Thanks for visiting BtownBanners.com!  We noticed you have AdBlock enabled.  While ads can be annoying, we utilize them to provide these forums free of charge to you!  Please consider removing your AdBlock for BtownBanners or consider signing up to donate and help BtownBanners stay alive!  Thank you!

Class of '66 Old Fart

2023 General Recruiting Thread (BBall)

Dravyn Gibbs-Lawhorn a 6' PG from McCutcheon HS in Lafayette (Rob's school).  Article below indicates we had an assistant at last night's game against Lafayette Jeff --  he scored 28 pts. on 11-17 FG but Jeff won 72-68.

https://247sports.com/college/basketball/recruiting/Article/Dra-Gibbs-Lawhorn-2023-basketball-recruiting-Indiana-Purdue-Northwestern-143483711/

Per MaxPreps through 17 games he's averaging 19.2 ppg; 3 rpg; 1 assist; 1 steal.  

Dravyn Gibbs-Lawhorn a 6' PG from McCutcheon HS in Lafayette (Rob's school).  Article below indicates we had an assistant at last night's game against Lafayette Jeff --  he scored 28 pts. on 11-17 FG but Jeff won 72-68.

https://247sports.com/college/basketball/recruiting/Article/Dra-Gibbs-Lawhorn-2023-basketball-recruiting-Indiana-Purdue-Northwestern-143483711/

Per MaxPreps through 17 games he's averaging 19.2 ppg; 3 rpg; 1 assist; 1 steal.  

19 pts. 1 assist PG.

Can’t make any assumptions here but would like to see 3 or 4 with 19 ppg

Sent from my iPad using BtownBanners mobile app

19 pts. 1 assist PG.
Can’t make any assumptions here but would like to see 3 or 4 with 19 ppg

Sent from my iPad using BtownBanners mobile app

Possible he’s not in the role to pass the ball. Might not have any players around him. I know They’ve been down on talent the last couple of years.

Sent from my iPhone using BtownBanners mobile app

Purely FWIW.  MaxPreps Freshmen All-American Team.  Interesting to look back in a couple of years to see if any ever receive an IU offer.  Only one Indiana kid made the list and that was Jalen Hooks of Franklin Central who was named Honorable Mention.

https://www.maxpreps.com/news/7_wtaf1svkaQeeIUm_XPYA/maxpreps-2019-20-boys-basketball-freshman-all-american-team.htm

4 hours ago, Class of '66 Old Fart said:

Purely FWIW.  MaxPreps Freshmen All-American Team.  Interesting to look back in a couple of years to see if any ever receive an IU offer.  Only one Indiana kid made the list and that was Jalen Hooks of Franklin Central who was named Honorable Mention.

https://www.maxpreps.com/news/7_wtaf1svkaQeeIUm_XPYA/maxpreps-2019-20-boys-basketball-freshman-all-american-team.htm

Obviously no idea who Archie might be interested in, but I can tell you that from that list Illinois watched Jayden Nicholson a couple of times this winter. 6’4” lefty. Smooth stroke. Good athlete. Tough kid. Watched him against Ryan Kalkbrenner, 6’11” shotblocker going to Creighton, and Nicholson took the ball at him every chance he got. Pretty gutsy for a freshman.

18 hours ago, Class of '66 Old Fart said:

Purely FWIW.  MaxPreps Freshmen All-American Team.  Interesting to look back in a couple of years to see if any ever received an IU offer. 

