted this win. Now we go lose on the road, and it all starts back up.

Sent from my iPad using BtownBanners

3 minutes ago, WayneFleekHoosier said:

Enjoyed this game and enjoyed this effort. I wish for our sake and Greens sake he could be like this on a more regular basis.

Garza is unreal. We recruited him a bit. Never thought he’d be this good.

I predicted this win. Now we go lose on the road, and it all starts back up.

Sent from my iPad using BtownBanners

Article I read on him basically said by all rights Maryland should have gotten him.  They thought he was too slow and didn't fit their program.

1 minute ago, Uspshoosier said:

For teams, past differences in home and road performance are not useful in anticipating future differences in home and road performance.

Ken Pomeroy

So I assume that Pom uses a generic average number for home advantage?

Heck of a recruiting story as well. Watched his special on the Journey and he was from the DC area and coached in high school by Lefty Driesell’s son. Lefty was Maryland coach for 19 years. His son asked Lefty to come watch Garza play as a junior. Lefty contacted Turgeon and coach K and told them they needed to sign him. He was told he wasn’t what they were looking for and too slow. Fran got in early because he saw him play at a Nike top 100 event where other coaches couldn’t attend. Fran could because his son was playing at the event. He offered after that. Heck of a story about a kid that put in the work and continues to put in work. Kid had surgery during the season last year to remove a sist the size of a basketball and came back and played that year

Quote this again for people talking about Garza’s recruitment