Thanks for visiting BtownBanners.com!  We noticed you have AdBlock enabled.  While ads can be annoying, we utilize them to provide these forums free of charge to you!  Please consider removing your AdBlock for BtownBanners or consider signing up to donate and help BtownBanners stay alive!  Thank you!

mookied39

Youtube/vids of THE RETURN!!

He clearly gained strength when his players came in for the hugs. The emotions on his face at that time were clearly of love.  He is a tough old coot, but his love for those guys was so obvious. This Hoosier fan is thrilled for everyone that this happened. 

4 minutes ago, mdn82 said:

Yeah watching Coach Knight in person walk into AH was worth watching that **** show. It seems some were expecting more than what he gave. You could feel his emotion in the crowd, but you could really feel the emotion of his players. Coming from someone that didn’t care either way if he came back. I would also be willing to bet Knight gets bashed tomorrow on Dakich’s show.

Sent from my iPhone using BtownBanners

Did it all seem a little awkward?

1 hour ago, mdn82 said:

I would also be willing to bet Knight gets bashed tomorrow on Dakich’s show.

Of course he will!  It's what he does.  He will also have a jab or two at a few of the players that were there too for whatever reason.  It's interesting that on a few of his shows last week he was saying a lot of the former players were lying to him about Knight coming back.  My guess is Dakich really wasn't wanted there.

29 minutes ago, InArchWeTrust said:

Of course he will!  It's what he does.  He will also have a jab or two at a few of the players that were there too for whatever reason.  It's interesting that on a few of his shows last week he was saying a lot of the former players were lying to him about Knight coming back.  My guess is Dakich really wasn't wanted there.

I wonder if someone in the admin demanded he doesn’t call IU games anymore. He hasn’t been on one all year. 

Edit: He called the game after ours on ESPN yesterday so by design or not, he never was going to be there for the Knight thing. 

I wonder if someone in the admin demanded he doesn’t call IU games anymore. He hasn’t been on one all year. 

Edit: He called the game after ours on ESPN yesterday so by design or not, he never was going to be there for the Knight thing. 

Originally he was supposed to call this game then ESPN changed it to Dickie V.

Sent from my iPhone using BtownBanners mobile app

2 hours ago, InArchWeTrust said:

He is in a tough spot because he has trashed Knight and some of the players that support him.  He wasn't included in the process so I imagine he wants to bash the whole thing but knows the few listeners he still has will blast him for it.

It was a wonderful moment.  I've never seen such a smile on Coach's face.  He certainly warmed to the moment once all his players came out to him.  Really wonderful to see.

Regarding he and Vitale, it was certainly playful between two long time friends.  It looked like Vitale tried to hug him, but Coach was really fired up at that point and playing to his crowd.

A friend near the two told me he heard Coach ask for the headset from Vitale.  Good decision not to let him have it lol

It was a wonderful moment.  I've never seen such a smile on Coach's face.  He certainly warmed to the moment once all his players came out to him.  Really wonderful to see.
Regarding he and Vitale, it was certainly playful between two long time friends.  It looked like Vitale tried to hug him, but Coach was really fired up at that point and playing to his crowd.
A friend near the two told me he heard Coach ask for the headset from Vitale.  Good decision not to let him have it lol

Pat talked about that on the Goodman podcast. He said he told him to go mess with Vitale. Interesting listen if you got the time

Did it all seem a little awkward?

Not really. We were across from where he came in and 12th row. It just looked like he was taking it all in at first. Then it seemed when he started getting emotional he would start playing to the crowd. I have been to many games and events in my lifetime and I have never seen a smile as big on his face. Complete joke here, but maybe that’s why it was so awkward to some. Pat was pretty emotional throughout. At one point we saw Vitale sobbing like crazy. I was more emotional than I thought I would be. Really cool moment.

Thanks for posting. Really enjoyed listening to that. Great for coach and his family but also for so many players who also have not been back or have been back as often as they would have liked had there been no rift

Also interesting to hear Pat talk about coach not want any a**holes there. Not sure if that was part of why DD got moved to another game but...

It was also interesting to hear Pat talk how great Archie has been during this. Certainly not an endorsement but it can’t hurt to have the Knights in your corner.

Lastly it seemed that Scott Dolson was one of the people that really helped make this happen. While it was player driven, having a former manager under RMK be the sole person from the university to help make this happen has to increase his likelihood of him getting the job full time.

I know some of these were reading things that weren’t asked but i thought it was interesting nonetheless

2 hours ago, Uspshoosier said:

Pat talked about that on the Goodman podcast. He said he told him to go mess with Vitale. Interesting listen if you got the time

Thank you for that.  This was a great listen.  

He really hated the anonymous internet frauds didn't he?  That was refreshing to hear