Yes, I quoted myself.   From the MaxPreps 2016-2017 Freshmen All American Team  

2nd Team - Nimari Burnett - IU offer July '18 - Committed to Texas Tech

3rd Team  - D. J. Steward - IU offer May '19 - Committed to Duke

Honorable Mention - R. J. Davis - IU offer May '19 - Committed to UNC

2017-2018 Freshmen All American Team

1st Team - Terrence Clarke - IU offer July '18 - Committed to pUKe

He doesn't have an IU offer but Jalen Blackmon was named to the 2nd Team

3rd Team - Caleb Furst - IU offer October '18 - Committed to PUke

3rd Team - Aminu Mohammed - IU offer July '19 - Uncommitted

3rd Team - Trey Patterson - IU offer June '19 - Uncommitted

3rd Team - Carter Whitt - IU offer ?? - Uncommitted

Honorable Mention - Max Christie - IU Offer June '19 - Uncommitted

2018-2019 Freshmen All American Team

We have not extended any offers to anyone on this list.  Reggie Bass formerly of Muncie Central was named Honorable Mention.

The Daily Hoosier - Indiana showing interest in class of 2023 Taylor Bowen. Iowa already offered. 

6'7" SF from St. George's HS in Middleton, RI.  Plays AAU for Expressions Elite on the EYBL circuit (when there is one).  No stats available on MaxPreps.

Zagsblog

HUDL

I wasn't sure if we were all that interested but saw this tweeted earlier today.

Just spoke to Darrion Brooks, the younger brother of Keion Brooks Jr. He says his favorite schools right now are Syracuse, Indiana, Kentucky, Purdue, and Michigan.

On 4/25/2020 at 8:00 AM, Class of '66 Old Fart said:

Ok, not sure if this an epiphany or a 1 time thing, but this is the 1st time I’ve looked at a picture or video of a kid and felt a little creepy because of how young the kid is. Has definitely thrown my worldview into disarray, at least for a minute,

23 hours ago, Demo said:

Ok, not sure if this an epiphany or a 1 time thing, but this is the 1st time I’ve looked at a picture or video of a kid and felt a little creepy because of how young the kid is. Has definitely thrown my worldview into disarray, at least for a minute,

You obviously never saw Luke Brown as a freshman. He looked like he was 12. 

I watched him play this year at noblesville. Physical freak but played like a baby giraffe trying to learn to walk. No doubt he’ll show vast improvement this year and by his junior year should be a stud. Very undisciplined right now but that’s expected from a frosh.

Sent from my iPhone using BtownBanners mobile app

Way too early but there is a longstanding connection to IU and its basketball history.

Gus Yalden already 6'10" and 240 lbs., lays claim to Donald "Danny" Danielson as his great uncle who served as an IU trustee from 1958-80.

https://www.thedailyhoosier.com/iu-basketball-recruiting-2023-forward-gus-yalden-has-a-unique-connection-to-indiana/?fbclid=IwAR2SuHKC7928uqIcv8y-k9sV8VZt_HTNGDdxHCc4y6zA4cz_sRvzbFg3pjU

Way too early but there is a longstanding connection to IU and its basketball history.
Gus Yalden already 6'10" and 240 lbs., lays claim to Donald "Danny" Danielson as his great uncle who served as an IU trustee from 1958-80.
https://www.thedailyhoosier.com/iu-basketball-recruiting-2023-forward-gus-yalden-has-a-unique-connection-to-indiana/?fbclid=IwAR2SuHKC7928uqIcv8y-k9sV8VZt_HTNGDdxHCc4y6zA4cz_sRvzbFg3pjU

So he's Luka Doncic

Sent from my SM-G920V using Tapatalk

4'28" interview with Dra Gibbs-Lawhorn from last weekend.  A very polite young man.

Class of 2023 McCutcheon High School guard Dra Gibbs-Lawhorn has the look of the next big thing in Indiana basketball recruiting.  As a freshman, Gibbs-Lawhorn poured in 21 points per game while adding 3 rebounds, 1.3 assists and .9 steals per contest. He made 49 percent of his attempts from the field, including 46 percent of 136 attempts from long range.

https://www.thedailyhoosier.com/iu-basketball-recruiting-2023-guard-dra-gibbs-lawhorn-talks-freshman-season-and-recruiting/?fbclid=IwAR0X7w4M12ZOYcQJ2McuSKoKdR9W1W0IfMBTo2KTPhxVVeYZpb_tjG6JbJ4