Thanks for visiting BtownBanners.com!  We noticed you have AdBlock enabled.  While ads can be annoying, we utilize them to provide these forums free of charge to you!  Please consider removing your AdBlock for BtownBanners or consider signing up to donate and help BtownBanners stay alive!  Thank you!

JerryYeagley23

Game Thread - Iowa vs. YOUR Indiana Hoosiers (2/13 @8pm ET on BTN)

If we put Brunk on Garza intentially, Arch needs to be fired during the press conference after (Dang, sorry.  Wrong thread.)  No chance Brunk guards Garza unless it's a busted switch or whatever.  Gotta be TJD, right?  No matter who gets him, it will be a tough cover.

I’m sure Brunk will guard him. Can’t risk TJD getting in foul trouble. We can handle Brunk betting on the bench better.

Sent from my iPhone using BtownBanners mobile app

1 minute ago, Loaded Chicken Sandwich said:

I’m sure Brunk will guard him. Can’t risk TJD getting in foul trouble. We can handle Brunk betting on the bench better.

True.  As someone else said earlier, I do like Race as a potential option as well.  

1 hour ago, Loaded Chicken Sandwich said:

Yeah, I don't see a scenario where we put TJD as the primary defender on him.  There's no backup contingency for him going to the bench.  I also don't see a scenario where Iowa uses Garza as a primary defender on TJD.  Neither team will want to risk fouls.

I'd rather have Brunk/Davis/Thompson on Garza pushing hard on him and let the fouls come where they may.  Garza's only so so at the line.

5 hours ago, InArchWeTrust said:

I heard the place was amped then halftime happened and everyone was emotionally spent for the second half.  It didn't help IU didn't show up the second half either...

This is accurate.

8 minutes ago, JerryYeagley23 said:

Usually lines moving this close to game time is because smart money comes in. Interesting. Did someone say Bohannon was questionable for tonight? 

Bohannon has been out for the season for a while now.

2 minutes ago, Stuhoo said:

Bohannon has been out for the season for a while now.

That’s right. I was thinking of Weiskamp, that maybe he was hurt or something. The poster was obviously being funny about Bohannon showing up and deciding to play tonight to beat us. 

Garza has been impressive. I sure never pictured him as a POY candidate last season.

Heck of a recruiting story as well. Watched his special on the Journey and he was from the DC area and coached in high school by Lefty Driesell’s son. Lefty was Maryland coach for 19 years. His son asked Lefty to come watch Garza play as a junior. Lefty contacted Turgeon and coach K and told them they needed to sign him. He was told he wasn’t what they were looking for and too slow. Fran got in early because he saw him play at a Nike top 100 event where other coaches couldn’t attend. Fran could because his son was playing at the event. He offered after that. Heck of a story about a kid that put in the work and continues to put in work. Kid had surgery during the season last year to remove a sist the size of a basketball and came back and played that year

4 minutes ago, Uspshoosier said:

Heck of a recruiting story as well. Watched his special on the Journey and he was from the DC area and coached in high school by Lefty Driesell’s son. Lefty was Maryland coach for 19 years. His son asked Lefty to come watch Garza play as a junior. Lefty contacted Turgeon and coach K and told them they needed to sign him. He was told he wasn’t what they were looking for and too slow. Fran got in early because he saw him play at a Nike top 100 event where other coaches couldn’t attend. Fran could because his son was playing at the event. He offered after that. Heck of a story about a kid that put in the work and continues to put in work. Kid had surgery during the season last year to remove a sist the size of a basketball and came back and played that year

Cool story.

I’d love to say something positive about Archie and this team. Question is....will they play hard enough to warrant anything positive to be said. I sure hope so.
Unfortunately, Hope is a four letter word.

GO HOOSIERS! EARN IT!

Sent from my iPad using BtownBanners

Fisch and Suhr talking about effort, passion and leadership.... WTH!

Come on! This is INDIANA! It’s a given that you have effort, passion and leadership to be on the team. I don’t get it. When did these not be qualities required to be an IU HOOSIER. I must be getting old.

Sent from my iPad using BtownBanners

31 minutes ago, Uspshoosier said:

I just watched his Journey special on Youtube. Hes the kind of kid I like to root for.