Thanks for visiting BtownBanners.com!  We noticed you have AdBlock enabled.  While ads can be annoying, we utilize them to provide these forums free of charge to you!  Please consider removing your AdBlock for BtownBanners or consider signing up to donate and help BtownBanners stay alive!  Thank you!

Hoosierfan31

Bendu yeaney transferring - Again

8 hours ago, JerryYeagley23 said:

Not sure who wrote the article, but there was an expanded quote from Bendu that said she actually has a family member who had a health condition that had deteriorated. Not saying there isn’t anything else going on, but to make that public, I think that was the driving force behind this transfer, not necessarily an issue with the staff. 

Larryn Brooks said her mom was sick and that's why she had to leave texas tech..then she transferred to Weber state, 22 hours from where her mom lives..to be with her girlfriend

RIA gulley wanted to be closer to home..went even further away (dodged a bullet with her)

I can find more examples, but I'm sure there were several factors weighed into bendu's decision to leave, but if you think that the handling of this injury and bleak prospect of breaking into the rotation anytime soon didnt have anything to do with it, I would say you are wrong. 

14 hours ago, Hoosierfan31 said:

On another thread (the one about beeler I assume) he or she made a jab at me without tagging or quoting me (since I hadn't even made a comment on that thread) just a little childish imo

Edit: link. 

Are you kidding?  I'm a lot childish!  

On 1/31/2020 at 12:38 PM, Class of '66 Old Fart said:

Classy exit.  Wish her well.

That’s one thing I like about Bendu is that she is very classy and genuine with everything she does. She has been a great role model for a lot of younger kids especially because she goes above and beyond to have relationships with people. 

On 2/2/2020 at 11:59 PM, Hoosierfan31 said:

Larryn Brooks said her mom was sick and that's why she had to leave texas tech..then she transferred to Weber state, 22 hours from where her mom lives..to be with her girlfriend

RIA gulley wanted to be closer to home..went even further away (dodged a bullet with her)

I can find more examples, but I'm sure there were several factors weighed into bendu's decision to leave, but if you think that the handling of this injury and bleak prospect of breaking into the rotation anytime soon didnt have anything to do with it, I would say you are wrong. 

Very true. I also think she would of mentioned something in your personal statement on Twitter about family as well just because she very transparent in social media. So I just think other things went on just that made her make her decision final. It just strange for players to leave in the middle of the season. Since she still has to be here for the end of the semester I think. 

On 2/2/2020 at 11:51 PM, Hoosierfan31 said:

On another thread (the one about beeler I assume) he or she made a jab at me without tagging or quoting me (since I hadn't even made a comment on that thread) just a little childish imo

Edit: link. 

A few mods here leave a lot to be desired. Best to just try to ignore. Thanks for the info.

On 3/15/2020 at 11:40 AM, Class of '66 Old Fart said:

Off to Arizona.

I didn't see this till just now. Didn't realize she had made her selection. Interesting that she put it out there that the reason behind her transfer was a family issue. She's from Portland -- and picked Arizona ... I still worry every now and then about the number of transfers we've had. Bendu can transfer for whatever reason she wants -- and that's fine. But it just seems odd that she seemingly left to be closer to home, then picked a school 1,500 miles from home. 

On 4/17/2020 at 10:28 AM, LamarCheeks said:

I didn't see this till just now. Didn't realize she had made her selection. Interesting that she put it out there that the reason behind her transfer was a family issue. She's from Portland -- and picked Arizona ... I still worry every now and then about the number of transfers we've had. Bendu can transfer for whatever reason she wants -- and that's fine. But it just seems odd that she seemingly left to be closer to home, then picked a school 1,500 miles from home. 

Because those statements are always bull. I know this first hand. They are like almost required by programs that you need to clarify that you are not on bad terms with the program whether it's true or not. She was probably really unhappy and needed to come up with a really good reason why she was leaving at such an odd time during the season. It's probably what she told the staff, doesnt mean its true. I still think of larryn brooks leaving texas tech (said her mother was sick in Ky and went to utah) and ria (VA closer to texas?) leaving iuwbb as prime examples that there statements were bull. Destiny Slocum who left maryland said she needed to be closer to home, how shes transferring again and said in a recent article that she lied about getting closer to home being why she left the terps.

