Thanks for visiting BtownBanners.com!  We noticed you have AdBlock enabled.  While ads can be annoying, we utilize them to provide these forums free of charge to you!  Please consider removing your AdBlock for BtownBanners or consider signing up to donate and help BtownBanners stay alive!  Thank you!

JaybobHoosier

Indiana Hoosiers vs Ohio St. Buckeyes - 12pm ET Tip-off

5 minutes ago, LIHoosier said:

A**hole made a 40 footer, now he'll shoot everything in the 2nd half

I’d rather watch DG go iso ball for the final 20 minutes than watch us try to run an offense. The point ceiling on him going iso is way higher than the alternative. 

2 minutes ago, Hovadipo said:

I’d rather watch DG go iso ball for the final 20 minutes than watch us try to watch an offense. The point ceiling on him going iso is way higher than the alternative. 

You're an enabler

6 minutes ago, Class of '66 Old Fart said:

I'll be honest.  I checked out on this team several games ago.  I prefer to focus on our recruiting and other IU sports and try to delude myself that basketball will get better.   

Not like there's a lot to be happy about there, either. 

4 minutes ago, IUHAHN82 said:

I wish Archie would chew himself AND his players a** half as hard as he chews that gum.  Speed of the leader, speed of the group.  Gotta show some fire yourself Archie! 

He does, he just can't get the players to respond. I don't think they take him seriously anymore. 

I’d rather watch DG go iso ball for the final 20 minutes than watch us try to run an offense. The point ceiling on him going iso is way higher than the alternative. 

Honestly probably true. 19 first half points on what, probably 30 possessions. Iso-ball would probably have us around 26 but got to account for the turnovers leading to points on the other end. Either way something’s gotta change

Sent from my iPhone using BtownBanners

You know, everyone talked “Good Devonte/Bad Devonte” early in the season and our frustrations were with wanting more good Devonte. His talent and ability to make shots was something we needed on this team, if he could improve his decision making. What I see now is a kid who has been drilled so hard about being smarter and not taking bad shots, that you’ve got a dilluted version of the good Devonte we need of this team is gonna win. He is thinking so hard about making passes that won’t get him benched that what made him valuable, his confidence and ability to fire off three 3’s in a row and keep us in the game is gone. He’s playing to please, instead of with his instincts. And it’s actually causing more turnovers and missed shots. He’s everybody’s favorite black sheep, but he’s the best shooter on the team and if you haven’t noticed, the other guards aren’t an upgrade - they’re just safer options with lower ceilings. But I know, I’m an enabler.