Thanks for visiting BtownBanners.com!  We noticed you have AdBlock enabled.  While ads can be annoying, we utilize them to provide these forums free of charge to you!  Please consider removing your AdBlock for BtownBanners or consider signing up to donate and help BtownBanners stay alive!  Thank you!

mookied39

Youtube/vids of THE RETURN!!

57 minutes ago, Napleshoosier said:

What a great interview with Pat Knight. emoji106.png Goodman

Sent from my iPad using BtownBanners

Great interview. And he certainly had an interesting take on all of the rumors and how off base they have been. It's wonderful Pat could convince Coach to move back to Bloomington where he has so many people who care about him.

On 2/9/2020 at 5:17 PM, Josh said:

I'd also like to add that my favorite part could have been when he made Keith Smart run a stamina drill.  I swear I was about to do one too.  

That chop drill was the reason I only went to the Bob Knight b-ball camp once growing up lol. Taylor University was a better experience for me as a little baller.

it was a beautiful moment that needed to happen and one I personally didn’t think would. The curse was born because he wouldn’t come back. He’s been back so the curse is gone. It’s that simple. Hopefully, this spurs the university to hire an athletic director who has a plan to return us to prominence. It won’t be easy and we can see how far we need to go. But there’s a clean slate now and I’m excited for that.

9 hours ago, hoosierdogg said:

Anyone have a list of all the former players that were there?  So cool to see players from three decades together.  

I saw Stew Robinson and Garrett from the 87 team. I was trying to point them out to my son but got choked up after seeing Stew. His players love him and it was evident Knight loves them back. 

11 hours ago, hoosierdogg said:

Two old warriors, former arch rivals, now good friends, honored in Indy at a Pacers game.  No matter what you think of Keady, or Knight, two of the best old school coaches of college basketball.  How cool is this? 

Coach Keady was at the Indiana-Purdue game Saturday in Bloomington, standing to applaud and honor his old nemesis/friend on his return to Assembly Hall and reunion with his players. It was Keady's first time back in AH since 2005.  

image.thumb.png.242d7376e6200cca77a03a9c29f679dc.png

These 2 coaches sure made for many, many spirited fun games for us fans. Those of us who were around to see and attend those games were certainly fortunate.

I saw Stew Robinson and Garrett from the 87 team. I was trying to point them out to my son but got choked up after seeing Stew. His players love him and it was evident Knight loves them back. 

I used to talk to Stew on campus. Knight really recruited the I-69 corridor.

Sent from my iPhone using BtownBanners mobile app