Thanks for visiting BtownBanners.com!  We noticed you have AdBlock enabled.  While ads can be annoying, we utilize them to provide these forums free of charge to you!  Please consider removing your AdBlock for BtownBanners or consider signing up to donate and help BtownBanners stay alive!  Thank you!

HoosierAloha

Purdoodoo toiletmakers vs. THE Indiana Hoosiers (2/8 at 2:00 on ESPN)

Well he was. Because the Illini made the NIT and went to the 3rd round with interim coach Jamall Walker.

Sent from my iPhone using BtownBanners mobile app

I am so  stupid.  My original prediction in prediction league was 70-57 PUke win.  Yesterday I had a senior moment and changed it to an IU win.  Dumb, dumb, dumb.
I'm resigned to  the fact Archie will get a 4th year unless he voluntarily steps aside.  I'm also resigned to the fact next year is unlikely to be any better than this year.  The product we're putting on the court has become unwatchable.  If they played with passion and heart and still lost it would be one thing.  But this team.....................................
The first question that should be asked of any AD candidate is:  "Did you bring your wish list for our basketball coaching position?"

I have pitchforks ready. Me and you, OF? Let’s Go!!!!

Sent from my iPad using BtownBanners mobile app

3 minutes ago, brumdog45 said:

We have one guy playing hero ball and the rest playing innocent  bystander.  Green makes me scratch my head with the shots he takes.  The others make me scratch my head with the ones they don't.

This. Just once I would love to see Rob be aggressive with his shot. Needs to shoot more. Even if his drives, it seems like he hesitates and stops even at the slightest resistance. Need some guards that can get by a guy and make the defense help and force them to recover. Even if we don’t have guys that could knock a shot down I’d just love to see someone get aggressive with the dribble and blow past a guy. Not a big Green fan but at least he’s looking to score, not sure about anyone else at times

Rob is basically a rich mans Danny Moore at this point if you ask me. Was a huge fan of Rob but today.. I'm over it. Get a new guard. Rob would be great off the bench. I've changed my mind, he's just as soft as the rest of the team. 

There are 2 things to watch at this point. The emergence of Hunter and then TJD developing a mid range game. Ok, 3.. I hope half this team is kicked off or transfers at end of season. If that doesn't happen... It's literally the same team back. Green and Davis are gone, 3 unprepared freshman enter. Basically same season again

If Archie stays, the only way I see him rectifying this is kicking 3 or 4 guys off and hitting the transfer circuit.

Also, is Hunter going to hit the starting 5 in place of Smith? Or do I die first?how does this thing work?

9 minutes ago, Class of '66 Old Fart said:

Carter Whitt was in attendance.  Certainly had to see there were immediate playing time opportunities.

Exactly what we were saying after the game.

Also; world class hair young man.

Is he from Indiana? If so, then he’s of course amazing and will u eh around the program.

No, North Carolina. Ranked 45-65 range. But everything I’ve watched of him, I’m not impressed. Seems more like a 100-120 guy to me. We’ll see where he ends up.

39 minutes ago, LIHoosier said:

My dad had a bad stroke years ago and I understand to some point the situation. If Coach wanted to return on a national game like today or a BTN+ game vs Whatever St, it should've been when he was up to it, heck even let Coach show to practice so that he felt acclimated. It helped a lot of fans/alumni/admin that the hatchet was buried; it just felt rushed considering his health and how he looked today.

I'm sure that it had a lot to do with the fact that they had probably tried to do it once before against Ohio State and that they probably felt that it wasn't ever going to be a case of where they could certain how it was going to go and that with the 1980 team coming in, it was as good as any other day to attempt it.  Unfortunately with his current mental state that its good that -- as someone else said here -- it's simply over.  The band aid was ripped off and hopefully if there are times when he is up to it, he can be around IU without the production.

Just now, brumdog45 said:

I'm sure that it had a lot to do with the fact that they had probably tried to do it once before against Ohio State and that they probably felt that it wasn't ever going to be a case of where they could certain how it was going to go and that with the 1980 team coming in, it was as good as any other day to attempt it.  Unfortunately with his current mental state that its good that -- as someone else said here -- it's simply over.  The band aid was ripped off and hopefully if there are times when he is up to it, he can be around IU without the production.

Yep,  get him a couple of club seats and let him stroll around up there.  He still knows more about basketball than most of the people involved with this program.  

2 hours ago, JaybobHoosier said:

Yep...... I don’t see how anyone can be hopefully about this year or future of this program. Players aren’t doing the things needed to compete, and the coaches are doing jack squat with these players or making adjustments to find success.

This team won’t be anything, and it’s kills me to say this as a diehard Hoosier fan. This university has arguably the best recruiting with the state, very good facilities, rich history, and one of the best fan bases. How in the world are we just a constant mediocre program?! I refuse to watch games anymore because I’m so sick of the product on the floor!

Sent from my iPhone using BtownBanners

One thing...we are not mediocre.