Thanks for visiting BtownBanners.com!  We noticed you have AdBlock enabled.  While ads can be annoying, we utilize them to provide these forums free of charge to you!  Please consider removing your AdBlock for BtownBanners or consider signing up to donate and help BtownBanners stay alive!  Thank you!

HoosierAloha

Purdoodoo toiletmakers vs. THE Indiana Hoosiers (2/8 at 2:00 on ESPN)

57 minutes ago, AKHoosier said:

Yesterday is the day I believe he will lose the casual fanbase.

Get ready for even emptier home games.

People who support and follow athletic teams don't derive any pleasure when they lose. Nobody wants to spend hard earned money on an unpleasant experience. That to me is where we are, or are going, right now. And yesterday was historically about as bad as I can ever remember.

We need the new AD to throw money at Stevens. Give him the farm

Would love it but Stevens isn’t answering CBB calls unless it’s Duke. Just ain’t happening. Gotta look at other options: Billy D’s a little more realistic but probably still impossible.

Sent from my iPhone using BtownBanners

7 minutes ago, Bobman1 said:

Would love it but Stevens isn’t answering CBB calls unless it’s Duke. Just ain’t happening. Gotta look at other options: Billy D’s a little more realistic but probably still impossible.

Im not sure too many NBA guys want to touch the college game right now.

7 minutes ago, Bobman1 said:

Not impossible when IU has a lot of money to throw

I would say Stevens is probably more possible than Donovan and both are not happening. Donovan is looking like the coach of the year this year. Or top 2 or 3 at this point. Both teams will be in the playoffs. If a spot were to open up its in March. We would not have a coaching vacancy for 2-3 months in the offseason.

Sent from my iPhone using BtownBanners mobile app

1 hour ago, Hoosier Guy said:

I really think Stevens would come. All it takes is IU offering the dough

Maybe we will find out but I recall reading that he was really tired of the recruiting bs and that there was really no off-season for college coaches.

I would really prefer to see IU start to consistently play hard, hold home court, crawl into the tourney, land a few of the talented 2021 players, improve chemistry/effort next year with Green gone and Archie being the solution for the next two decades. Would I bet on those things happening....No.

12 minutes ago, DChoosier said:

Maybe we will find out but I recall reading that he was really tired of the recruiting bs and that there was really no off-season for college coaches.

I would really prefer to see IU start to consistently play hard, hold home court, crawl into the tourney, land a few of the talented 2021 players, improve chemistry/effort next year with Green gone and Archie being the solution for the next two decades. Would I bet on those things happening....No.

I wanted Archie to succeed so badly. It’s just not going to happen though. Nothing changes with the team. It’s the same crap over and over again. He’s not the solution

I think most of us wanted Archie to be the guy...it’s not like it was a few years ago when we were all so divided that no coach could have found support here. Now I believe the right coach would have most everyone pulling for him, it was mostly that way for Archie in the beginning. Stevens would have 100% support and could pretty much have his pick of any kid in the State every year! I believe Chris Beard would also be highly supported and regarded in the State!

19 minutes ago, Hoosier Guy said:

I have to wonder why anyone would want to be a coach and put up with the 24/7 nonsense that is college basketball today. I love basketball, used to anyway, and the money is good, but I love my family more. High level college basketball coaches can't possibly have any kind of reasonable family time. Makes me wonder just how these guys are wired.

3 hours ago, Bobman1 said:

I always said Stevens was waiting for that job to open up.

5 hours ago, Alford Bailey said:

All the Purdue fans were gloating this morning at church and the IU fans are done with CAM. Not many programs hang on to a coach who cant beat the rival.

Let them have their day.  They blew their best chance to hang a banner last year.  Until they have one, I couldn't care less about them.  And if administration needs to see where our program is at, it's easier to do so when you lose to your rival than someone else. 

Archie and Co. will need to take the Crean “Us against the world” approach because that’s all that’s left. Archie has already lost the majority of the fanbase. Very few believe in him or the team. Last ditch effort time. Already. How sad. Sneaking into the tournament this year won’t regain many of those he’s already lost.

As far as recruiting, I think recent results indicate there has already been an impact. When things got tough for Crean we bought Thomas Bryant. No one left to buy in 2020. It’s ugly folks. It’s uglier than our record indicates and it has been for Archies entire tenure.

Sent from my iPad using BtownBanners

21 minutes ago, WayneFleekHoosier said:

Archie and Co. will need to take the Crean “Us against the world” approach because that’s all that’s left. Archie has already lost the majority of the fanbase. Very few believe in him or the team. Last ditch effort time. Already. How sad. Sneaking into the tournament this year won’t regain many of those he’s already lost.

As far as recruiting, I think recent results indicate there has already been an impact. When things got tough for Crean we bought Thomas Bryant. No one left to buy in 2020. It’s ugly folks. It’s uglier than our record indicates and it has been for Archies entire tenure.

Sent from my iPad using BtownBanners

2020 class is underwhelming. We are back to looking 2 years down the road and hoping.