Thanks for visiting BtownBanners.com!  We noticed you have AdBlock enabled.  While ads can be annoying, we utilize them to provide these forums free of charge to you!  Please consider removing your AdBlock for BtownBanners or consider signing up to donate and help BtownBanners stay alive!  Thank you!

KDynamite

Bobby Knight Court

I’m not going to go into all the reasons this needs to happen, and I am not going to debate it with people that are either too young to remember all this man did for IU Basketball or too self righteous to let the anger go. Sadly our general may not be here with us much longer...no time to waste, this needs to happen ASAP!

There is not another coach of Bob Knight’s caliber that doesn’t have either a court or an arena named after him. Why did they never put McCracken’s name on the court? You are probably right about Knight not allowing it, but something should be done to honor him...it’s time to put this behind us and embrace his legacy and honor him!

2 minutes ago, Stuhoo said:

I could see 17th Street being name-shared as Bobby Knight Way.

Thoughts?

Personally, I don’t think that’s enough of an honor. It needs to be the arena or the court in some way...I could see Knight McCracken Court!

6 minutes ago, KDynamite said:

Personally, I don’t think that’s enough of an honor. It needs to be the arena or the court in some way...I could see Knight McCracken Court!

I can’t, but I guess anything’s possible.

44 minutes ago, Loaded Chicken Sandwich said:

There needs to be a statue inside the newly built part as soon as you walk in. Along with the “arena” being named after him.

Sent from my iPhone using BtownBanners

Agree. You walk into Simon Skjodt Assembly Hall, then through the doors into Bob Knight Arena, and then look out onto Branch McCracken Court. 

And I guarantee a statue will be put up now, probably right in front.

In my opinion they really should have a dedicated museum to IU basketball. I have always said if they do that they should in his name. A place to keep the All Americans, All Conference, and personal awards.

26 minutes ago, mdn82 said:

In my opinion they really should have a dedicated museum to IU basketball. I have always said if they do that they should in his name. A place to keep the All Americans, All Conference, and personal awards.

I thought thats the front part of Cook Hall?  I've only been there once, so maybe not. It felt museumish anyway. 

So what you’re saying is... build a brand new basketball arena... and turn Assembly Hall into a museum? Genius! I mean... it’s gotta happen at some point. Assembly Hall can’t be used forever.

Sent from my iPhone using BtownBanners mobile app

So what you’re saying is... build a brand new basketball arena... and turn Assembly Hall into a museum? Genius! I mean... it’s gotta happen at some point. Assembly Hall can’t be used forever.

Honestly I wouldn’t mind a new arena at this point. I love AH. I have been to a ton of games in my life. But the symbolic significance just isn’t there. That wouldn’t be a horrible idea.

Honestly I wouldn’t mind a new arena at this point. I love AH. I have been to a ton of games in my life. But the symbolic significance just isn’t there. That wouldn’t be a horrible idea.

Same. Wouldn’t mind a new modern arena. Something that probably should have already happened.

A new one that holds 20k and has better seating all the way around.