Thanks for visiting BtownBanners.com!  We noticed you have AdBlock enabled.  While ads can be annoying, we utilize them to provide these forums free of charge to you!  Please consider removing your AdBlock for BtownBanners or consider signing up to donate and help BtownBanners stay alive!  Thank you!

Stuhoo

We Have TWO Open Schollys For Next Year?!?

Just now, Brass Cannon said:

I will play Al al day long over Devonte since his issue ability not attitude. Same with Franklin he’s a freshmen making less mistakes than a senior. There’s 80 minutes at the two guard spots. You don’t need 4 guards 

Amen!!! Devonte is an emergency only guy. Foul trouble or injury. If for some reason you think you need to play him, give him 3 minutes in the first half and tell him if he makes shots he will play in the 2nd half. If he turns it over he's done for the game

I will play Al al day long over Devonte since his issue ability not attitude. Same with Franklin he’s a freshmen making less mistakes than a senior. There’s 80 minutes at the two guard spots. You don’t need 4 guards 

That’s why I would start Franklin and honestly play him 30 minutes. Play Rob 30. And play Al 20. Things aren’t working as they are being played now. If you’re worried about you’re job, you make drastic changes. Which is why I’d move Brunk to the bench and Hunter in to start. And I know that’ll make some butthurt because of their love affair with Brunk.

Sent from my iPhone using BtownBanners mobile app

Just now, Loaded Chicken Sandwich said:

That’s why I would start Franklin and honestly play him 30 minutes. Play Rob 30. And play Al 20. Things aren’t working as they are being played now. If you’re worried about you’re job, you make drastic changes. Which is why I’d move Brunk to the bench and Hunter in to start. And I know that’ll make some butthurt because of their love affair with Brunk.

Yes because then 4 of your starters are freshman or sophomores so you start building for next year. About Brunk my wife has always said that Indiana fans need their great white hope to be on the floor. 

2 minutes ago, Loaded Chicken Sandwich said:

Agree with all of this 100%. Question: Is Archie worried about his job?

Now this I agree with. Won’t believe it will happen til I see it though

1 hour ago, Loaded Chicken Sandwich said:

I'm still not getting the pot shots at Brunk.  I can't say that he's the greatest at anything but he does have that one intangible that rest of the team (except maybe TJD) doesn't have; he hustles his a** off.  And he's possibly our best rebounder as well.  Count me as guilty for being "butthurt" for liking a player that plays hard. 

With that said, I do agree with your point that maybe he should be 6th man off the bench to open the spacing and Hunter should be starting in place of Smith.

I'm still not getting the pot shots at Brunk.  I can't say that he's the greatest at anything but he does have that one intangible that rest of the team (except maybe TJD) doesn't have; he hustles his a** off.  And he's possibly our best rebounder as well.  Count me as guilty for being "butthurt" for liking a player that plays hard. 
With that said, I do agree with your point that maybe he should be 6th man off the bench to open the spacing and Hunter should be starting in place of Smith.

Brunk is the 2nd best rebounder. And he does hustle. But the floor needs to be spaced and we need athletes on the floor. The two bigs things just ain’t working. It would be different if we were just killing people in the paint and on the birds, but we aren’t.

3 hours ago, Chris007 said:

I absolutely think Anderson will leave but that's just my opinion. 

Mine as well.  he is good enough to start in the MAC.

2 minutes ago, Loaded Chicken Sandwich said:

Brunk is the 2nd best rebounder. And he does hustle. But the floor needs to be spaced and we need athletes on the floor. The two bigs things just ain’t working. It would be different if we were just killing people in the paint and on the birds, but we aren’t.

Best, 2nd best....point being is that he's productive.  I'm still on board with your point about unclogging the floor and having better spacing.  There's just no where to go on offense at times.

7 minutes ago, Loaded Chicken Sandwich said:

IMO consistent outside shooting fixes the spacing issues.  AM needs to use a ship on a sharpshooting grad transfer.

1 minute ago, CS2 said:

IMO consistent outside shooting fixes the spacing issues.  AM needs to use a ship on a sharpshooting grad transfer.

Totally agree but unfortunately I don't see anyone getting hot from outside this year.  Well, except for Hunter.  

24 minutes ago, Loaded Chicken Sandwich said:

if we were just killing people in the paint and on the birds, but we aren’t.

Agree with the part about being on the 'birds'. I think we would all enjoy that. :)

2 hours ago, ap2345 said:

This is the only thing I can come up with as to why Archie is continuing to play the same players. 

A) He feels they are the best option to win and he feels like he is fighting for his job.

or 

B) He is being forced to by the administration and that's why he hasn't been able to show anyone the door.

or 

C) He has gotten his $ and doesn't have the fight he did at Dayton. He's gotten lazy and lost his edge which is why his teams aren't as well coached. 

I honestly don't know what else to think.

Option B would upset me. IU wants Archie to be the coach but won’t let him play the players it takes to win. That’d be ridiculous

1 hour ago, theriverpilot said:

Totally agree but unfortunately I don't see anyone getting hot from outside this year.  Well, except for Hunter.  

He needs to bring in a GT that can shoot.  Should have done it last year.

1 hour ago, Hoosier Guy said:

Option B would upset me. IU wants Archie to be the coach but won’t let him play the players it takes to win. That’d be ridiculous

Even if that were the case, we are two under on scholarships this year.  It’s not like the spots weren’t there to add a player or two.