Thanks for visiting BtownBanners.com!  We noticed you have AdBlock enabled.  While ads can be annoying, we utilize them to provide these forums free of charge to you!  Please consider removing your AdBlock for BtownBanners or consider signing up to donate and help BtownBanners stay alive!  Thank you!

Str8Hoosiers

Prediction League (Game 24 - Iowa 2/13/20)

Another fork in the road game.  I'm still kicking myself over the Purdue game.  Everything in my head said to pick the Boilers but my heart saw it the other way.  Drats!  Another opportunity lost.  Thing is I'm about to do it again.

On paper this is Iowa's game to lose.  I know they are only 3-5 on the road, while IU is 12-3 at home.  But Iowa can score the basketball and the Hoosiers are struggling, even with home cooking.  According to Sagarin Iowa is 3-5 against the top 25 and IU is 2-4.  Against the top 50 they are 8-5 while we check in at 4-7.  Doesn't look good for the Hoosiers.  Indiana is 9-12 against common opponents while Iowa has a winning record at 11-10.  Against "like" opponents Iowa is 10-6 and IU is 6-8.  Basically Iowa is a better team based on records.

We are dragging a four game losing streak into this one and are starting to see our tourney chances start to dwindle.  I guess you could say that we have our backs up to the wall and we desperately need to win this game.  I feel that.  Do the players?  Do they even care?  The doubts are growing.  Don't we all wish we had that Maryland game back?

I'll ignore my head again (never a good thing) and go with my gut feeling that the Hoosiers are going to play well in this one.  I'm counting on the Iowa defense to be the Iowa defense and we can jump start the offense in this one.

IU 79  Iowa 75

Seems any positive change we see with this team is short lived, but I think they play a little more inspired in this one. Hopefully, Iowa's defense helps a little too. Be nice to see a Fran meltdown as well.

IU 80

Iowa 74