Of course they're running from college park as if it were on fire...

I also heard that Beeler committed somewhere but I'm not sure where yet.

Nothing on allen, nobody in her family has any online presence, haha.

On 4/17/2020 at 8:28 AM, LamarCheeks said:

Arizona seems far away from Oregon but in all reality if you are from the west coast you know how close it is. The flight from Oregon to Arizona is about 2 hours which the flight from Oregon to Indiana takes about 5 to 6 hours. On top of that they will be playing against Oregon & Oregon state, plus the Washington schools which isn’t far from Oregon. So she will be able to be home and see her family a lot more often. Just because she didn’t go directly to a school in Oregon doesn’t mean she didn’t get “closer” to home. She got close enough to where if there is anything going on at home that she needs to be there for she will get there right away unlike if she were to stay at Indiana. 

On 4/18/2020 at 11:00 AM, Hoosierfan31 said:

Because those statements are always bull. I know this first hand. They are like almost required by programs that you need to clarify that you are not on bad terms with the program whether it's true or not. She was probably really unhappy and needed to come up with a really good reason why she was leaving at such an odd time during the season. It's probably what she told the staff, doesnt mean its true. I still think of larryn brooks leaving texas tech (said her mother was sick in Ky and went to utah) and ria (VA closer to texas?) leaving iuwbb as prime examples that there statements were bull. Destiny Slocum who left maryland said she needed to be closer to home, how shes transferring again and said in a recent article that she lied about getting closer to home being why she left the terps.

Of course they're running from college park as if it were on fire...

I also heard that Beeler committed somewhere but I'm not sure where yet.

Nothing on allen, nobody in her family has any online presence, haha.

I have a source that is close with Bendu’s family. Which they have talked to Bendu directly about this situation. She didn’t write that statement IU wrote it and put it out as if she did. She said her family did play a part in her leaving IU. They weren’t able to watch her and see her as much. And on top of that she was very unhappy & homesick from the start and it just got worse. Plus the coaching staff played a big role and she didn’t have the best relationship with them and wasn’t happy about how they conduct certain things. Her goal is to play professionally and she wasn’t going to do that staying at IU.  Her going to Arizona was the high favorite because she’s knew the head coach( played pro)  and her assistant aka her husband( coaches pros in Italy)  since she was in the 6th grade. And There’s another Assistant Jackie Nared which Bendu grew up playing with Jackie’s younger sister Jamie ( played for Tennessee). So she went somewhere that she’s surround by people she grew up knowing which she considers family. And they will know how to coach her and get the most out of her and potentially have a better shot at the WNBA. They turned Aari McDonald from a nobody to the 2nd best player in college basketball.  Arizona is looking like a top 5 team. Especially because it  looks like Bendu will play next season. They are already preseason ranked 7th and they picked up some good transfers. 

5 hours ago, Basketballhead24 said:

I have a source that is close with Bendu’s family. Which they have talked to Bendu directly about this situation. She didn’t write that statement IU wrote it and put it out as if she did. She said her family did play a part in her leaving IU. They weren’t able to watch her and see her as much. And on top of that she was very unhappy & homesick from the start and it just got worse. Plus the coaching staff played a big role and she didn’t have the best relationship with them and wasn’t happy about how they conduct certain things. Her goal is to play professionally and she wasn’t going to do that staying at IU.  Her going to Arizona was the high favorite because she’s knew the head coach( played pro)  and her assistant aka her husband( coaches pros in Italy)  since she was in the 6th grade. And There’s another Assistant Jackie Nared which Bendu grew up playing with Jackie’s younger sister Jamie ( played for Tennessee). So she went somewhere that she’s surround by people she grew up knowing which she considers family. And they will know how to coach her and get the most out of her and potentially have a better shot at the WNBA. They turned Aari McDonald from a nobody to the 2nd best player in college basketball.  Arizona is looking like a top 5 team. Especially because it  looks like Bendu will play next season. They are already preseason ranked 7th and they picked up some good transfers. 

I know all about the "statements" put out by this staff.. lol it's very clear that once they dont see immediate use in these kids they "move on" from them so I don't blame her for moving on as well. I hope she is successful